|By PR Newswire||
|January 21, 2014 09:20 AM EST||
LONDON, Jan. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Analysis of the Global Web Conferencing Market
Growing Competition and Price Pressures Push Vendors to Seek New Ways to Differentiate
The global web conferencing market is experiencing significant shifts with emergence of new services, mobility, and social collaboration disrupting the status quo to create new opportunities. Demand for web conferencing has increased significantly as companies implement efficient collaboration across dispersed teams. Improved user experiences and expanded use cases are further driving adoption. Mobility enhancements and growing integration with workflows and business applications will create new growth opportunities. This analysis provides web conferencing providers and their partners with a detailed analysis of the current and changing dynamics in the fast-evolving marketplace.
• The global web conferencing market is experiencing significant shifts with emergence of new services, mobility, and social collaboration disrupting the status quo to create new opportunities.
• User demand for collaborative technologies continues to grow rapidly triggered by three drivers that are profoundly altering the business landscape:
oThe ongoing workplace transformation, consumerization, and need for flexible work styles
oThe rapid pace of technology change and speed of innovation among businesses
oThe imperative to improve productivity
• Bring-You-Own-App (BYOA) is leading to a proliferation of non-IT sanctioned applications forcing IT to evaluate user-led solutions in its decision-making process.
• A proliferation of free or low-priced basic screen sharing tools is bringing in early-stage commoditization. Competition from cloud video conferencing is putting further pressure on prices.
• Vendors are looking to differentiate by moving from a "one size fits all" approach to solutions that drive specific use cases and business processes.
• Market shares have shifted with market leader Cisco continuing to lose share at a slow pace while Adobe, Citrix, FuzeBox, LogMeIn (join.me) and others have staked bigger claims in the market.
• There has been a significant slowdown in the on-premises market, despite strong Lync traction. With the exception of Microsoft, most on-premises vendors have reported slow growth or a decline.
• North America and Latin America (NALA) remains the largest market in revenue terms, while Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA ) bounced back after a slowdown. Asia-Pacific saw suppressed growth due to greater price-based competition as well as currency fluctuations.
• The global web conferencing market, which includes hosted and on-premises solutions, grew at a healthyX percent in 2012 to reach $X billion in revenue.
• Web conferencing software and services are forecast to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of X percent from 2012 to 2017 to reach $X billion by 2017.
• Web conferencing solutions continue to evolve from online meetings to social and collaborative platforms. Growth is being driven by the ongoing transition from audio-only communications to richer web and video collaboration.
• Demand is growing rapidly with several vendors reporting greater than X to X percent growth in usage, primarily driven by a larger base of users and wider deployments. There is clearly an accelerated pace of adoption as the value of web collaboration is well understood for productivity enhancements and cost savings.
• Bookings are growing significantly faster than revenue. While user demand is growing, revenue growth is under pressure due to greater market maturity and the impact of declining revenue per license.
• Competition is emerging from new quarters. There is a growing impact of alternatives including freemium services and basic screen sharing tools. As price-based competition emerges, differentiation is getting more challenging.
• The line between web and video conferencing is blurring with the emergence of cloud video conferencing services that are beefing up content sharing features.
• Key trends gaining ground include convergence of synchronous and asynchronous communications due to greater user demand for better knowledge/content management (file sharing, capture, flexible storage, on-demand streaming).
• Mobile usage is exploding. Users are demanding enhanced meeting features and control from mobile devices. It is estimated that the number of mobile downloads for web conferencing has reached more than X million in 2013.
• Vendors are increasingly leading with mobile first to enable the transition from content consumption to productivity over tablets and smartphones. Companies that lead in the delivery of mobile collaboration and content will become the market disruptors.
• VoIP audio has become the defacto mode for several users and is growing very fast. VoIP now constitutes X to X percent of all integrated web-audio contracts for several large vendors.
• Hosted services remain the dominant model contributing X percent of total web conferencing revenue in 2012, up from Xpercent the prior year. Growth in hosted services surpassed on-premises growth as more users lean in favor of cloud for collaboration needs.
• Within the hosted services market, growth in EMEA at X percent in 2012 far exceeded the growth in other regions. EMEA saw an uptick in demand, after undergoing suppressed conditions in prior years.
• In 2012, Asia-Pacific growth for hosted services at Xpercent reflected a slowdown relative to years before. This was due to greater price-based competition as well as adverse impact of currency fluctuations. The outlook for Asia-Pacific remains strong as both the global and regional vendors look at further expansion.
• Web conferencing is swiftly moving away from vanilla online meetings to workflows in the context of business needs. Evolving set of capabilities, that are deeply embedded across key business functions, are enabling information workers and managers to make faster and better business decisions.
• Among the key applications for web conferencing; sales, marketing, and training remain widely used. Use for general-purpose meetings (strategy development, administration, project management) has gone up due to the spread of web conferencing among a larger user base within organizations.
• Growth in the future will come from expansion into under-penetrated segments of the market including the rapidly growing mid-market as well as verticals such as healthcare, education, manufacturing, and retail.
• The low end of the market is increasingly getting saturated with offerings (such as AnyMeeting, join.me, Zoom) which have garnered a big user base. Several tier 1 vendors are now offering freemium services to better penetrate SMBs.
• Among the key trends, WebRTC is gaining traction at a fast pace with the potential to bring in new opportunities in the already fast changing video and web conferencing markets. WebRTC will see greatest adoption for customer service applications, where the lower barriers to adoption will promote usage.
• Limited browser and mobility support as well as ongoing turf wars on standardization for WebRTC will ensure that the sophisticated multi-party web and video clients currently in place will likely remain in demand.
• Virtualization of communication applications is the next big wave leading to efficiencies and greater flexibility. Major UC vendors are well on the path to virtualize their collaboration stack.
1. Web conferencing is moving away from vanilla online meetings to integrations with business applications built into user defined workflows.
2. The growing impact of alternatives, including freemium and basic screen sharing services, is leading to price-based competition making differentiation more challenging.
3. Due to a growing focus on mobile first, solutions must enable the transition from content consumption to productivity over mobile devices.
4. There is a greater user demand for convergence of real time and asynchronous collaboration for better knowledge/content management.
5. Decision making is shifting to IT as bigger deployments gain ground. At the same time BYOA is making users and line-of-business heads key influencers.
Market Overview—Key Definitions
Hosted Web Conferencing:
• Based on the SaaS delivery model, web conferencing software is hosted by vendors in their data centers and provided to customers on a multi-tenant basis via the Internet.
• Offered either as a subscription (flat fee per seat) or on a usage basis (cost per user per minute).
On-premises Web Conferencing:
• Available as a licensed software for installation on servers, the web conferencing application is deployed behind the enterprise firewall and managed by the customer.
• Typically offered as a converged conferencing or a Unified Communications (UC) solution.
Managed Web Conferencing:
• Fully managed on-site or remotely by a service provider, managed web conferencing services are dedicated to a single customer. They are aimed at users that want more control over meeting content and security.
• Managed web conferencing services are a nascent market today and are expected to grow significantly.
Research Methodology and Scope
Primary research with web conferencing providers; Frost & Sullivan published reports, decision support databases, company Websites, and other secondary resources.
This research covers the market for hosted web conferencing services and on-premises web conferencing solutions. Web conferencing allows people to hold real-time, synchronous meetings and conferences over the web. The most basic feature of a web conference is screen sharing, whereby conference participants see content on the presenter's screen. Additionally, audio communications in a web conference can either be done through traditional public switched telephone networks (PSTN) networks or through voice over Internet protocol (VoIP). Typical features of a web conference include:
• Slide presentation, desktop sharing, and application sharing
• Web co-browsing and file transfer
• Integrated PSTN and/or VoIP audio for web-based conference control
• Public and private chat (text messaging)
• White boarding and annotation
• Polls and surveys
• Recording, archiving, and broadcasting
• Desktop video
This research does NOT include:
• Revenue from annual software assurance or maintenance programs and ongoing support services—such revenue is associated with the total installed base of licenses and not tied to new license sales.
• Revenue from stand-alone audio conferencing services is not included. However, in meetings where the vendor seamlessly integrates audio with web conferencing, revenue from "integrated" audio-web conferences is included.
• Revenue from webcasting services is not included since webcasting represents a distinct market and application. Pure-play webcasting services are excluded from the coverage of this research. Revenue from webinar services offered by web conferencing vendors is included. Examples of webinar solutions that are included are WebEx Event Center and Citrix GoToWebinar.
Revenue in this study is reported in US$ (USD) Regional Segmentation—The global web conferencing market is segmented into three regions:
• NALA (North America and Latin America)
• EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa), and
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
What are the key factors that will drive growth? Are there significant restraints that will hold the market back?
How are the key competitors positioned today and how is the landscape evolving?
How will the structure of the market change with time? Is it ripe for acquisitions?
How will web meetings evolve over time to address changing user needs?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Web Conferencing Market
4. External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
5. Forecast and Trends
6. Hosted Web Conferencing Services Market Breakdown
7. Hosted Services—Channel Trends for CSPs
8. On-premises Web Conferencing Market Breakdown
9. Market Share and Competitive Analysis
10. The Last Word
Read the full report:
Analysis of the Global Web Conferencing Market
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
Akana has announced the availability of the new Akana Healthcare Solution. The API-driven solution helps healthcare organizations accelerate their transition to being secure, digitally interoperable businesses. It leverages the Health Level Seven International Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (HL7 FHIR) standard to enable broader business use of medical data. Akana developed the Healthcare Solution in response to healthcare businesses that want to increase electronic, multi-device access to health records while reducing operating costs and complying with government regulations.
Sep. 3, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 314
Containers are not new, but renewed commitments to performance, flexibility, and agility have propelled them to the top of the agenda today. By working without the need for virtualization and its overhead, containers are seen as the perfect way to deploy apps and services across multiple clouds. Containers can handle anything from file types to operating systems and services, including microservices. What are microservices? Unlike what the name implies, microservices are not necessarily small, but are focused on specific tasks. The ability for developers to deploy multiple containers – thous...
Sep. 3, 2015 08:00 AM EDT
The Internet of Things is in the early stages of mainstream deployment but it promises to unlock value and rapidly transform how organizations manage, operationalize, and monetize their assets. IoT is a complex structure of hardware, sensors, applications, analytics and devices that need to be able to communicate geographically and across all functions. Once the data is collected from numerous endpoints, the challenge then becomes converting it into actionable insight.
Sep. 3, 2015 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 103
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, will introduce the technologies required for implementing these ideas and some early experiments performed in the Kurento open source software community in areas ...
Sep. 3, 2015 06:00 AM EDT
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal an...
Sep. 3, 2015 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,019
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Sep. 3, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 496
The 3rd International WebRTC Summit, to be held Nov. 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 15th International Cloud Expo, 6th International Big Data Expo, 3rd International DevOps Summit and 2nd Internet of @ThingsExpo. WebRTC (Web-based Real-Time Communication) is an open source project supported by Google, Mozilla and Opera that aims to enable bro...
Sep. 3, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,586
Through WebRTC, audio and video communications are being embedded more easily than ever into applications, helping carriers, enterprises and independent software vendors deliver greater functionality to their end users. With today’s business world increasingly focused on outcomes, users’ growing calls for ease of use, and businesses craving smarter, tighter integration, what’s the next step in delivering a richer, more immersive experience? That richer, more fully integrated experience comes about through a Communications Platform as a Service which allows for messaging, screen sharing, video...
Sep. 3, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 735
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal today!
Sep. 3, 2015 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,686
SYS-CON Events announced today that the "Second Containers & Microservices Expo" will take place November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities.
Sep. 2, 2015 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 645
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lee Williams, a producer of the first smartphones and tablets, will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater. He will explain how M2M controllers work through wirelessly connected remote controls; and specifically delve into a retrofit option that reverse-engineers control codes of existing conventional controller systems so they don't have to be replaced and are instantly converted to become smart, connected devices.
Sep. 2, 2015 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 239
SYS-CON Events announced today that IceWarp will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IceWarp, the leader of cloud and on-premise messaging, delivers secured email, chat, documents, conferencing and collaboration to today's mobile workforce, all in one unified interface
Sep. 2, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 473
SYS-CON Events announced today that Micron Technology, Inc., a global leader in advanced semiconductor systems, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Micron’s broad portfolio of high-performance memory technologies – including DRAM, NAND and NOR Flash – is the basis for solid state drives, modules, multichip packages and other system solutions. Backed by more than 35 years of technology leadership, Micron's memory solutions enable the world's most innovative computing, consumer,...
Sep. 2, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 277
SYS-CON Events announced today the Containers & Microservices Bootcamp, being held November 3-4, 2015, in conjunction with 17th Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, and @DevOpsSummit at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This is your chance to get started with the latest technology in the industry. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Containers and Microservices Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, a Microsoft Regional Director, will include presentations as well as hands-on demos and comprehensive walkthroughs.
Sep. 2, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 407
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies leverage disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevOps to advance innovation and increase agility. Specializing in designing, imple...
Sep. 2, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 364
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises are using some form of XaaS – software, platform, and infrastructure as a service.
Sep. 2, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,592
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts, GM of Platform at FinancialForce.com, will discuss the value of business applications on wearable ...
Sep. 2, 2015 04:00 PM EDT
Consumer IoT applications provide data about the user that just doesn’t exist in traditional PC or mobile web applications. This rich data, or “context,” enables the highly personalized consumer experiences that characterize many consumer IoT apps. This same data is also providing brands with unprecedented insight into how their connected products are being used, while, at the same time, powering highly targeted engagement and marketing opportunities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nathan Treloar, President and COO of Bebaio, will explore examples of brands transforming their businesses by t...
Sep. 2, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 275
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Sep. 2, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 950
While many app developers are comfortable building apps for the smartphone, there is a whole new world out there. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Narayan Sainaney, Co-founder and CTO of Mojio, will discuss how the business case for connected car apps is growing and, with open platform companies having already done the heavy lifting, there really is no barrier to entry.
Sep. 2, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 205