|By Marketwired .||
|January 16, 2013 09:00 AM EST||
LONDON -- (Marketwire) -- 01/16/13 -- Ricoh Production Print Solutions LLC (Ricoh), a global technology company specialising in office imaging equipment, production print solutions, document management systems and IT services, today announced it will demonstrate its digital production print portfolio at Hunkeler Innovationdays. Many of these will be European debuts of the award-winning offerings. All of the solutions are aimed to help customers go beyond print by adding new value-added applications and services. Attendees at the show (in Lucerne, Switzerland, 11-15 February) will have access to Ricoh experts from around the world about new ways to grow their businesses, increase their value-added services and meet and exceed their customer demands.
At the show, Ricoh will offer visitors a wide-range of applications, software and hardware developed to help companies transform their businesses to go beyond traditional print services. This portfolio takes advantage of the internationally-recognized Ricoh ProcessDirector, which helps empower customers to ensure integrity, security and flexibility of their overall operation. From commercial to book to transactional printers, Ricoh will have solutions on display to meet the needs of every business. These include:
- InfoPrint 5000 GP - this flagship member of the InfoPrint 5000 ink jet family is designed with the needs of commercial, book and transactional printers top of mind, and will be shown for the first time in Europe with the Extended Media Dryer option. This flexible and versatile model is designed for customers that need exceptional reliability to meet tight print windows and have requirements for diverse media and stringent colour quality, with options for monochrome and on-demand MICR. Like all models in the InfoPrint 5000 family, the InfoPrint 5000 GP provides customers with configuration flexibility and a lower carbon footprint than most others on the market. By leveraging Ink Savvy, businesses can increase their ROI by tuning colour files to minimise ink consumption while maintaining the overall "look and feel" of the document. At Hunkeler Innovationdays, an Italian publisher's colour school books, as well as calendars and direct mail pieces will be printed on the InfoPrint 5000 GP leveraging the new dryer that enables an expanded range of media while increasing the perceived print quality
- InfoPrint 5000 MP Monochrome -- with a smaller footprint than the InfoPrint 5000 GP, the InfoPrint 5000 MP provides commercial and transactional printers the ability to run monochrome books, statements, manuals and other documents now, with the option to convert to colour to protect the initial investment. The high speed of InfoPrint 5000 MP Monochrome makes it an ideal choice for consolidating footprints in a print shop with multiple toner-based monochrome systems. In a hybrid configuration (InfoPrint 5000 MP Monochrome coupled with an InfoPrint 5000 GP 'Mono plus MICR' engine) it meets the need to produce monochrome jobs with MICR data. The InfoPrint 5000 MP Monochrome will be running transactional documents, books and direct mail pieces during the event
- There will be a new addition to Ricoh's award-winning cutsheet solution portfolio-Q1 2013 and this model will be on display at Hunkeler Innovationdays. This new solution will run marketing and direct mail applications at the show, demonstrating its best-in-class digital colour production capability
- Ricoh ProcessDirector Express - This newest addition to the Ricoh TotalFlow workflow suite offers customers an easy-to-use, end-to-end workflow software to manage transactional datastreams in Adobe PDF format. This solution brings the power and modularity of the proven Ricoh ProcessDirector software to mid-level customers who can now benefit from Ricoh's decades of experience with larger commercial and transactional printers. Ricoh will demonstrate mailpiece tracking via Ricoh ProcessDirector Express with its Mailroom Integrity solution integrated with scanning technology
- TotalFlow Cadence for Publishing - This new offering is a single system workflow for ultra-short run book production created to empower commercial printers and book manufacturers with a trusted and automated solution to adapt to the new trend of ultra short-run books production. It allows printers to automatically batch and gang books together based on specific customizable criteria which enables them to onboard work quickly. Customers can also monitor each title and job with automated tracking and meet job commitments and deadlines with proven integrity capabilities
- TotalFlow DocEnhancer - A plug-in for Adobe® Acrobat® X Pro, TotalFlow DocEnhancer enables printers to offer new services, such as document re-engineering and cross-media marketing to satisfy customers who need to make last-minute changes to PDF files as part of their Adobe PDF workflow process
- Digital or Offset Calculator. This new tool, free and exclusive to all members of the Ricoh Business Driver Programme, identifies which print production process is most appropriate for a particular job. Using the Digital or Offset Calculator, printers can ensure that their offset and digital presses are used in the optimal -- and most profitable -- fashion
"Print today is about transformation. Ricoh is committed to helping our customers transform their businesses to go beyond print to deliver value-added services, solutions and applications. At Hunkeler Innovationdays, Ricoh will display this commitment and show customers real-world, proven solutions that will help decrease their costs while increasing their revenues," said Sam Hosoe, associate director and deputy general manager, Ricoh Production Printing Business Group, Ricoh Company, Ltd. "For printers of all kinds and sizes, our print and beyond portfolio has solutions that can address their goals and empower businesses to quickly see true results."
For more information about Ricoh at Hunkeler Innovationdays, please visit http://bit.ly/ricohHID2013 or contact Laura Clark at [email protected] for a sales meeting with Ricoh executives. If you are a member of the media or analyst community attending and are interested in speaking with Ricoh executives at the show, contact Tracey Sheehy at [email protected].
Ricoh is a global technology company specializing in office imaging equipment, production print solutions, document management systems and IT services. Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in more than 200 countries and regions. In the financial year ending March 2012, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 1,903 billion yen (approx. 23 billion USD).
The majority of the company's revenue comes from products, solutions and services that improve the interaction between people and information. Ricoh also produces award-winning digital cameras and specialized industrial products. It is known for the quality of its technology, the exceptional standard of its customer service and sustainability initiatives.
Under its corporate tagline, imagine. change. Ricoh helps companies transform the way they work and harness the collective imagination of their employees.
For further information, please visit www.ricoh.com/about/
Tel: (212) 616-6003
Email: Email Contact
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jun. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,032
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to imp...
Jun. 24, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 277
SYS-CON Events announced today that ReadyTalk, a leading provider of online conferencing and webinar services, has been named Vendor Presentation Sponsor at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ReadyTalk delivers audio and web conferencing services that inspire collaboration and enable the Future of Work for today’s increasingly digital and mobile workforce. By combining intuitive, innovative tec...
Jun. 24, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,275
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their backend AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT - especially in the connected home and office. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Kocher, founder and managing director of Grey Heron, explained how Amazon is extending its reach to become a major force in IoT by building on its dominant cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strat...
Jun. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,520
Connected devices and the industrial internet are growing exponentially every year with Cisco expecting 50 billion devices to be in operation by 2020. In this period of growth, location-based insights are becoming invaluable to many businesses as they adopt new connected technologies. Knowing when and where these devices connect from is critical for a number of scenarios in supply chain management, disaster management, emergency response, M2M, location marketing and more. In his session at @Th...
Jun. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 676
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jun. 24, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 553
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his Day 2 Keynote at @ThingsExpo, Henrik Kenani Dahlgren, Portfolio Marketing Manager at Ericsson, discussed how to plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change t...
Jun. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 908
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Jun. 24, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 819
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Jun. 24, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,128
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Jun. 24, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,086
There are several IoTs: the Industrial Internet, Consumer Wearables, Wearables and Healthcare, Supply Chains, and the movement toward Smart Grids, Cities, Regions, and Nations. There are competing communications standards every step of the way, a bewildering array of sensors and devices, and an entire world of competing data analytics platforms. To some this appears to be chaos. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate a...
Jun. 24, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 555
There is little doubt that Big Data solutions will have an increasing role in the Enterprise IT mainstream over time. Big Data at Cloud Expo - to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - has announced its Call for Papers is open. Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is...
Jun. 24, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,175
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Jun. 24, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,085
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Jun. 24, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 742
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Jun. 24, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,380
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Jun. 24, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,161
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Jun. 24, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 933
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Jun. 24, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,133
industrial company for a multi-year contract initially valued at over $4.0 million. In addition to DataV software, Bsquare will also provide comprehensive systems integration, support and maintenance services. DataV leverages advanced data analytics, predictive reasoning, data-driven diagnostics, and automated orchestration of remediation actions in order to improve asset uptime while reducing service and warranty costs.
Jun. 22, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,324
Vidyo, Inc., has joined the Alliance for Open Media. The Alliance for Open Media is a non-profit organization working to define and develop media technologies that address the need for an open standard for video compression and delivery over the web. As a member of the Alliance, Vidyo will collaborate with industry leaders in pursuit of an open and royalty-free AOMedia Video codec, AV1. Vidyo’s contributions to the organization will bring to bear its long history of expertise in codec technolo...
Jun. 19, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,214