|By Business Wire||
|May 6, 2014 12:16 PM EDT||
Today at Citrix Synergy™, Citrix is providing an early view of upcoming releases of Citrix XenApp® and Citrix XenDesktop®, the company’s industry-leading solutions for delivering Windows in the mobile-cloud era. New versions of XenApp and XenDesktop were released in March 2014, and Citrix is continuing a brisk pace of innovation in its flagship products to drive even higher levels of security and user experience for mobility and cloud on the unified platform for virtual Windows apps and desktops. At the conference, Citrix will provide an early view of refinements that enhance security capabilities, provide high-performance HTML5 browser-based access from any device, enable fast log-ons, simplify roaming apps across multiple devices and support for the latest USB 3.0 peripherals, as well as many more real-world, customer-driven features. In addition, Citrix is releasing a private technology preview of tools that will facilitate migration to the latest releases for existing customers. XenApp and XenDesktop are cornerstones of the new Citrix Workspace Suite, which unites its market-leading virtualization, mobility, networking and cloud services technologies to make it even easier for people to work anywhere.
To help organizations manage the market forces of consumerization, mobility and cloud, Citrix provides a complete mobile workspace solution that securely delivers apps, desktops, files and services to any user, on any device, over any network – all with an intuitive user experience. No other vendor can provide app and desktop delivery, secure mobile app and device management, and cloud networking for a comprehensive, customizable mobile workspace.
Delivering Real Customer Value
Citrix is refining its new generation of Windows delivery products with unique features that healthcare, finance, government and education customers have relied on for the last 25 years – features that will be available for the first time with both app delivery and VDI. These tightly-integrated products offer an unmatched mix of security with granular policy controls down to the application; advancements in user experience; management with end-user focused monitoring and reporting; and cloud-style openness and flexibility with multi-cloud support and native cloud provisioning built in. The upcoming releases will continue to deliver proven customer value, which has resulted from thousands of successful real-world customer deployments. Along with the private technology preview of migration tools, Citrix is providing an early look at additional technology in the Citrix booth.
- Simplifying Anywhere Access with Citrix Receiver for HTML5 – Citrix leads the industry in delivering a high-definition user experience over any network via a zero-install client that enables any HTML5 browser to easily access a mobile workspace on demand. At Synergy, Citrix is providing an early look at high-performance browser-based access via Citrix Receiver™ for HTML5. Upcoming enhancements to Citrix Receiver for HTML5 will include capabilities for advanced printing and USB device support such as smart card readers and bi-directional audio/video, and 3D graphics acceleration through work with NVIDIA. To help support the adoption of Chromebooks, Citrix and Google also are working together to help speed this transition, and for a limited time, Citrix is providing a 25 percent promotional discount on XenApp Platinum edition for enterprises purchasing Google Chromebooks.
- Simplify and Speed Up Migration – Enterprises today have thousands of apps, including mission-critical apps, running on XenApp. Migrations to new platforms take careful planning and execution, and the Citrix FlexCast Management Architecture is the optimal platform, enabling current XenApp customers to reduce the time and overhead of application virtualization and platform migrations by as much as 90 percent. At Synergy, Citrix is releasing a private technology preview of migration tools. This allows Citrix to gather real-world feedback on how customers are able to capture and migrate policies, images and configurations and move them smoothly to the new architecture. These tools will allow customers to preserve key features that competing solutions don’t have, such as new mobility, automation and cloud capabilities and Citrix HDX™ technologies. The tools will dramatically simplify the migration and upgrade process, while minimizing downtime and streamlining administrative efforts. In addition to migration tools, Citrix AppDNA™ application migration software gives customers powerful tools to qualify and remediate apps for use with new operating systems, another key step in migrating to new platforms.
- Powerful User Experience over Mobile Networks – Citrix will also provide an early look at the powerful combination of HDX technology and Framehawk. The advanced data and video remoting capabilities dramatically improve the user experience by intelligently rendering large amounts of data in the datacenter and displaying the contents on mobile devices without compromising real-time performance. Framehawk technology will be integrated into HDX technology to provide users with a powerful, high-definition user experience over any type of network including unreliable mobile and Wi-Fi networks.
Strong Partner Ecosystem Engagement
Throughout its 25-year history, Citrix has made partnership part of its DNA. Building a strong partner ecosystem through major partners, such as HP and NVIDIA, as well as driving additional customer value through its Citrix Ready® programs, has continued to be a key strategy in helping customers deliver integrated IT solutions. Citrix partners are building products that support and integrate with the FlexCast Management Architecture, further extending the value of this platform for customers.
- HP DL380z Virtual Workstation with NVIDIA and Citrix – Today, HP launched its new DL380z virtual workstation that leverages NVIDIA GRID technology to provide a secure, high-performance solution for delivering 3D apps with XenDesktop and HDX 3D Pro. Customers benefit from the tight collaboration between Citrix, HP and NVIDIA with high-performance delivery of graphics-intensive 3D apps.
- Optimizing 3D App Experience with NVIDIA – Citrix led the industry as the first to enable graphics acceleration for XenApp with NVIDIA GPUs, and on the Synergy keynote stage last year, it was joined by NVIDIA to introduce the first native GRID vGPU technology for sharing GPU power across multiple VDI users with XenDesktop. Over the last year, NVIDIA and Citrix have seen increasing customer adoption across North America, Europe and Japan in the manufacturing, global engineering and energy markets. This year, Citrix is continuing the investment and commitment with Citrix XenServer and an upcoming technology preview supporting 64-bit architecture, delivering enhanced user density for vGPU-enabled workloads.
- Helping Enterprises Leverage the Power of the Cloud – Announced in January 2014, the Citrix Ready Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Cloud for XenDesktop program gives customers the confidence that XenDesktop will run on a particular cloud operator’s infrastructure. The first of a growing set of cloud providers are validating that their IaaS clouds support XenDesktop and XenApp. Ennit server GmbH, MCPc and SSI have passed a rigid set of functional requirements verifying that their production cloud infrastructures, based on Citrix CloudPlatform™ powered by Apache CloudStack™, and will support hybrid cloud provisioning directly from XenDesktop 7.5 and XenApp 7.5. In addition, CloudOps, Datapipe, EVRY, Host.net, iNNOVO Cloud GmbH, Ikoula, Janz IT, MK Netzdienste, NTT Communications, Corp., PKN Datenkommunikations GmbH, SCSK, Verio and Zajil Telecom are also working with Citrix to verify the readiness of their cloud infrastructure.
- Reducing Storage Costs for VDI – Announced in January 2014, the Citrix Ready VDI Capacity Program Verified for XenDesktop continues to expand with new partners. Twelve storage partners have been verified to provide customers with a cost-effective design and pricing, as low as $15 per user1, to dramatically simplify storage costs and sizing for VDI.
- Broad Ecosystem of Verified 3D Apps – Since 2009, Citrix has worked with the leading graphics ISVs to deliver centralized 3D graphics applications using XenApp and XenDesktop with HDX 3D Pro. Citrix is the market-leader in this space with an extensive ecosystem of 3D app vendors who have verified their software with Citrix, including Autodesk AutoCAD and Revit, Siemens NX and TeamCenter, PTC Creo, Intergraph SmartPlant 3D, MicroStation PowerDraft and V8i, Adobe Creative Cloud and more.
Rakesh Narasimhan, Group VP and GM, Desktops and Apps Group at Citrix
“Enterprises are facing ever more rapid changes as a result of mobility and cloud. Citrix is responding by accelerating the pace of technology innovation in XenApp and XenDesktop, and expanding our partner ecosystem. We are focused on helping organizations leverage cloud delivery to enable personalized mobile workspaces for every user in the enterprise.”
Dennis Rachiele, Senior Network Administrator, Taco, Inc.
“Over the past year and a half, Taco has been renovating our 100-year-old factory with a state-of-the-art training facility and new office renovations. With the implementation of XenDesktop, Taco found it remarkably easy to relocate 100+ users multiple times during the various construction phases. Our users were able to just pick up and walk to their temporary location and simply log back in right where they left off. Because of the flexibility of our Citrix infrastructure, we are able to more rapidly respond to all the changing business needs we face on an ongoing basis.”
Michael Hogan, President and CEO, Hogan Consulting Group
“By ensuring the highest level of security without sacrificing user experience, XenApp and XenDesktop continue to be the best platform for delivering applications and desktops to end users anywhere, on any device. We are excited about the latest innovations as they address customer requirements.”
The migration tools will be available now as a private technology preview to existing customers current on Subscription Advantage.
- Announcement: Advances Innovation in Business Mobility
- Announcement: Citrix Introduces Industry’s Most Comprehensive Mobile Workspace Solution
- Video: Taco, Inc. Innovation Award video 2014
- Video: XenApp 6.5 Migration Demo
- XenApp and XenDesktop product page
- More information on Citrix Synergy
- Citrix Synergy 2014 Newsroom
- Twitter: @Citrix, @xenapp, @xendesktop, #citrixsynergy
- Facebook: Citrix
Citrix (NASDAQ:CTXS) is a leader in mobile workspaces, providing virtualization, mobility management, networking and cloud services to enable new ways to work better. Citrix solutions power business mobility through secure, personal workspaces that provide people with instant access to apps, desktops, data and communications on any device, over any network and cloud. This year Citrix is celebrating 25 years of innovation, making IT simpler and people more productive. With annual revenue in 2013 of $2.9 billion, Citrix solutions are in use at more than 330,000 organizations and by over 100 million users globally. Learn more at www.citrix.com.
For Citrix Investors
This release contains forward-looking statements which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The forward-looking statements in this release do not constitute guarantees of future performance. Those statements involve a number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, including risks associated with the impact of the global economy and uncertainty in the IT spending environment, including in revenue growth and recognition of revenue, products and services, their development and distribution, product demand and pipeline, economic and competitive factors, including risks associated with international growth and IT consolidation, as well as other risks detailed in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Citrix assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking information contained in this press release or with respect to the announcements described herein.
The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion and is subject to change without notice or consultation. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract.
Citrix, Citrix Synergy, XenDesktop, XenApp, Citrix Receiver, HDX, AppDNA, Citrix Ready and CloudPlatform are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
1 Citrix white paper: Citrix VDI Capacity Program for Storage Vendors
In the consumer IoT, everything is new, and the IT world of bits and bytes holds sway. But industrial and commercial realms encompass operational technology (OT) that has been around for 25 or 50 years. This grittier, pre-IP, more hands-on world has much to gain from Industrial IoT (IIoT) applications and principles. But adding sensors and wireless connectivity won’t work in environments that demand unwavering reliability and performance. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ron Sege, CEO of Echelon, will discuss how as enterprise IT embraces other IoT-related technology trends, enterprises with i...
Mar. 5, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 2,433
When it comes to the Internet of Things, hooking up will get you only so far. If you want customers to commit, you need to go beyond simply connecting products. You need to use the devices themselves to transform how you engage with every customer and how you manage the entire product lifecycle. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sean Lorenz, Technical Product Manager for Xively at LogMeIn, will show how “product relationship management” can help you leverage your connected devices and the data they generate about customer usage and product performance to deliver extremely compelling and reliabl...
Mar. 5, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,553
The Internet of Things (IoT) is causing data centers to become radically decentralized and atomized within a new paradigm known as “fog computing.” To support IoT applications, such as connected cars and smart grids, data centers' core functions will be decentralized out to the network's edges and endpoints (aka “fogs”). As this trend takes hold, Big Data analytics platforms will focus on high-volume log analysis (aka “logs”) and rely heavily on cognitive-computing algorithms (aka “cogs”) to make sense of it all.
Mar. 5, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,321
With several hundred implementations of IoT-enabled solutions in the past 12 months alone, this session will focus on experience over the art of the possible. Many can only imagine the most advanced telematics platform ever deployed, supporting millions of customers, producing tens of thousands events or GBs per trip, and hundreds of TBs per month. With the ability to support a billion sensor events per second, over 30PB of warm data for analytics, and hundreds of PBs for an data analytics archive, in his session at @ThingsExpo, Jim Kaskade, Vice President and General Manager, Big Data & Ana...
Mar. 5, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,454
One of the biggest impacts of the Internet of Things is and will continue to be on data; specifically data volume, management and usage. Companies are scrambling to adapt to this new and unpredictable data reality with legacy infrastructure that cannot handle the speed and volume of data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and president of Infobright, will discuss how companies need to rethink their data infrastructure to participate in the IoT, including: Data storage: Understanding the kinds of data: structured, unstructured, big/small? Analytics: What kinds and how responsiv...
Mar. 5, 2015 05:00 AM EST Reads: 2,747
The Workspace-as-a-Service (WaaS) market will grow to $6.4B by 2018. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Seth Bostock, CEO of IndependenceIT, will begin by walking the audience through the evolution of Workspace as-a-Service, where it is now vs. where it going. To look beyond the desktop we must understand exactly what WaaS is, who the users are, and where it is going in the future. IT departments, ISVs and service providers must look to workflow and automation capabilities to adapt to growing demand and the rapidly changing workspace model.
Mar. 5, 2015 04:00 AM EST Reads: 1,201
Since 2008 and for the first time in history, more than half of humans live in urban areas, urging cities to become “smart.” Today, cities can leverage the wide availability of smartphones combined with new technologies such as Beacons or NFC to connect their urban furniture and environment to create citizen-first services that improve transportation, way-finding and information delivery. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Laetitia Gazel-Anthoine, CEO of Connecthings, will focus on successful use cases.
Mar. 5, 2015 04:00 AM EST Reads: 3,051
Sensor-enabled things are becoming more commonplace, precursors to a larger and more complex framework that most consider the ultimate promise of the IoT: things connecting, interacting, sharing, storing, and over time perhaps learning and predicting based on habits, behaviors, location, preferences, purchases and more. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tom Wesselman, Director of Communications Ecosystem Architecture at Plantronics, will examine the still nascent IoT as it is coalescing, including what it is today, what it might ultimately be, the role of wearable tech, and technology gaps stil...
Mar. 5, 2015 03:30 AM EST Reads: 2,807
Almost everyone sees the potential of Internet of Things but how can businesses truly unlock that potential. The key will be in the ability to discover business insight in the midst of an ocean of Big Data generated from billions of embedded devices via Systems of Discover. Businesses will also need to ensure that they can sustain that insight by leveraging the cloud for global reach, scale and elasticity.
Mar. 5, 2015 03:15 AM EST Reads: 4,655
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to evolve the way the world does business; however, understanding how to apply it to your company can be a mystery. Most people struggle with understanding the potential business uses or tend to get caught up in the technology, resulting in solutions that fail to meet even minimum business goals. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO / President / Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., showed what is needed to leverage the IoT to transform your business. He discussed opportunities and challenges ahead for the IoT from a market and technical point of vie...
Mar. 5, 2015 02:45 AM EST Reads: 4,011
IoT is still a vague buzzword for many people. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Kavis, Vice President & Principal Cloud Architect at Cloud Technology Partners, discussed the business value of IoT that goes far beyond the general public's perception that IoT is all about wearables and home consumer services. He also discussed how IoT is perceived by investors and how venture capitalist access this space. Other topics discussed were barriers to success, what is new, what is old, and what the future may hold. Mike Kavis is Vice President & Principal Cloud Architect at Cloud Technology Pa...
Mar. 5, 2015 02:30 AM EST Reads: 4,616
Hadoop as a Service (as offered by handful of niche vendors now) is a cloud computing solution that makes medium and large-scale data processing accessible, easy, fast and inexpensive. In his session at Big Data Expo, Kumar Ramamurthy, Vice President and Chief Technologist, EIM & Big Data, at Virtusa, will discuss how this is achieved by eliminating the operational challenges of running Hadoop, so one can focus on business growth. The fragmented Hadoop distribution world and various PaaS solutions that provide a Hadoop flavor either make choices for customers very flexible in the name of opti...
Mar. 5, 2015 02:30 AM EST Reads: 1,296
The true value of the Internet of Things (IoT) lies not just in the data, but through the services that protect the data, perform the analysis and present findings in a usable way. With many IoT elements rooted in traditional IT components, Big Data and IoT isn’t just a play for enterprise. In fact, the IoT presents SMBs with the prospect of launching entirely new activities and exploring innovative areas. CompTIA research identifies several areas where IoT is expected to have the greatest impact.
Mar. 5, 2015 02:00 AM EST Reads: 3,151
Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) are increasing at an unprecedented rate. The threat landscape of today is drastically different than just a few years ago. Attacks are much more organized and sophisticated. They are harder to detect and even harder to anticipate. In the foreseeable future it's going to get a whole lot harder. Everything you know today will change. Keeping up with this changing landscape is already a daunting task. Your organization needs to use the latest tools, methods and expertise to guard against those threats. But will that be enough? In the foreseeable future attacks w...
Mar. 5, 2015 01:30 AM EST Reads: 3,724
Disruptive macro trends in technology are impacting and dramatically changing the "art of the possible" relative to supply chain management practices through the innovative use of IoT, cloud, machine learning and Big Data to enable connected ecosystems of engagement. Enterprise informatics can now move beyond point solutions that merely monitor the past and implement integrated enterprise fabrics that enable end-to-end supply chain visibility to improve customer service delivery and optimize supplier management. Learn about enterprise architecture strategies for designing connected systems tha...
Mar. 5, 2015 12:30 AM EST Reads: 3,663
Dale Kim is the Director of Industry Solutions at MapR. His background includes a variety of technical and management roles at information technology companies. While his experience includes work with relational databases, much of his career pertains to non-relational data in the areas of search, content management, and NoSQL, and includes senior roles in technical marketing, sales engineering, and support engineering. Dale holds an MBA from Santa Clara University, and a BA in Computer Science from the University of California, Berkeley.
Mar. 5, 2015 12:15 AM EST Reads: 3,830
Wearable devices have come of age. The primary applications of wearables so far have been "the Quantified Self" or the tracking of one's fitness and health status. We propose the evolution of wearables into social and emotional communication devices. Our BE(tm) sensor uses light to visualize the skin conductance response. Our sensors are very inexpensive and can be massively distributed to audiences or groups of any size, in order to gauge reactions to performances, video, or any kind of presentation. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Jocelyn Scheirer, CEO & Founder of Bionolux, will discuss ho...
Mar. 5, 2015 12:00 AM EST Reads: 3,143
The cloud is now a fact of life but generating recurring revenues that are driven by solutions and services on a consumption model have been hard to implement, until now. In their session at 16th Cloud Expo, Ermanno Bonifazi, CEO & Founder of Solgenia, and Ian Khan, Global Strategic Positioning & Brand Manager at Solgenia, will discuss how a top European telco has leveraged the innovative recurring revenue generating capability of the consumption cloud to enable a unique cloud monetization model to drive results.
Mar. 4, 2015 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,931
As organizations shift toward IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection &E-Discovery of your data – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Partnerships, will discuss how to cut costs, scale easily, and unleash insight with CommVault Simpana software, the only si...
Mar. 4, 2015 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,076
Analytics is the foundation of smart data and now, with the ability to run Hadoop directly on smart storage systems like Cloudian HyperStore, enterprises will gain huge business advantages in terms of scalability, efficiency and cost savings as they move closer to realizing the potential of the Internet of Things. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Paul Turner, technology evangelist and CMO at Cloudian, Inc., will discuss the revolutionary notion that the storage world is transitioning from mere Big Data to smart data. He will argue that today’s hybrid cloud storage solutions, with commodity...
Mar. 4, 2015 06:00 PM EST Reads: 2,032