|By Business Wire||
|May 6, 2014 12:16 PM EDT||
Today at Citrix Synergy™, Citrix is providing an early view of upcoming releases of Citrix XenApp® and Citrix XenDesktop®, the company’s industry-leading solutions for delivering Windows in the mobile-cloud era. New versions of XenApp and XenDesktop were released in March 2014, and Citrix is continuing a brisk pace of innovation in its flagship products to drive even higher levels of security and user experience for mobility and cloud on the unified platform for virtual Windows apps and desktops. At the conference, Citrix will provide an early view of refinements that enhance security capabilities, provide high-performance HTML5 browser-based access from any device, enable fast log-ons, simplify roaming apps across multiple devices and support for the latest USB 3.0 peripherals, as well as many more real-world, customer-driven features. In addition, Citrix is releasing a private technology preview of tools that will facilitate migration to the latest releases for existing customers. XenApp and XenDesktop are cornerstones of the new Citrix Workspace Suite, which unites its market-leading virtualization, mobility, networking and cloud services technologies to make it even easier for people to work anywhere.
To help organizations manage the market forces of consumerization, mobility and cloud, Citrix provides a complete mobile workspace solution that securely delivers apps, desktops, files and services to any user, on any device, over any network – all with an intuitive user experience. No other vendor can provide app and desktop delivery, secure mobile app and device management, and cloud networking for a comprehensive, customizable mobile workspace.
Delivering Real Customer Value
Citrix is refining its new generation of Windows delivery products with unique features that healthcare, finance, government and education customers have relied on for the last 25 years – features that will be available for the first time with both app delivery and VDI. These tightly-integrated products offer an unmatched mix of security with granular policy controls down to the application; advancements in user experience; management with end-user focused monitoring and reporting; and cloud-style openness and flexibility with multi-cloud support and native cloud provisioning built in. The upcoming releases will continue to deliver proven customer value, which has resulted from thousands of successful real-world customer deployments. Along with the private technology preview of migration tools, Citrix is providing an early look at additional technology in the Citrix booth.
- Simplifying Anywhere Access with Citrix Receiver for HTML5 – Citrix leads the industry in delivering a high-definition user experience over any network via a zero-install client that enables any HTML5 browser to easily access a mobile workspace on demand. At Synergy, Citrix is providing an early look at high-performance browser-based access via Citrix Receiver™ for HTML5. Upcoming enhancements to Citrix Receiver for HTML5 will include capabilities for advanced printing and USB device support such as smart card readers and bi-directional audio/video, and 3D graphics acceleration through work with NVIDIA. To help support the adoption of Chromebooks, Citrix and Google also are working together to help speed this transition, and for a limited time, Citrix is providing a 25 percent promotional discount on XenApp Platinum edition for enterprises purchasing Google Chromebooks.
- Simplify and Speed Up Migration – Enterprises today have thousands of apps, including mission-critical apps, running on XenApp. Migrations to new platforms take careful planning and execution, and the Citrix FlexCast Management Architecture is the optimal platform, enabling current XenApp customers to reduce the time and overhead of application virtualization and platform migrations by as much as 90 percent. At Synergy, Citrix is releasing a private technology preview of migration tools. This allows Citrix to gather real-world feedback on how customers are able to capture and migrate policies, images and configurations and move them smoothly to the new architecture. These tools will allow customers to preserve key features that competing solutions don’t have, such as new mobility, automation and cloud capabilities and Citrix HDX™ technologies. The tools will dramatically simplify the migration and upgrade process, while minimizing downtime and streamlining administrative efforts. In addition to migration tools, Citrix AppDNA™ application migration software gives customers powerful tools to qualify and remediate apps for use with new operating systems, another key step in migrating to new platforms.
- Powerful User Experience over Mobile Networks – Citrix will also provide an early look at the powerful combination of HDX technology and Framehawk. The advanced data and video remoting capabilities dramatically improve the user experience by intelligently rendering large amounts of data in the datacenter and displaying the contents on mobile devices without compromising real-time performance. Framehawk technology will be integrated into HDX technology to provide users with a powerful, high-definition user experience over any type of network including unreliable mobile and Wi-Fi networks.
Strong Partner Ecosystem Engagement
Throughout its 25-year history, Citrix has made partnership part of its DNA. Building a strong partner ecosystem through major partners, such as HP and NVIDIA, as well as driving additional customer value through its Citrix Ready® programs, has continued to be a key strategy in helping customers deliver integrated IT solutions. Citrix partners are building products that support and integrate with the FlexCast Management Architecture, further extending the value of this platform for customers.
- HP DL380z Virtual Workstation with NVIDIA and Citrix – Today, HP launched its new DL380z virtual workstation that leverages NVIDIA GRID technology to provide a secure, high-performance solution for delivering 3D apps with XenDesktop and HDX 3D Pro. Customers benefit from the tight collaboration between Citrix, HP and NVIDIA with high-performance delivery of graphics-intensive 3D apps.
- Optimizing 3D App Experience with NVIDIA – Citrix led the industry as the first to enable graphics acceleration for XenApp with NVIDIA GPUs, and on the Synergy keynote stage last year, it was joined by NVIDIA to introduce the first native GRID vGPU technology for sharing GPU power across multiple VDI users with XenDesktop. Over the last year, NVIDIA and Citrix have seen increasing customer adoption across North America, Europe and Japan in the manufacturing, global engineering and energy markets. This year, Citrix is continuing the investment and commitment with Citrix XenServer and an upcoming technology preview supporting 64-bit architecture, delivering enhanced user density for vGPU-enabled workloads.
- Helping Enterprises Leverage the Power of the Cloud – Announced in January 2014, the Citrix Ready Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Cloud for XenDesktop program gives customers the confidence that XenDesktop will run on a particular cloud operator’s infrastructure. The first of a growing set of cloud providers are validating that their IaaS clouds support XenDesktop and XenApp. Ennit server GmbH, MCPc and SSI have passed a rigid set of functional requirements verifying that their production cloud infrastructures, based on Citrix CloudPlatform™ powered by Apache CloudStack™, and will support hybrid cloud provisioning directly from XenDesktop 7.5 and XenApp 7.5. In addition, CloudOps, Datapipe, EVRY, Host.net, iNNOVO Cloud GmbH, Ikoula, Janz IT, MK Netzdienste, NTT Communications, Corp., PKN Datenkommunikations GmbH, SCSK, Verio and Zajil Telecom are also working with Citrix to verify the readiness of their cloud infrastructure.
- Reducing Storage Costs for VDI – Announced in January 2014, the Citrix Ready VDI Capacity Program Verified for XenDesktop continues to expand with new partners. Twelve storage partners have been verified to provide customers with a cost-effective design and pricing, as low as $15 per user1, to dramatically simplify storage costs and sizing for VDI.
- Broad Ecosystem of Verified 3D Apps – Since 2009, Citrix has worked with the leading graphics ISVs to deliver centralized 3D graphics applications using XenApp and XenDesktop with HDX 3D Pro. Citrix is the market-leader in this space with an extensive ecosystem of 3D app vendors who have verified their software with Citrix, including Autodesk AutoCAD and Revit, Siemens NX and TeamCenter, PTC Creo, Intergraph SmartPlant 3D, MicroStation PowerDraft and V8i, Adobe Creative Cloud and more.
Rakesh Narasimhan, Group VP and GM, Desktops and Apps Group at Citrix
“Enterprises are facing ever more rapid changes as a result of mobility and cloud. Citrix is responding by accelerating the pace of technology innovation in XenApp and XenDesktop, and expanding our partner ecosystem. We are focused on helping organizations leverage cloud delivery to enable personalized mobile workspaces for every user in the enterprise.”
Dennis Rachiele, Senior Network Administrator, Taco, Inc.
“Over the past year and a half, Taco has been renovating our 100-year-old factory with a state-of-the-art training facility and new office renovations. With the implementation of XenDesktop, Taco found it remarkably easy to relocate 100+ users multiple times during the various construction phases. Our users were able to just pick up and walk to their temporary location and simply log back in right where they left off. Because of the flexibility of our Citrix infrastructure, we are able to more rapidly respond to all the changing business needs we face on an ongoing basis.”
Michael Hogan, President and CEO, Hogan Consulting Group
“By ensuring the highest level of security without sacrificing user experience, XenApp and XenDesktop continue to be the best platform for delivering applications and desktops to end users anywhere, on any device. We are excited about the latest innovations as they address customer requirements.”
The migration tools will be available now as a private technology preview to existing customers current on Subscription Advantage.
- Announcement: Advances Innovation in Business Mobility
- Announcement: Citrix Introduces Industry’s Most Comprehensive Mobile Workspace Solution
- Video: Taco, Inc. Innovation Award video 2014
- Video: XenApp 6.5 Migration Demo
- XenApp and XenDesktop product page
- More information on Citrix Synergy
- Citrix Synergy 2014 Newsroom
- Twitter: @Citrix, @xenapp, @xendesktop, #citrixsynergy
- Facebook: Citrix
Citrix (NASDAQ:CTXS) is a leader in mobile workspaces, providing virtualization, mobility management, networking and cloud services to enable new ways to work better. Citrix solutions power business mobility through secure, personal workspaces that provide people with instant access to apps, desktops, data and communications on any device, over any network and cloud. This year Citrix is celebrating 25 years of innovation, making IT simpler and people more productive. With annual revenue in 2013 of $2.9 billion, Citrix solutions are in use at more than 330,000 organizations and by over 100 million users globally. Learn more at www.citrix.com.
For Citrix Investors
This release contains forward-looking statements which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The forward-looking statements in this release do not constitute guarantees of future performance. Those statements involve a number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, including risks associated with the impact of the global economy and uncertainty in the IT spending environment, including in revenue growth and recognition of revenue, products and services, their development and distribution, product demand and pipeline, economic and competitive factors, including risks associated with international growth and IT consolidation, as well as other risks detailed in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Citrix assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking information contained in this press release or with respect to the announcements described herein.
The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion and is subject to change without notice or consultation. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract.
Citrix, Citrix Synergy, XenDesktop, XenApp, Citrix Receiver, HDX, AppDNA, Citrix Ready and CloudPlatform are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
1 Citrix white paper: Citrix VDI Capacity Program for Storage Vendors
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Oct. 9, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 105
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi's VP Business Development and Engineering, will explore the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving this change including privacy controls, data transparency and integration of real time context w...
Oct. 9, 2015 09:45 AM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, will keynote at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 9, 2015 09:35 AM EDT
Developing software for the Internet of Things (IoT) comes with its own set of challenges. Security, privacy, and unified standards are a few key issues. In addition, each IoT product is comprised of at least three separate application components: the software embedded in the device, the backend big-data service, and the mobile application for the end user's controls. Each component is developed by a different team, using different technologies and practices, and deployed to a different stack/target - this makes the integration of these separate pipelines and the coordination of software upd...
Oct. 9, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 291
The IoT market is on track to hit $7.1 trillion in 2020. The reality is that only a handful of companies are ready for this massive demand. There are a lot of barriers, paint points, traps, and hidden roadblocks. How can we deal with these issues and challenges? The paradigm has changed. Old-style ad-hoc trial-and-error ways will certainly lead you to the dead end. What is mandatory is an overarching and adaptive approach to effectively handle the rapid changes and exponential growth.
Oct. 9, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 121
Mobile messaging has been a popular communication channel for more than 20 years. Finnish engineer Matti Makkonen invented the idea for SMS (Short Message Service) in 1984, making his vision a reality on December 3, 1992 by sending the first message ("Happy Christmas") from a PC to a cell phone. Since then, the technology has evolved immensely, from both a technology standpoint, and in our everyday uses for it. Originally used for person-to-person (P2P) communication, i.e., Sally sends a text message to Betty – mobile messaging now offers tremendous value to businesses for customer and empl...
Oct. 9, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 277
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new data-driven world, marketplaces reign supreme while interoperability, APIs and applications deliver un...
Oct. 9, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 286
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 9, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,881
WebRTC converts the entire network into a ubiquitous communications cloud thereby connecting anytime, anywhere through any point. In his session at WebRTC Summit,, Mark Castleman, EIR at Bell Labs and Head of Future X Labs, will discuss how the transformational nature of communications is achieved through the democratizing force of WebRTC. WebRTC is doing for voice what HTML did for web content.
Oct. 9, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,414
The IoT is upon us, but today’s databases, built on 30-year-old math, require multiple platforms to create a single solution. Data demands of the IoT require Big Data systems that can handle ingest, transactions and analytics concurrently adapting to varied situations as they occur, with speed at scale. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chad Jones, chief strategy officer at Deep Information Sciences, will look differently at IoT data so enterprises can fully leverage their IoT potential. He’ll share tips on how to speed up business initiatives, harness Big Data and remain one step ahead by apply...
Oct. 9, 2015 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 519
Nowadays, a large number of sensors and devices are connected to the network. Leading-edge IoT technologies integrate various types of sensor data to create a new value for several business decision scenarios. The transparent cloud is a model of a new IoT emergence service platform. Many service providers store and access various types of sensor data in order to create and find out new business values by integrating such data.
Oct. 9, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 570
The broad selection of hardware, the rapid evolution of operating systems and the time-to-market for mobile apps has been so rapid that new challenges for developers and engineers arise every day. Security, testing, hosting, and other metrics have to be considered through the process. In his session at Big Data Expo, Walter Maguire, Chief Field Technologist, HP Big Data Group, at Hewlett-Packard, will discuss the challenges faced by developers and a composite Big Data applications builder, focusing on how to help solve the problems that developers are continuously battling.
Oct. 9, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 502
There are so many tools and techniques for data analytics that even for a data scientist the choices, possible systems, and even the types of data can be daunting. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Harrold, Global CTO for Big Data Solutions for EMC Corporation, will show how to perform a simple, but meaningful analysis of social sentiment data using freely available tools that take only minutes to download and install. Participants will get the download information, scripts, and complete end-to-end walkthrough of the analysis from start to finish. Participants will also be given the pract...
Oct. 9, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 294
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, will introduce the technologies required for implementing these ideas and some early experiments performed in the Kurento open source software community in areas ...
Oct. 9, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 728
Internet of Things (IoT) will be a hybrid ecosystem of diverse devices and sensors collaborating with operational and enterprise systems to create the next big application. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Bramh Gupta, founder and CEO of robomq.io, and Fred Yatzeck, principal architect leading product development at robomq.io, discussed how choosing the right middleware and integration strategy from the get-go will enable IoT solution developers to adapt and grow with the industry, while at the same time reduce Time to Market (TTM) by using plug and play capabilities offered by a robust IoT ...
Oct. 9, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,222
Today’s connected world is moving from devices towards things, what this means is that by using increasingly low cost sensors embedded in devices we can create many new use cases. These span across use cases in cities, vehicles, home, offices, factories, retail environments, worksites, health, logistics, and health. These use cases rely on ubiquitous connectivity and generate massive amounts of data at scale. These technologies enable new business opportunities, ways to optimize and automate, along with new ways to engage with users.
Oct. 9, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 169
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data shows "less than 10 percent of IoT developers are making enough to support a reasonably sized team....
Oct. 9, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 210
“In the past year we've seen a lot of stabilization of WebRTC. You can now use it in production with a far greater degree of certainty. A lot of the real developments in the past year have been in things like the data channel, which will enable a whole new type of application," explained Peter Dunkley, Technical Director at Acision, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 9, 2015 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 7,028
Through WebRTC, audio and video communications are being embedded more easily than ever into applications, helping carriers, enterprises and independent software vendors deliver greater functionality to their end users. With today’s business world increasingly focused on outcomes, users’ growing calls for ease of use, and businesses craving smarter, tighter integration, what’s the next step in delivering a richer, more immersive experience? That richer, more fully integrated experience comes about through a Communications Platform as a Service which allows for messaging, screen sharing, video...
Oct. 9, 2015 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,135
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dyn, the worldwide leader in Internet Performance, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Dyn is a cloud-based Internet Performance company. Dyn helps companies monitor, control, and optimize online infrastructure for an exceptional end-user experience. Through a world-class network and unrivaled, objective intelligence into Internet conditions, Dyn ensures traffic gets delivered faster, safer, and more reliably than ever.
Oct. 8, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 598