|By PR Newswire||
|January 21, 2014 09:20 AM EST||
LONDON, Jan. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Analysis of the Global Web Conferencing Market
Growing Competition and Price Pressures Push Vendors to Seek New Ways to Differentiate
The global web conferencing market is experiencing significant shifts with emergence of new services, mobility, and social collaboration disrupting the status quo to create new opportunities. Demand for web conferencing has increased significantly as companies implement efficient collaboration across dispersed teams. Improved user experiences and expanded use cases are further driving adoption. Mobility enhancements and growing integration with workflows and business applications will create new growth opportunities. This analysis provides web conferencing providers and their partners with a detailed analysis of the current and changing dynamics in the fast-evolving marketplace.
• The global web conferencing market is experiencing significant shifts with emergence of new services, mobility, and social collaboration disrupting the status quo to create new opportunities.
• User demand for collaborative technologies continues to grow rapidly triggered by three drivers that are profoundly altering the business landscape:
oThe ongoing workplace transformation, consumerization, and need for flexible work styles
oThe rapid pace of technology change and speed of innovation among businesses
oThe imperative to improve productivity
• Bring-You-Own-App (BYOA) is leading to a proliferation of non-IT sanctioned applications forcing IT to evaluate user-led solutions in its decision-making process.
• A proliferation of free or low-priced basic screen sharing tools is bringing in early-stage commoditization. Competition from cloud video conferencing is putting further pressure on prices.
• Vendors are looking to differentiate by moving from a "one size fits all" approach to solutions that drive specific use cases and business processes.
• Market shares have shifted with market leader Cisco continuing to lose share at a slow pace while Adobe, Citrix, FuzeBox, LogMeIn (join.me) and others have staked bigger claims in the market.
• There has been a significant slowdown in the on-premises market, despite strong Lync traction. With the exception of Microsoft, most on-premises vendors have reported slow growth or a decline.
• North America and Latin America (NALA) remains the largest market in revenue terms, while Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA ) bounced back after a slowdown. Asia-Pacific saw suppressed growth due to greater price-based competition as well as currency fluctuations.
• The global web conferencing market, which includes hosted and on-premises solutions, grew at a healthyX percent in 2012 to reach $X billion in revenue.
• Web conferencing software and services are forecast to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of X percent from 2012 to 2017 to reach $X billion by 2017.
• Web conferencing solutions continue to evolve from online meetings to social and collaborative platforms. Growth is being driven by the ongoing transition from audio-only communications to richer web and video collaboration.
• Demand is growing rapidly with several vendors reporting greater than X to X percent growth in usage, primarily driven by a larger base of users and wider deployments. There is clearly an accelerated pace of adoption as the value of web collaboration is well understood for productivity enhancements and cost savings.
• Bookings are growing significantly faster than revenue. While user demand is growing, revenue growth is under pressure due to greater market maturity and the impact of declining revenue per license.
• Competition is emerging from new quarters. There is a growing impact of alternatives including freemium services and basic screen sharing tools. As price-based competition emerges, differentiation is getting more challenging.
• The line between web and video conferencing is blurring with the emergence of cloud video conferencing services that are beefing up content sharing features.
• Key trends gaining ground include convergence of synchronous and asynchronous communications due to greater user demand for better knowledge/content management (file sharing, capture, flexible storage, on-demand streaming).
• Mobile usage is exploding. Users are demanding enhanced meeting features and control from mobile devices. It is estimated that the number of mobile downloads for web conferencing has reached more than X million in 2013.
• Vendors are increasingly leading with mobile first to enable the transition from content consumption to productivity over tablets and smartphones. Companies that lead in the delivery of mobile collaboration and content will become the market disruptors.
• VoIP audio has become the defacto mode for several users and is growing very fast. VoIP now constitutes X to X percent of all integrated web-audio contracts for several large vendors.
• Hosted services remain the dominant model contributing X percent of total web conferencing revenue in 2012, up from Xpercent the prior year. Growth in hosted services surpassed on-premises growth as more users lean in favor of cloud for collaboration needs.
• Within the hosted services market, growth in EMEA at X percent in 2012 far exceeded the growth in other regions. EMEA saw an uptick in demand, after undergoing suppressed conditions in prior years.
• In 2012, Asia-Pacific growth for hosted services at Xpercent reflected a slowdown relative to years before. This was due to greater price-based competition as well as adverse impact of currency fluctuations. The outlook for Asia-Pacific remains strong as both the global and regional vendors look at further expansion.
• Web conferencing is swiftly moving away from vanilla online meetings to workflows in the context of business needs. Evolving set of capabilities, that are deeply embedded across key business functions, are enabling information workers and managers to make faster and better business decisions.
• Among the key applications for web conferencing; sales, marketing, and training remain widely used. Use for general-purpose meetings (strategy development, administration, project management) has gone up due to the spread of web conferencing among a larger user base within organizations.
• Growth in the future will come from expansion into under-penetrated segments of the market including the rapidly growing mid-market as well as verticals such as healthcare, education, manufacturing, and retail.
• The low end of the market is increasingly getting saturated with offerings (such as AnyMeeting, join.me, Zoom) which have garnered a big user base. Several tier 1 vendors are now offering freemium services to better penetrate SMBs.
• Among the key trends, WebRTC is gaining traction at a fast pace with the potential to bring in new opportunities in the already fast changing video and web conferencing markets. WebRTC will see greatest adoption for customer service applications, where the lower barriers to adoption will promote usage.
• Limited browser and mobility support as well as ongoing turf wars on standardization for WebRTC will ensure that the sophisticated multi-party web and video clients currently in place will likely remain in demand.
• Virtualization of communication applications is the next big wave leading to efficiencies and greater flexibility. Major UC vendors are well on the path to virtualize their collaboration stack.
1. Web conferencing is moving away from vanilla online meetings to integrations with business applications built into user defined workflows.
2. The growing impact of alternatives, including freemium and basic screen sharing services, is leading to price-based competition making differentiation more challenging.
3. Due to a growing focus on mobile first, solutions must enable the transition from content consumption to productivity over mobile devices.
4. There is a greater user demand for convergence of real time and asynchronous collaboration for better knowledge/content management.
5. Decision making is shifting to IT as bigger deployments gain ground. At the same time BYOA is making users and line-of-business heads key influencers.
Market Overview—Key Definitions
Hosted Web Conferencing:
• Based on the SaaS delivery model, web conferencing software is hosted by vendors in their data centers and provided to customers on a multi-tenant basis via the Internet.
• Offered either as a subscription (flat fee per seat) or on a usage basis (cost per user per minute).
On-premises Web Conferencing:
• Available as a licensed software for installation on servers, the web conferencing application is deployed behind the enterprise firewall and managed by the customer.
• Typically offered as a converged conferencing or a Unified Communications (UC) solution.
Managed Web Conferencing:
• Fully managed on-site or remotely by a service provider, managed web conferencing services are dedicated to a single customer. They are aimed at users that want more control over meeting content and security.
• Managed web conferencing services are a nascent market today and are expected to grow significantly.
Research Methodology and Scope
Primary research with web conferencing providers; Frost & Sullivan published reports, decision support databases, company Websites, and other secondary resources.
This research covers the market for hosted web conferencing services and on-premises web conferencing solutions. Web conferencing allows people to hold real-time, synchronous meetings and conferences over the web. The most basic feature of a web conference is screen sharing, whereby conference participants see content on the presenter's screen. Additionally, audio communications in a web conference can either be done through traditional public switched telephone networks (PSTN) networks or through voice over Internet protocol (VoIP). Typical features of a web conference include:
• Slide presentation, desktop sharing, and application sharing
• Web co-browsing and file transfer
• Integrated PSTN and/or VoIP audio for web-based conference control
• Public and private chat (text messaging)
• White boarding and annotation
• Polls and surveys
• Recording, archiving, and broadcasting
• Desktop video
This research does NOT include:
• Revenue from annual software assurance or maintenance programs and ongoing support services—such revenue is associated with the total installed base of licenses and not tied to new license sales.
• Revenue from stand-alone audio conferencing services is not included. However, in meetings where the vendor seamlessly integrates audio with web conferencing, revenue from "integrated" audio-web conferences is included.
• Revenue from webcasting services is not included since webcasting represents a distinct market and application. Pure-play webcasting services are excluded from the coverage of this research. Revenue from webinar services offered by web conferencing vendors is included. Examples of webinar solutions that are included are WebEx Event Center and Citrix GoToWebinar.
Revenue in this study is reported in US$ (USD) Regional Segmentation—The global web conferencing market is segmented into three regions:
• NALA (North America and Latin America)
• EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa), and
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
What are the key factors that will drive growth? Are there significant restraints that will hold the market back?
How are the key competitors positioned today and how is the landscape evolving?
How will the structure of the market change with time? Is it ripe for acquisitions?
How will web meetings evolve over time to address changing user needs?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Web Conferencing Market
4. External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
5. Forecast and Trends
6. Hosted Web Conferencing Services Market Breakdown
7. Hosted Services—Channel Trends for CSPs
8. On-premises Web Conferencing Market Breakdown
9. Market Share and Competitive Analysis
10. The Last Word
Read the full report:
Analysis of the Global Web Conferencing Market
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 25, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,132
Is the ongoing quest for agility in the data center forcing you to evaluate how to be a part of infrastructure automation efforts? As organizations evolve toward bimodal IT operations, they are embracing new service delivery models and leveraging virtualization to increase infrastructure agility. Therefore, the network must evolve in parallel to become equally agile. Read this essential piece of Gartner research for recommendations on achieving greater agility.
Aug. 25, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 422
Personalization has long been the holy grail of marketing. Simply stated, communicate the most relevant offer to the right person and you will increase sales. To achieve this, you must understand the individual. Consequently, digital marketers developed many ways to gather and leverage customer information to deliver targeted experiences. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lou Casal, Founder and Principal Consultant at Practicala, discussed how the Internet of Things (IoT) has accelerated our abil...
Aug. 25, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,889
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Aug. 25, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,767
With so much going on in this space you could be forgiven for thinking you were always working with yesterday’s technologies. So much change, so quickly. What do you do if you have to build a solution from the ground up that is expected to live in the field for at least 5-10 years? This is the challenge we faced when we looked to refresh our existing 10-year-old custom hardware stack to measure the fullness of trash cans and compactors.
Aug. 25, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,596
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions wi...
Aug. 25, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,900
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Aug. 25, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,966
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Aug. 24, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,667
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Aug. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,558
Pulzze Systems was happy to participate in such a premier event and thankful to be receiving the winning investment and global network support from G-Startup Worldwide. It is an exciting time for Pulzze to showcase the effectiveness of innovative technologies and enable them to make the world smarter and better. The reputable contest is held to identify promising startups around the globe that are assured to change the world through their innovative products and disruptive technologies. There w...
Aug. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 363
SYS-CON Events announced today Telecom Reseller has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Telecom Reseller reports on Unified Communications, UCaaS, BPaaS for enterprise and SMBs. They report extensively on both customer premises based solutions such as IP-PBX as well as cloud based and hosted platforms.
Aug. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 494
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Aug. 24, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,441
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,851
In today's uber-connected, consumer-centric, cloud-enabled, insights-driven, multi-device, global world, the focus of solutions has shifted from the product that is sold to the person who is buying the product or service. Enterprises have rebranded their business around the consumers of their products. The buyer is the person and the focus is not on the offering. The person is connected through multiple devices, wearables, at home, on the road, and in multiple locations, sometimes simultaneously...
Aug. 24, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,256
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 24, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,516
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Aug. 24, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,093
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Aug. 24, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,664
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Aug. 24, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,189
Akana has announced the availability of version 8 of its API Management solution. The Akana Platform provides an end-to-end API Management solution for designing, implementing, securing, managing, monitoring, and publishing APIs. It is available as a SaaS platform, on-premises, and as a hybrid deployment. Version 8 introduces a lot of new functionality, all aimed at offering customers the richest API Management capabilities in a way that is easier than ever for API and app developers to use.
Aug. 24, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,411
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Aug. 24, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,852