|By Marketwired .||
|January 16, 2013 09:00 AM EST||
LONDON -- (Marketwire) -- 01/16/13 -- Ricoh Production Print Solutions LLC (Ricoh), a global technology company specialising in office imaging equipment, production print solutions, document management systems and IT services, today announced it will demonstrate its digital production print portfolio at Hunkeler Innovationdays. Many of these will be European debuts of the award-winning offerings. All of the solutions are aimed to help customers go beyond print by adding new value-added applications and services. Attendees at the show (in Lucerne, Switzerland, 11-15 February) will have access to Ricoh experts from around the world about new ways to grow their businesses, increase their value-added services and meet and exceed their customer demands.
At the show, Ricoh will offer visitors a wide-range of applications, software and hardware developed to help companies transform their businesses to go beyond traditional print services. This portfolio takes advantage of the internationally-recognized Ricoh ProcessDirector, which helps empower customers to ensure integrity, security and flexibility of their overall operation. From commercial to book to transactional printers, Ricoh will have solutions on display to meet the needs of every business. These include:
- InfoPrint 5000 GP - this flagship member of the InfoPrint 5000 ink jet family is designed with the needs of commercial, book and transactional printers top of mind, and will be shown for the first time in Europe with the Extended Media Dryer option. This flexible and versatile model is designed for customers that need exceptional reliability to meet tight print windows and have requirements for diverse media and stringent colour quality, with options for monochrome and on-demand MICR. Like all models in the InfoPrint 5000 family, the InfoPrint 5000 GP provides customers with configuration flexibility and a lower carbon footprint than most others on the market. By leveraging Ink Savvy, businesses can increase their ROI by tuning colour files to minimise ink consumption while maintaining the overall "look and feel" of the document. At Hunkeler Innovationdays, an Italian publisher's colour school books, as well as calendars and direct mail pieces will be printed on the InfoPrint 5000 GP leveraging the new dryer that enables an expanded range of media while increasing the perceived print quality
- InfoPrint 5000 MP Monochrome -- with a smaller footprint than the InfoPrint 5000 GP, the InfoPrint 5000 MP provides commercial and transactional printers the ability to run monochrome books, statements, manuals and other documents now, with the option to convert to colour to protect the initial investment. The high speed of InfoPrint 5000 MP Monochrome makes it an ideal choice for consolidating footprints in a print shop with multiple toner-based monochrome systems. In a hybrid configuration (InfoPrint 5000 MP Monochrome coupled with an InfoPrint 5000 GP 'Mono plus MICR' engine) it meets the need to produce monochrome jobs with MICR data. The InfoPrint 5000 MP Monochrome will be running transactional documents, books and direct mail pieces during the event
- There will be a new addition to Ricoh's award-winning cutsheet solution portfolio-Q1 2013 and this model will be on display at Hunkeler Innovationdays. This new solution will run marketing and direct mail applications at the show, demonstrating its best-in-class digital colour production capability
- Ricoh ProcessDirector Express - This newest addition to the Ricoh TotalFlow workflow suite offers customers an easy-to-use, end-to-end workflow software to manage transactional datastreams in Adobe PDF format. This solution brings the power and modularity of the proven Ricoh ProcessDirector software to mid-level customers who can now benefit from Ricoh's decades of experience with larger commercial and transactional printers. Ricoh will demonstrate mailpiece tracking via Ricoh ProcessDirector Express with its Mailroom Integrity solution integrated with scanning technology
- TotalFlow Cadence for Publishing - This new offering is a single system workflow for ultra-short run book production created to empower commercial printers and book manufacturers with a trusted and automated solution to adapt to the new trend of ultra short-run books production. It allows printers to automatically batch and gang books together based on specific customizable criteria which enables them to onboard work quickly. Customers can also monitor each title and job with automated tracking and meet job commitments and deadlines with proven integrity capabilities
- TotalFlow DocEnhancer - A plug-in for Adobe® Acrobat® X Pro, TotalFlow DocEnhancer enables printers to offer new services, such as document re-engineering and cross-media marketing to satisfy customers who need to make last-minute changes to PDF files as part of their Adobe PDF workflow process
- Digital or Offset Calculator. This new tool, free and exclusive to all members of the Ricoh Business Driver Programme, identifies which print production process is most appropriate for a particular job. Using the Digital or Offset Calculator, printers can ensure that their offset and digital presses are used in the optimal -- and most profitable -- fashion
"Print today is about transformation. Ricoh is committed to helping our customers transform their businesses to go beyond print to deliver value-added services, solutions and applications. At Hunkeler Innovationdays, Ricoh will display this commitment and show customers real-world, proven solutions that will help decrease their costs while increasing their revenues," said Sam Hosoe, associate director and deputy general manager, Ricoh Production Printing Business Group, Ricoh Company, Ltd. "For printers of all kinds and sizes, our print and beyond portfolio has solutions that can address their goals and empower businesses to quickly see true results."
For more information about Ricoh at Hunkeler Innovationdays, please visit http://bit.ly/ricohHID2013 or contact Laura Clark at [email protected] for a sales meeting with Ricoh executives. If you are a member of the media or analyst community attending and are interested in speaking with Ricoh executives at the show, contact Tracey Sheehy at [email protected].
Ricoh is a global technology company specializing in office imaging equipment, production print solutions, document management systems and IT services. Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in more than 200 countries and regions. In the financial year ending March 2012, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 1,903 billion yen (approx. 23 billion USD).
The majority of the company's revenue comes from products, solutions and services that improve the interaction between people and information. Ricoh also produces award-winning digital cameras and specialized industrial products. It is known for the quality of its technology, the exceptional standard of its customer service and sustainability initiatives.
Under its corporate tagline, imagine. change. Ricoh helps companies transform the way they work and harness the collective imagination of their employees.
For further information, please visit www.ricoh.com/about/
Tel: (212) 616-6003
Email: Email Contact
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Oct. 13, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 104
This week, the team assembled in NYC for @Cloud Expo 2015 and @ThingsExpo 2015. For the past four years, this has been a must-attend event for MetraTech. We were happy to once again join industry visionaries, colleagues, customers and even competitors to share and explore the ways in which the Internet of Things (IoT) will impact our industry. Over the course of the show, we discussed the types of challenges we will collectively need to solve to capitalize on the opportunity IoT presents.
Oct. 13, 2015 02:00 PM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermi...
Oct. 13, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 220
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal an...
Oct. 13, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 211
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data shows "less than 10 percent of IoT developers are making enough to support a reasonably sized team....
Oct. 13, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 342
The IoT market is on track to hit $7.1 trillion in 2020. The reality is that only a handful of companies are ready for this massive demand. There are a lot of barriers, paint points, traps, and hidden roadblocks. How can we deal with these issues and challenges? The paradigm has changed. Old-style ad-hoc trial-and-error ways will certainly lead you to the dead end. What is mandatory is an overarching and adaptive approach to effectively handle the rapid changes and exponential growth.
Oct. 13, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 338
There will be 20 billion IoT devices connected to the Internet soon. What if we could control these devices with our voice, mind, or gestures? What if we could teach these devices how to talk to each other? What if these devices could learn how to interact with us (and each other) to make our lives better? What if Jarvis was real? How can I gain these super powers? In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, will show you!
Oct. 13, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 299
Developing software for the Internet of Things (IoT) comes with its own set of challenges. Security, privacy, and unified standards are a few key issues. In addition, each IoT product is comprised of at least three separate application components: the software embedded in the device, the backend big-data service, and the mobile application for the end user's controls. Each component is developed by a different team, using different technologies and practices, and deployed to a different stack/target - this makes the integration of these separate pipelines and the coordination of software upd...
Oct. 13, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 411
As a company adopts a DevOps approach to software development, what are key things that both the Dev and Ops side of the business must keep in mind to ensure effective continuous delivery? In his session at DevOps Summit, Mark Hydar, Head of DevOps, Ericsson TV Platforms, will share best practices and provide helpful tips for Ops teams to adopt an open line of communication with the development side of the house to ensure success between the two sides.
Oct. 13, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 693
The IoT is upon us, but today’s databases, built on 30-year-old math, require multiple platforms to create a single solution. Data demands of the IoT require Big Data systems that can handle ingest, transactions and analytics concurrently adapting to varied situations as they occur, with speed at scale. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chad Jones, chief strategy officer at Deep Information Sciences, will look differently at IoT data so enterprises can fully leverage their IoT potential. He’ll share tips on how to speed up business initiatives, harness Big Data and remain one step ahead by apply...
Oct. 13, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 746
The Internet of Everything is re-shaping technology trends–moving away from “request/response” architecture to an “always-on” Streaming Web where data is in constant motion and secure, reliable communication is an absolute necessity. As more and more THINGS go online, the challenges that developers will need to address will only increase exponentially. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Todd Greene, Founder & CEO of PubNub, will explore the current state of IoT connectivity and review key trends and technology requirements that will drive the Internet of Things from hype to reality.
Oct. 13, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 318
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi's VP Business Development and Engineering, will explore the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving this change including privacy controls, data transparency and integration of real time context w...
Oct. 13, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 305
SYS-CON Events announced today that Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, will keynote at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 13, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 250
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 13, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,011
Nowadays, a large number of sensors and devices are connected to the network. Leading-edge IoT technologies integrate various types of sensor data to create a new value for several business decision scenarios. The transparent cloud is a model of a new IoT emergence service platform. Many service providers store and access various types of sensor data in order to create and find out new business values by integrating such data.
Oct. 13, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 683
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Oct. 13, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 260
There are so many tools and techniques for data analytics that even for a data scientist the choices, possible systems, and even the types of data can be daunting. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Harrold, Global CTO for Big Data Solutions for EMC Corporation, will show how to perform a simple, but meaningful analysis of social sentiment data using freely available tools that take only minutes to download and install. Participants will get the download information, scripts, and complete end-to-end walkthrough of the analysis from start to finish. Participants will also be given the pract...
Oct. 13, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 408
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, will introduce the technologies required for implementing these ideas and some early experiments performed in the Kurento open source software community in areas ...
Oct. 13, 2015 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 853
Electric power utilities face relentless pressure on their financial performance, and reducing distribution grid losses is one of the last untapped opportunities to meet their business goals. Combining IoT-enabled sensors and cloud-based data analytics, utilities now are able to find, quantify and reduce losses faster – and with a smaller IT footprint. Solutions exist using Internet-enabled sensors deployed temporarily at strategic locations within the distribution grid to measure actual line loads.
Oct. 13, 2015 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 274
“In the past year we've seen a lot of stabilization of WebRTC. You can now use it in production with a far greater degree of certainty. A lot of the real developments in the past year have been in things like the data channel, which will enable a whole new type of application," explained Peter Dunkley, Technical Director at Acision, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 12, 2015 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 7,129