|By Business Wire||
|May 6, 2014 12:16 PM EDT||
Today at Citrix Synergy™, Citrix is providing an early view of upcoming releases of Citrix XenApp® and Citrix XenDesktop®, the company’s industry-leading solutions for delivering Windows in the mobile-cloud era. New versions of XenApp and XenDesktop were released in March 2014, and Citrix is continuing a brisk pace of innovation in its flagship products to drive even higher levels of security and user experience for mobility and cloud on the unified platform for virtual Windows apps and desktops. At the conference, Citrix will provide an early view of refinements that enhance security capabilities, provide high-performance HTML5 browser-based access from any device, enable fast log-ons, simplify roaming apps across multiple devices and support for the latest USB 3.0 peripherals, as well as many more real-world, customer-driven features. In addition, Citrix is releasing a private technology preview of tools that will facilitate migration to the latest releases for existing customers. XenApp and XenDesktop are cornerstones of the new Citrix Workspace Suite, which unites its market-leading virtualization, mobility, networking and cloud services technologies to make it even easier for people to work anywhere.
To help organizations manage the market forces of consumerization, mobility and cloud, Citrix provides a complete mobile workspace solution that securely delivers apps, desktops, files and services to any user, on any device, over any network – all with an intuitive user experience. No other vendor can provide app and desktop delivery, secure mobile app and device management, and cloud networking for a comprehensive, customizable mobile workspace.
Delivering Real Customer Value
Citrix is refining its new generation of Windows delivery products with unique features that healthcare, finance, government and education customers have relied on for the last 25 years – features that will be available for the first time with both app delivery and VDI. These tightly-integrated products offer an unmatched mix of security with granular policy controls down to the application; advancements in user experience; management with end-user focused monitoring and reporting; and cloud-style openness and flexibility with multi-cloud support and native cloud provisioning built in. The upcoming releases will continue to deliver proven customer value, which has resulted from thousands of successful real-world customer deployments. Along with the private technology preview of migration tools, Citrix is providing an early look at additional technology in the Citrix booth.
- Simplifying Anywhere Access with Citrix Receiver for HTML5 – Citrix leads the industry in delivering a high-definition user experience over any network via a zero-install client that enables any HTML5 browser to easily access a mobile workspace on demand. At Synergy, Citrix is providing an early look at high-performance browser-based access via Citrix Receiver™ for HTML5. Upcoming enhancements to Citrix Receiver for HTML5 will include capabilities for advanced printing and USB device support such as smart card readers and bi-directional audio/video, and 3D graphics acceleration through work with NVIDIA. To help support the adoption of Chromebooks, Citrix and Google also are working together to help speed this transition, and for a limited time, Citrix is providing a 25 percent promotional discount on XenApp Platinum edition for enterprises purchasing Google Chromebooks.
- Simplify and Speed Up Migration – Enterprises today have thousands of apps, including mission-critical apps, running on XenApp. Migrations to new platforms take careful planning and execution, and the Citrix FlexCast Management Architecture is the optimal platform, enabling current XenApp customers to reduce the time and overhead of application virtualization and platform migrations by as much as 90 percent. At Synergy, Citrix is releasing a private technology preview of migration tools. This allows Citrix to gather real-world feedback on how customers are able to capture and migrate policies, images and configurations and move them smoothly to the new architecture. These tools will allow customers to preserve key features that competing solutions don’t have, such as new mobility, automation and cloud capabilities and Citrix HDX™ technologies. The tools will dramatically simplify the migration and upgrade process, while minimizing downtime and streamlining administrative efforts. In addition to migration tools, Citrix AppDNA™ application migration software gives customers powerful tools to qualify and remediate apps for use with new operating systems, another key step in migrating to new platforms.
- Powerful User Experience over Mobile Networks – Citrix will also provide an early look at the powerful combination of HDX technology and Framehawk. The advanced data and video remoting capabilities dramatically improve the user experience by intelligently rendering large amounts of data in the datacenter and displaying the contents on mobile devices without compromising real-time performance. Framehawk technology will be integrated into HDX technology to provide users with a powerful, high-definition user experience over any type of network including unreliable mobile and Wi-Fi networks.
Strong Partner Ecosystem Engagement
Throughout its 25-year history, Citrix has made partnership part of its DNA. Building a strong partner ecosystem through major partners, such as HP and NVIDIA, as well as driving additional customer value through its Citrix Ready® programs, has continued to be a key strategy in helping customers deliver integrated IT solutions. Citrix partners are building products that support and integrate with the FlexCast Management Architecture, further extending the value of this platform for customers.
- HP DL380z Virtual Workstation with NVIDIA and Citrix – Today, HP launched its new DL380z virtual workstation that leverages NVIDIA GRID technology to provide a secure, high-performance solution for delivering 3D apps with XenDesktop and HDX 3D Pro. Customers benefit from the tight collaboration between Citrix, HP and NVIDIA with high-performance delivery of graphics-intensive 3D apps.
- Optimizing 3D App Experience with NVIDIA – Citrix led the industry as the first to enable graphics acceleration for XenApp with NVIDIA GPUs, and on the Synergy keynote stage last year, it was joined by NVIDIA to introduce the first native GRID vGPU technology for sharing GPU power across multiple VDI users with XenDesktop. Over the last year, NVIDIA and Citrix have seen increasing customer adoption across North America, Europe and Japan in the manufacturing, global engineering and energy markets. This year, Citrix is continuing the investment and commitment with Citrix XenServer and an upcoming technology preview supporting 64-bit architecture, delivering enhanced user density for vGPU-enabled workloads.
- Helping Enterprises Leverage the Power of the Cloud – Announced in January 2014, the Citrix Ready Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Cloud for XenDesktop program gives customers the confidence that XenDesktop will run on a particular cloud operator’s infrastructure. The first of a growing set of cloud providers are validating that their IaaS clouds support XenDesktop and XenApp. Ennit server GmbH, MCPc and SSI have passed a rigid set of functional requirements verifying that their production cloud infrastructures, based on Citrix CloudPlatform™ powered by Apache CloudStack™, and will support hybrid cloud provisioning directly from XenDesktop 7.5 and XenApp 7.5. In addition, CloudOps, Datapipe, EVRY, Host.net, iNNOVO Cloud GmbH, Ikoula, Janz IT, MK Netzdienste, NTT Communications, Corp., PKN Datenkommunikations GmbH, SCSK, Verio and Zajil Telecom are also working with Citrix to verify the readiness of their cloud infrastructure.
- Reducing Storage Costs for VDI – Announced in January 2014, the Citrix Ready VDI Capacity Program Verified for XenDesktop continues to expand with new partners. Twelve storage partners have been verified to provide customers with a cost-effective design and pricing, as low as $15 per user1, to dramatically simplify storage costs and sizing for VDI.
- Broad Ecosystem of Verified 3D Apps – Since 2009, Citrix has worked with the leading graphics ISVs to deliver centralized 3D graphics applications using XenApp and XenDesktop with HDX 3D Pro. Citrix is the market-leader in this space with an extensive ecosystem of 3D app vendors who have verified their software with Citrix, including Autodesk AutoCAD and Revit, Siemens NX and TeamCenter, PTC Creo, Intergraph SmartPlant 3D, MicroStation PowerDraft and V8i, Adobe Creative Cloud and more.
Rakesh Narasimhan, Group VP and GM, Desktops and Apps Group at Citrix
“Enterprises are facing ever more rapid changes as a result of mobility and cloud. Citrix is responding by accelerating the pace of technology innovation in XenApp and XenDesktop, and expanding our partner ecosystem. We are focused on helping organizations leverage cloud delivery to enable personalized mobile workspaces for every user in the enterprise.”
Dennis Rachiele, Senior Network Administrator, Taco, Inc.
“Over the past year and a half, Taco has been renovating our 100-year-old factory with a state-of-the-art training facility and new office renovations. With the implementation of XenDesktop, Taco found it remarkably easy to relocate 100+ users multiple times during the various construction phases. Our users were able to just pick up and walk to their temporary location and simply log back in right where they left off. Because of the flexibility of our Citrix infrastructure, we are able to more rapidly respond to all the changing business needs we face on an ongoing basis.”
Michael Hogan, President and CEO, Hogan Consulting Group
“By ensuring the highest level of security without sacrificing user experience, XenApp and XenDesktop continue to be the best platform for delivering applications and desktops to end users anywhere, on any device. We are excited about the latest innovations as they address customer requirements.”
The migration tools will be available now as a private technology preview to existing customers current on Subscription Advantage.
- Announcement: Advances Innovation in Business Mobility
- Announcement: Citrix Introduces Industry’s Most Comprehensive Mobile Workspace Solution
- Video: Taco, Inc. Innovation Award video 2014
- Video: XenApp 6.5 Migration Demo
- XenApp and XenDesktop product page
- More information on Citrix Synergy
- Citrix Synergy 2014 Newsroom
- Twitter: @Citrix, @xenapp, @xendesktop, #citrixsynergy
- Facebook: Citrix
Citrix (NASDAQ:CTXS) is a leader in mobile workspaces, providing virtualization, mobility management, networking and cloud services to enable new ways to work better. Citrix solutions power business mobility through secure, personal workspaces that provide people with instant access to apps, desktops, data and communications on any device, over any network and cloud. This year Citrix is celebrating 25 years of innovation, making IT simpler and people more productive. With annual revenue in 2013 of $2.9 billion, Citrix solutions are in use at more than 330,000 organizations and by over 100 million users globally. Learn more at www.citrix.com.
For Citrix Investors
This release contains forward-looking statements which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The forward-looking statements in this release do not constitute guarantees of future performance. Those statements involve a number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, including risks associated with the impact of the global economy and uncertainty in the IT spending environment, including in revenue growth and recognition of revenue, products and services, their development and distribution, product demand and pipeline, economic and competitive factors, including risks associated with international growth and IT consolidation, as well as other risks detailed in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Citrix assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking information contained in this press release or with respect to the announcements described herein.
The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion and is subject to change without notice or consultation. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract.
Citrix, Citrix Synergy, XenDesktop, XenApp, Citrix Receiver, HDX, AppDNA, Citrix Ready and CloudPlatform are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
1 Citrix white paper: Citrix VDI Capacity Program for Storage Vendors
Internet of Things (IoT) will be a hybrid ecosystem of diverse devices and sensors collaborating with operational and enterprise systems to create the next big application. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Bramh Gupta, founder and CEO of robomq.io, and Fred Yatzeck, principal architect leading product development at robomq.io, discussed how choosing the right middleware and integration strategy from the get-go will enable IoT solution developers to adapt and grow with the industry, while at the same time reduce Time to Market (TTM) by using plug and play capabilities offered by a robust IoT ...
Jun. 29, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,634
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed this very serious issue of profound change in the industry.
Jun. 29, 2015 12:19 PM EDT Reads: 547
SYS-CON Events announced today that BMC will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. BMC delivers software solutions that help IT transform digital enterprises for the ultimate competitive business advantage. BMC has worked with thousands of leading companies to create and deliver powerful IT management services. From mainframe to cloud to mobile, BMC pairs high-speed digital innovation with robust IT industrialization – allowing customers to provide amazing user experiences with optimized IT per...
Jun. 29, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,500
There will be 150 billion connected devices by 2020. New digital businesses have already disrupted value chains across every industry. APIs are at the center of the digital business. You need to understand what assets you have that can be exposed digitally, what their digital value chain is, and how to create an effective business model around that value chain to compete in this economy. No enterprise can be complacent and not engage in the digital economy. Learn how to be the disruptor and not the disruptee.
Jun. 29, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,077
Internet of Things is moving from being a hype to a reality. Experts estimate that internet connected cars will grow to 152 million, while over 100 million internet connected wireless light bulbs and lamps will be operational by 2020. These and many other intriguing statistics highlight the importance of Internet powered devices and how market penetration is going to multiply many times over in the next few years.
Jun. 29, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,822
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world and it starts with business models and monetization strategies.
Jun. 29, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,975
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will addresses this very serious issue of profound change in the industry.
Jun. 29, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,352
Business as usual for IT is evolving into a "Make or Buy" decision on a service-by-service conversation with input from the LOBs. How does your organization move forward with cloud? In his general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Paul Maravei, Regional Sales Manager, Hybrid Cloud and Managed Services at Cisco, discusses how Cisco and its partners offer a market-leading portfolio and ecosystem of cloud infrastructure and application services that allow you to uniquely and securely combine cloud business applications and services across multiple cloud delivery models.
Jun. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,138
In his General Session at 16th Cloud Expo, David Shacochis, host of The Hybrid IT Files podcast and Vice President at CenturyLink, investigated three key trends of the “gigabit economy" though the story of a Fortune 500 communications company in transformation. Narrating how multi-modal hybrid IT, service automation, and agile delivery all intersect, he will cover the role of storytelling and empathy in achieving strategic alignment between the enterprise and its information technology.
Jun. 27, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,160
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists peeled away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud environment, and we must architect and code accordingly. At the very least, you'll have no problem fillin...
Jun. 26, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,150
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, d...
Jun. 26, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,010
Converging digital disruptions is creating a major sea change - Cisco calls this the Internet of Everything (IoE). IoE is the network connection of People, Process, Data and Things, fueled by Cloud, Mobile, Social, Analytics and Security, and it represents a $19Trillion value-at-stake over the next 10 years. In her keynote at @ThingsExpo, Manjula Talreja, VP of Cisco Consulting Services, discussed IoE and the enormous opportunities it provides to public and private firms alike. She will share what businesses must do to thrive in the IoE economy, citing examples from several industry sectors.
Jun. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,951
In his keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Rodney Rogers, CEO of Virtustream, discussed the evolution of the company from inception to its recent acquisition by EMC – including personal insights, lessons learned (and some WTF moments) along the way. Learn how Virtustream’s unique approach of combining the economics and elasticity of the consumer cloud model with proper performance, application automation and security into a platform became a breakout success with enterprise customers and a natural fit for the EMC Federation.
Jun. 25, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,105
SYS-CON Events announced today that the "Second Containers & Microservices Conference" will take place November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara, CA, and the “Third Containers & Microservices Conference” will take place June 7-9, 2016, at Javits Center in New York City. Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities.
Jun. 22, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,627
SYS-CON Events announced today that the "First Containers & Microservices Conference" will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City. The “Second Containers & Microservices Conference” will take place November 3-5, 2015, at Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara, CA. Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities.
Jun. 20, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,810
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal an...
Jun. 15, 2015 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,038
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises are using some form of XaaS – software, platform, and infrastructure as a service.
Jun. 15, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,824
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal today!
Jun. 15, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 5,882
In his keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Rodney Rogers, CEO of Virtustream, discusses the evolution of the company from inception to its recent acquisition by EMC – including personal insights, lessons learned (and some WTF moments) along the way. Learn how Virtustream’s unique approach of combining the economics and elasticity of the consumer cloud model with proper performance, application automation and security into a platform became a breakout success with enterprise customers and a natural fit for the EMC Federation.
Jun. 11, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,272
The 4th International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 17th International Cloud Expo - to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - announces that its Call for Papers is open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Jun. 10, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,271