|By Marketwired .||
|January 16, 2013 09:00 AM EST||
LONDON -- (Marketwire) -- 01/16/13 -- Ricoh Production Print Solutions LLC (Ricoh), a global technology company specialising in office imaging equipment, production print solutions, document management systems and IT services, today announced it will demonstrate its digital production print portfolio at Hunkeler Innovationdays. Many of these will be European debuts of the award-winning offerings. All of the solutions are aimed to help customers go beyond print by adding new value-added applications and services. Attendees at the show (in Lucerne, Switzerland, 11-15 February) will have access to Ricoh experts from around the world about new ways to grow their businesses, increase their value-added services and meet and exceed their customer demands.
At the show, Ricoh will offer visitors a wide-range of applications, software and hardware developed to help companies transform their businesses to go beyond traditional print services. This portfolio takes advantage of the internationally-recognized Ricoh ProcessDirector, which helps empower customers to ensure integrity, security and flexibility of their overall operation. From commercial to book to transactional printers, Ricoh will have solutions on display to meet the needs of every business. These include:
- InfoPrint 5000 GP - this flagship member of the InfoPrint 5000 ink jet family is designed with the needs of commercial, book and transactional printers top of mind, and will be shown for the first time in Europe with the Extended Media Dryer option. This flexible and versatile model is designed for customers that need exceptional reliability to meet tight print windows and have requirements for diverse media and stringent colour quality, with options for monochrome and on-demand MICR. Like all models in the InfoPrint 5000 family, the InfoPrint 5000 GP provides customers with configuration flexibility and a lower carbon footprint than most others on the market. By leveraging Ink Savvy, businesses can increase their ROI by tuning colour files to minimise ink consumption while maintaining the overall "look and feel" of the document. At Hunkeler Innovationdays, an Italian publisher's colour school books, as well as calendars and direct mail pieces will be printed on the InfoPrint 5000 GP leveraging the new dryer that enables an expanded range of media while increasing the perceived print quality
- InfoPrint 5000 MP Monochrome -- with a smaller footprint than the InfoPrint 5000 GP, the InfoPrint 5000 MP provides commercial and transactional printers the ability to run monochrome books, statements, manuals and other documents now, with the option to convert to colour to protect the initial investment. The high speed of InfoPrint 5000 MP Monochrome makes it an ideal choice for consolidating footprints in a print shop with multiple toner-based monochrome systems. In a hybrid configuration (InfoPrint 5000 MP Monochrome coupled with an InfoPrint 5000 GP 'Mono plus MICR' engine) it meets the need to produce monochrome jobs with MICR data. The InfoPrint 5000 MP Monochrome will be running transactional documents, books and direct mail pieces during the event
- There will be a new addition to Ricoh's award-winning cutsheet solution portfolio-Q1 2013 and this model will be on display at Hunkeler Innovationdays. This new solution will run marketing and direct mail applications at the show, demonstrating its best-in-class digital colour production capability
- Ricoh ProcessDirector Express - This newest addition to the Ricoh TotalFlow workflow suite offers customers an easy-to-use, end-to-end workflow software to manage transactional datastreams in Adobe PDF format. This solution brings the power and modularity of the proven Ricoh ProcessDirector software to mid-level customers who can now benefit from Ricoh's decades of experience with larger commercial and transactional printers. Ricoh will demonstrate mailpiece tracking via Ricoh ProcessDirector Express with its Mailroom Integrity solution integrated with scanning technology
- TotalFlow Cadence for Publishing - This new offering is a single system workflow for ultra-short run book production created to empower commercial printers and book manufacturers with a trusted and automated solution to adapt to the new trend of ultra short-run books production. It allows printers to automatically batch and gang books together based on specific customizable criteria which enables them to onboard work quickly. Customers can also monitor each title and job with automated tracking and meet job commitments and deadlines with proven integrity capabilities
- TotalFlow DocEnhancer - A plug-in for Adobe® Acrobat® X Pro, TotalFlow DocEnhancer enables printers to offer new services, such as document re-engineering and cross-media marketing to satisfy customers who need to make last-minute changes to PDF files as part of their Adobe PDF workflow process
- Digital or Offset Calculator. This new tool, free and exclusive to all members of the Ricoh Business Driver Programme, identifies which print production process is most appropriate for a particular job. Using the Digital or Offset Calculator, printers can ensure that their offset and digital presses are used in the optimal -- and most profitable -- fashion
"Print today is about transformation. Ricoh is committed to helping our customers transform their businesses to go beyond print to deliver value-added services, solutions and applications. At Hunkeler Innovationdays, Ricoh will display this commitment and show customers real-world, proven solutions that will help decrease their costs while increasing their revenues," said Sam Hosoe, associate director and deputy general manager, Ricoh Production Printing Business Group, Ricoh Company, Ltd. "For printers of all kinds and sizes, our print and beyond portfolio has solutions that can address their goals and empower businesses to quickly see true results."
For more information about Ricoh at Hunkeler Innovationdays, please visit http://bit.ly/ricohHID2013 or contact Laura Clark at [email protected] for a sales meeting with Ricoh executives. If you are a member of the media or analyst community attending and are interested in speaking with Ricoh executives at the show, contact Tracey Sheehy at [email protected].
Ricoh is a global technology company specializing in office imaging equipment, production print solutions, document management systems and IT services. Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in more than 200 countries and regions. In the financial year ending March 2012, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 1,903 billion yen (approx. 23 billion USD).
The majority of the company's revenue comes from products, solutions and services that improve the interaction between people and information. Ricoh also produces award-winning digital cameras and specialized industrial products. It is known for the quality of its technology, the exceptional standard of its customer service and sustainability initiatives.
Under its corporate tagline, imagine. change. Ricoh helps companies transform the way they work and harness the collective imagination of their employees.
For further information, please visit www.ricoh.com/about/
Tel: (212) 616-6003
Email: Email Contact
The recent trends like cloud computing, social, mobile and Internet of Things are forcing enterprises to modernize in order to compete in the competitive globalized markets. However, enterprises are approaching newer technologies with a more silo-ed way, gaining only sub optimal benefits. The Modern Enterprise model is presented as a newer way to think of enterprise IT, which takes a more holistic approach to embracing modern technologies.
May. 25, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 6,202
The true value of the Internet of Things (IoT) lies not just in the data, but through the services that protect the data, perform the analysis and present findings in a usable way. With many IoT elements rooted in traditional IT components, Big Data and IoT isn’t just a play for enterprise. In fact, the IoT presents SMBs with the prospect of launching entirely new activities and exploring innovative areas. CompTIA research identifies several areas where IoT is expected to have the greatest impact.
May. 25, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,075
Every day we read jaw-dropping stats on the explosion of data. We allocate significant resources to harness and better understand it. We build businesses around it. But we’ve only just begun. For big payoffs in Big Data, CIOs are turning to cognitive computing. Cognitive computing’s ability to securely extract insights, understand natural language, and get smarter each time it’s used is the next, logical step for Big Data.
May. 25, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,344
The 4th International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 17th International Cloud Expo - to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - announces that its Call for Papers is open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
May. 25, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,163
There's no doubt that the Internet of Things is driving the next wave of innovation. Google has spent billions over the past few months vacuuming up companies that specialize in smart appliances and machine learning. Already, Philips light bulbs, Audi automobiles, and Samsung washers and dryers can communicate with and be controlled from mobile devices. To take advantage of the opportunities the Internet of Things brings to your business, you'll want to start preparing now.
May. 25, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,963
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal an...
May. 25, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,054
P2P RTC will impact the landscape of communications, shifting from traditional telephony style communications models to OTT (Over-The-Top) cloud assisted & PaaS (Platform as a Service) communication services. The P2P shift will impact many areas of our lives, from mobile communication, human interactive web services, RTC and telephony infrastructure, user federation, security and privacy implications, business costs, and scalability. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robin Raymond, Chief Architect at Hookflash, will walk through the shifting landscape of traditional telephone and voice services ...
May. 25, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,442
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal today!
May. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,629
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems at Red Hat, described how to revolutioniz...
May. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,069
All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades. With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo, June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be
May. 25, 2015 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,511
The security devil is always in the details of the attack: the ones you've endured, the ones you prepare yourself to fend off, and the ones that, you fear, will catch you completely unaware and defenseless. The Internet of Things (IoT) is nothing if not an endless proliferation of details. It's the vision of a world in which continuous Internet connectivity and addressability is embedded into a growing range of human artifacts, into the natural world, and even into our smartphones, appliances, and physical persons. In the IoT vision, every new "thing" - sensor, actuator, data source, data con...
May. 25, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 6,504
Container frameworks, such as Docker, provide a variety of benefits, including density of deployment across infrastructure, convenience for application developers to push updates with low operational hand-holding, and a fairly well-defined deployment workflow that can be orchestrated. Container frameworks also enable a DevOps approach to application development by cleanly separating concerns between operations and development teams. But running multi-container, multi-server apps with containers is very hard. You have to learn five new and different technologies and best practices (libswarm, sy...
May. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,344
SYS-CON Events announced today that DragonGlass, an enterprise search platform, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. After eleven years of designing and building custom applications, OpenCrowd has launched DragonGlass, a cloud-based platform that enables the development of search-based applications. These are a new breed of applications that utilize a search index as their backbone for data retrieval. They can easily adapt to new data sets and provide access to both structured and unstruc...
May. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,157
There's Big Data, then there's really Big Data from the Internet of Things. IoT is evolving to include many data possibilities like new types of event, log and network data. The volumes are enormous, generating tens of billions of logs per day, which raise data challenges. Early IoT deployments are relying heavily on both the cloud and managed service providers to navigate these challenges. In her session at Big Data Expo®, Hannah Smalltree, Director at Treasure Data, discussed how IoT, Big Data and deployments are processing massive data volumes from wearables, utilities and other machines...
May. 25, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,373
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists will peel away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud environment, and we must architect and code accordingly. At the very least, you'll have no problem fil...
May. 25, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,125
SYS-CON Events announced today that MetraTech, now part of Ericsson, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society- a world leader in communications infrastructure, software and services. Some 40% of the world’s mobile traffic runs through networks Ericsson has supplied, serving more than 2.5 billion subscribers.
May. 25, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,820
The worldwide cellular network will be the backbone of the future IoT, and the telecom industry is clamoring to get on board as more than just a data pipe. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Evan McGee, CTO of Ring Plus, Inc., discussed what service operators can offer that would benefit IoT entrepreneurs, inventors, and consumers. Evan McGee is the CTO of RingPlus, a leading innovative U.S. MVNO and wireless enabler. His focus is on combining web technologies with traditional telecom to create a new breed of unified communication that is easily accessible to the general consumer. With over a de...
May. 25, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,862
Disruptive macro trends in technology are impacting and dramatically changing the "art of the possible" relative to supply chain management practices through the innovative use of IoT, cloud, machine learning and Big Data to enable connected ecosystems of engagement. Enterprise informatics can now move beyond point solutions that merely monitor the past and implement integrated enterprise fabrics that enable end-to-end supply chain visibility to improve customer service delivery and optimize supplier management. Learn about enterprise architecture strategies for designing connected systems tha...
May. 25, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,095
Cloud is not a commodity. And no matter what you call it, computing doesn’t come out of the sky. It comes from physical hardware inside brick and mortar facilities connected by hundreds of miles of networking cable. And no two clouds are built the same way. SoftLayer gives you the highest performing cloud infrastructure available. One platform that takes data centers around the world that are full of the widest range of cloud computing options, and then integrates and automates everything. Join SoftLayer on June 9 at 16th Cloud Expo to learn about IBM Cloud's SoftLayer platform, explore se...
May. 25, 2015 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,322
SYS-CON Media announced today that 9 out of 10 " most read" DevOps articles are published by @DevOpsSummit Blog. Launched in October 2014, @DevOpsSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce softw...
May. 25, 2015 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,373