|By Business Wire||
|March 25, 2014 12:03 AM EDT||
Adobe Summit, the Digital Marketing Conference — Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced a major new release of Adobe® Experience Manager, the market leader in Web experience management, including innovations for simplification of website re-platforming, dynamic asset delivery and mobile app development.
According to a survey conducted by Adobe, Digital Roadblock: Marketers Struggle to Reinvent Themselves1, marketers agree they need to reinvent themselves to succeed, and nearly three-quarters stated the top driving force behind this need for change is the expanded number of channels and platforms to reach audiences. Adobe has responded to the need for a more expedient development process for both web and mobile app marketing, delivering new capabilities through its Adobe Experience Manager solution for:
- Sites — Touch-enabled interface simplifies the launch of web and mobile sites, and a newly imagined template approach can help reduce project time by up to 50 percent. New dashboards give marketers greater insight into the most effective content on online properties, while support for automated translation helps reach global audiences faster. Through integrations with leading commerce engines, Experience Manager provides organizations the flexibility to build rich experiences that lead to purchase on their commerce platform of choice.
- Assets — Dynamic, interactive media experiences, including video, can now be authored and delivered across devices. Advanced video features now include the ability to add annotations and measure engagement. New workflows help streamline tasks such as photo shoots for campaign launches. Experience Manager Assets provides deeper integration with Adobe Creative Cloud, enabling Adobe’s leading digital media tools to store, sync and share assets with Adobe Marketing Cloud. Marketers can then use assets across Adobe’s digital marketing solutions, including Adobe Target, Adobe Campaign and Adobe Social, supporting the delivery of a consistent brand experience across all channels.
- Apps — Combined with the new PhoneGap Enterprise (see separate release), Experience Manager provides the only mobile app development platform for both developers and marketers. Developers can quickly build cross-platform apps, such as for retail and financial services. Marketers can then use Experience Manager’s drag-and-drop interface to edit and add to apps, as well as push content updates from the web to apps. Marketers can also analyze app performance in real time through new, built-in integration with Adobe Analytics.
- Communities — As brands shift focus to building communities — and loyalty — on their own online properties, Experience Manager delivers a full set of capabilities designed to support them at scale. Organizations are now empowered to easily moderate communities and help boost engagement with sentiment analysis. New machine translation provides community members the ability to select their language of choice, and helps marketers overcome communication barriers and grow brand advocates worldwide.
- Forms — Large volumes of forms can be created, managed and made available as part of websites, mobile sites and mobile apps, with capabilities to adapt to device types and user responses. Forms can be integrated with business processes, helping government agencies, financial services organizations and others increase efficiency and improve response times.
The capabilities of Adobe Experience Manager are built on a unified platform, offering organizations the flexibility to deploy and manage digital experiences themselves or in the cloud via Adobe’s managed services.
Aseem Chandra, vice president, Adobe Experience Manager and Adobe Target, Adobe
- “Digital experiences have extended well beyond the PC to tablets, mobile devices, social channels, digital glass, and even wearables. Whether searching a mobile site, diving into a favorite tablet app, or participating in an online community, consumers expect brands to provide a consistent, personal experience every time. Adobe Experience Manager, as part of the industry’s most complete set of marketing solutions, is uniquely positioned to continue defining the future and helping marketers succeed every step of the way.”
Ryan Bonifacino, vice president, Digital Strategy, Alex and Ani
- “Alex and Ani is the world’s fastest growing multichannel retailer with an intensely loyal following of customers, so the digital marketing solutions we adopt have to be versatile and best in class. Adobe Experience Manager offers strong integration with Adobe Marketing Cloud and Creative Cloud, which empowers teams to develop and deliver insight-driven digital experiences across devices with the same personalized mindset as our products themselves. This enables companies like ours to align traditional and digital marketing strategies across sales channels to support accelerated business growth.”
Sandra Van Wormer, digital marketing director, DuPont
- “At DuPont, we are the world's leading science company focused on solving the greatest challenges in food, energy and protection. To do this successfully we must reach our customers around the world in a way that resonates with them and addresses the challenges they face. Adobe Experience Manager helps us to fulfill our strategies by enabling digital experiences that are optimized, and that can be efficiently leveraged across languages and geographies.”
Chris Hansen, associate director of Digital Design and Development for Internet Sales, Verizon Wireless
- “A top priority for us is offering customers the best user experience on any device. With advances in Adobe Experience Manager, new products can be delivered across more devices faster. We’re impressed by the new digital asset management capabilities, which offer greater flexibility and control, enable companies to manage and deliver assets more efficiently, as well as keep coordinated on the experiences being driven by multiple teams.”
Barbara Venneman, principal and Deloitte Digital national digital marketing leader, Deloitte Consulting LLP
- “Converging forces in the industry continue to pressure organizations to establish an integrated marketing capability to engage with an increasingly savvy, informed, and multi-faceted customer. The product advances announced today by Adobe represent a significant step forward in helping marketers to more effectively and easily deliver personalized and consistent experiences across the customer’s channel of choice and in the customer’s preferred language.”
Bob Van Beber, senior vice president and Managing Director, SapientNitro
- "Today's always-on and digitally-savvy consumer demands a connected and personalized user experience that cuts across channels and devices. We rely on Experience Manager to give our global marketers a robust framework and tool to bring their brand experiences to life across platforms in a very effective, efficient manner. We look forward to these enhancements to support our new capabilities and provide increased value to our customers."
- Introducing Adobe Experience Manager Webinar
- Adobe Experience Manager Community
- Developer Forum
- Blog post: Introducing Adobe Experience Manager Apps for Marketers & Developers
The new Adobe Experience Manager is expected to be available on a worldwide basis by the end of May 2014.
About Adobe Marketing Cloud
Now there’s a place that puts everything digital marketers need in one spot. It’s called the Adobe Marketing Cloud. It includes a complete set of analytics, social, advertising, targeting, Web and app experience management and cross-channel campaign management solutions as well as core services and mobile capabilities that bring together everything marketers need to know about their campaigns. So marketers can get from data to insights to action, faster and smarter than ever.
About Adobe Systems Incorporated
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit www.adobe.com.
© 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved. Adobe and the Adobe logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
1 “Digital Roadblock: Marketers Struggle to Reinvent Themselves” Adobe, March 2014
We’ve worked with dozens of early adopters across numerous industries and will debunk common misperceptions, which starts with understanding that many of the connected products we’ll use over the next 5 years are already products, they’re just not yet connected. With an IoT product, time-in-market provides much more essential feedback than ever before. Innovation comes from what you do with the data that the connected product provides in order to enhance the customer experience and optimize busi...
May. 4, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,302
A critical component of any IoT project is the back-end systems that capture data from remote IoT devices and structure it in a way to answer useful questions. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle large data sets, but they are not well suited to many IoT-scale products and the need for real-time insights. At Fuze, we have developed a backend platform as part of our mobility-oriented cloud service that uses Big Data-based approache...
May. 4, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 606
The increasing popularity of the Internet of Things necessitates that our physical and cognitive relationship with wearable technology will change rapidly in the near future. This advent means logging has become a thing of the past. Before, it was on us to track our own data, but now that data is automatically available. What does this mean for mHealth and the "connected" body? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Lisa Calkins, CEO and co-founder of Amadeus Consulting, will discuss the impact of wea...
May. 4, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,161
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
May. 4, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,327
SYS-CON Events announced today that Peak 10, Inc., a national IT infrastructure and cloud services provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Peak 10 provides reliable, tailored data center and network services, cloud and managed services. Its solutions are designed to scale and adapt to customers’ changing business needs, enabling them to lower costs, improve performance and focus inter...
May. 4, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,423
The demand for organizations to expand their infrastructure to multiple IT environments like the cloud, on-premise, mobile, bring your own device (BYOD) and the Internet of Things (IoT) continues to grow. As this hybrid infrastructure increases, the challenge to monitor the security of these systems increases in volume and complexity. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty, Chief Security Evangelist at Alert Logic, will show how properly configured and managed security architecture can...
May. 4, 2016 12:47 PM EDT Reads: 321
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 4, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 904
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
May. 4, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 596
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Klein, CEO and Co-founder of Rachio, will discuss next generation communities that are using IoT to create more sustainable, intelligent communities. One example is Sterling Ranch, a 10,000 home development that – with the help of Siemens – will integrate IoT technology into the community to provide residents with energy and water savings as well as intelligent security. Everything from stop lights to sprinkler systems to building infrastructures will run ef...
May. 4, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,256
trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vice president of product management, IoT solutions at GlobalSign, will teach IoT developers how t...
May. 4, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 530
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
May. 4, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,337
There is an ever-growing explosion of new devices that are connected to the Internet using “cloud” solutions. This rapid growth is creating a massive new demand for efficient access to data. And it’s not just about connecting to that data anymore. This new demand is bringing new issues and challenges and it is important for companies to scale for the coming growth. And with that scaling comes the need for greater security, gathering and data analysis, storage, connectivity and, of course, the...
May. 4, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,237
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
May. 4, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,383
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
May. 4, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,517
Digital payments using wearable devices such as smart watches, fitness trackers, and payment wristbands are an increasing area of focus for industry participants, and consumer acceptance from early trials and deployments has encouraged some of the biggest names in technology and banking to continue their push to drive growth in this nascent market. Wearable payment systems may utilize near field communication (NFC), radio frequency identification (RFID), or quick response (QR) codes and barcodes...
May. 4, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,007
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, will explain how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
May. 4, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,268
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
May. 4, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,191
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, will discuss how leveraging the Industrial Interne...
May. 4, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,361
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
May. 3, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,232
You deployed your app with the Bluemix PaaS and it's gaining some serious traction, so it's time to make some tweaks. Did you design your application in a way that it can scale in the cloud? Were you even thinking about the cloud when you built the app? If not, chances are your app is going to break. Check out this webcast to learn various techniques for designing applications that will scale successfully in Bluemix, for the confidence you need to take your apps to the next level and beyond.
May. 3, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,617