|By Marketwired .||
|January 16, 2013 09:00 AM EST||
LONDON -- (Marketwire) -- 01/16/13 -- Ricoh Production Print Solutions LLC (Ricoh), a global technology company specialising in office imaging equipment, production print solutions, document management systems and IT services, today announced it will demonstrate its digital production print portfolio at Hunkeler Innovationdays. Many of these will be European debuts of the award-winning offerings. All of the solutions are aimed to help customers go beyond print by adding new value-added applications and services. Attendees at the show (in Lucerne, Switzerland, 11-15 February) will have access to Ricoh experts from around the world about new ways to grow their businesses, increase their value-added services and meet and exceed their customer demands.
At the show, Ricoh will offer visitors a wide-range of applications, software and hardware developed to help companies transform their businesses to go beyond traditional print services. This portfolio takes advantage of the internationally-recognized Ricoh ProcessDirector, which helps empower customers to ensure integrity, security and flexibility of their overall operation. From commercial to book to transactional printers, Ricoh will have solutions on display to meet the needs of every business. These include:
- InfoPrint 5000 GP - this flagship member of the InfoPrint 5000 ink jet family is designed with the needs of commercial, book and transactional printers top of mind, and will be shown for the first time in Europe with the Extended Media Dryer option. This flexible and versatile model is designed for customers that need exceptional reliability to meet tight print windows and have requirements for diverse media and stringent colour quality, with options for monochrome and on-demand MICR. Like all models in the InfoPrint 5000 family, the InfoPrint 5000 GP provides customers with configuration flexibility and a lower carbon footprint than most others on the market. By leveraging Ink Savvy, businesses can increase their ROI by tuning colour files to minimise ink consumption while maintaining the overall "look and feel" of the document. At Hunkeler Innovationdays, an Italian publisher's colour school books, as well as calendars and direct mail pieces will be printed on the InfoPrint 5000 GP leveraging the new dryer that enables an expanded range of media while increasing the perceived print quality
- InfoPrint 5000 MP Monochrome -- with a smaller footprint than the InfoPrint 5000 GP, the InfoPrint 5000 MP provides commercial and transactional printers the ability to run monochrome books, statements, manuals and other documents now, with the option to convert to colour to protect the initial investment. The high speed of InfoPrint 5000 MP Monochrome makes it an ideal choice for consolidating footprints in a print shop with multiple toner-based monochrome systems. In a hybrid configuration (InfoPrint 5000 MP Monochrome coupled with an InfoPrint 5000 GP 'Mono plus MICR' engine) it meets the need to produce monochrome jobs with MICR data. The InfoPrint 5000 MP Monochrome will be running transactional documents, books and direct mail pieces during the event
- There will be a new addition to Ricoh's award-winning cutsheet solution portfolio-Q1 2013 and this model will be on display at Hunkeler Innovationdays. This new solution will run marketing and direct mail applications at the show, demonstrating its best-in-class digital colour production capability
- Ricoh ProcessDirector Express - This newest addition to the Ricoh TotalFlow workflow suite offers customers an easy-to-use, end-to-end workflow software to manage transactional datastreams in Adobe PDF format. This solution brings the power and modularity of the proven Ricoh ProcessDirector software to mid-level customers who can now benefit from Ricoh's decades of experience with larger commercial and transactional printers. Ricoh will demonstrate mailpiece tracking via Ricoh ProcessDirector Express with its Mailroom Integrity solution integrated with scanning technology
- TotalFlow Cadence for Publishing - This new offering is a single system workflow for ultra-short run book production created to empower commercial printers and book manufacturers with a trusted and automated solution to adapt to the new trend of ultra short-run books production. It allows printers to automatically batch and gang books together based on specific customizable criteria which enables them to onboard work quickly. Customers can also monitor each title and job with automated tracking and meet job commitments and deadlines with proven integrity capabilities
- TotalFlow DocEnhancer - A plug-in for Adobe® Acrobat® X Pro, TotalFlow DocEnhancer enables printers to offer new services, such as document re-engineering and cross-media marketing to satisfy customers who need to make last-minute changes to PDF files as part of their Adobe PDF workflow process
- Digital or Offset Calculator. This new tool, free and exclusive to all members of the Ricoh Business Driver Programme, identifies which print production process is most appropriate for a particular job. Using the Digital or Offset Calculator, printers can ensure that their offset and digital presses are used in the optimal -- and most profitable -- fashion
"Print today is about transformation. Ricoh is committed to helping our customers transform their businesses to go beyond print to deliver value-added services, solutions and applications. At Hunkeler Innovationdays, Ricoh will display this commitment and show customers real-world, proven solutions that will help decrease their costs while increasing their revenues," said Sam Hosoe, associate director and deputy general manager, Ricoh Production Printing Business Group, Ricoh Company, Ltd. "For printers of all kinds and sizes, our print and beyond portfolio has solutions that can address their goals and empower businesses to quickly see true results."
For more information about Ricoh at Hunkeler Innovationdays, please visit http://bit.ly/ricohHID2013 or contact Laura Clark at [email protected] for a sales meeting with Ricoh executives. If you are a member of the media or analyst community attending and are interested in speaking with Ricoh executives at the show, contact Tracey Sheehy at [email protected].
Ricoh is a global technology company specializing in office imaging equipment, production print solutions, document management systems and IT services. Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in more than 200 countries and regions. In the financial year ending March 2012, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 1,903 billion yen (approx. 23 billion USD).
The majority of the company's revenue comes from products, solutions and services that improve the interaction between people and information. Ricoh also produces award-winning digital cameras and specialized industrial products. It is known for the quality of its technology, the exceptional standard of its customer service and sustainability initiatives.
Under its corporate tagline, imagine. change. Ricoh helps companies transform the way they work and harness the collective imagination of their employees.
For further information, please visit www.ricoh.com/about/
Tel: (212) 616-6003
Email: Email Contact
The BPM world is going through some evolution or changes where traditional business process management solutions really have nowhere to go in terms of development of the road map. In this demo at 15th Cloud Expo, Kyle Hansen, Director of Professional Services at AgilePoint, shows AgilePoint’s unique approach to dealing with this market circumstance by developing a rapid application composition or development framework.
Dec. 20, 2014 11:00 PM EST Reads: 1,302
ARMONK, N.Y., Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it is bringing a greater level of control, security and flexibility to cloud-based application development and delivery with a single-tenant version of Bluemix, IBM's platform-as-a-service. The new platform enables developers to build ap...
Dec. 20, 2014 12:30 PM EST Reads: 2,093
"BSQUARE is in the business of selling software solutions for smart connected devices. It's obvious that IoT has moved from being a technology to being a fundamental part of business, and in the last 18 months people have said let's figure out how to do it and let's put some focus on it, " explained Dave Wagstaff, VP & Chief Architect, at BSQUARE Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 20, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,959
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud strategy and programs. In this Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo (http://www.CloudComputingExpo.com), moderated by Ashar Baig, Research Director, Cloud, at Gigaom Research, Nate Gordon, Director of T...
Dec. 20, 2014 11:30 AM EST Reads: 2,390
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover how hardware commoditization, the ubiquitous nature of connectivity, and the emergence of Big Data a...
Dec. 20, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,296
SYS-CON Events announced today that Windstream, a leading provider of advanced network and cloud communications, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN), a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, phone and digital TV services to consumers primarily in rural areas.
Dec. 20, 2014 10:45 AM EST Reads: 2,244
“In the past year we've seen a lot of stabilization of WebRTC. You can now use it in production with a far greater degree of certainty. A lot of the real developments in the past year have been in things like the data channel, which will enable a whole new type of application," explained Peter Dunkley, Technical Director at Acision, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 20, 2014 08:00 AM EST Reads: 1,326
SYS-CON Events announced today that IDenticard will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IDenticard™ is the security division of Brady Corp (NYSE: BRC), a $1.5 billion manufacturer of identification products. We have small-company values with the strength and stability of a major corporation. IDenticard offers local sales, support and service to our customers across the United States and Canada. Our partner network encompasses some 300 of the world's leading systems integrators and security s...
Dec. 20, 2014 07:00 AM EST Reads: 2,131
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete at launch. DevOps may be disruptive, but it is essential.
Dec. 18, 2014 09:45 PM EST Reads: 1,153
"People are a lot more knowledgeable about APIs now. There are two types of people who work with APIs - IT people who want to use APIs for something internal and the product managers who want to do something outside APIs for people to connect to them," explained Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 18, 2014 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,360
Nigeria has the largest economy in Africa, at more than US$500 billion, and ranks 23rd in the world. A recent re-evaluation of Nigeria's true economic size doubled the previous estimate, and brought it well ahead of South Africa, which is a member (unlike Nigeria) of the G20 club for political as well as economic reasons. Nigeria's economy can be said to be quite diverse from one point of view, but heavily dependent on oil and gas at the same time. Oil and natural gas account for about 15% of Nigera's overall economy, but traditionally represent more than 90% of the country's exports and as...
Dec. 18, 2014 06:00 AM EST Reads: 898
The Internet of Things is a misnomer. That implies that everything is on the Internet, and that simply should not be - especially for things that are blurring the line between medical devices that stimulate like a pacemaker and quantified self-sensors like a pedometer or pulse tracker. The mesh of things that we manage must be segmented into zones of trust for sensing data, transmitting data, receiving command and control administrative changes, and peer-to-peer mesh messaging. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Bagnulo, Solution Architect / Software Engineer at SOA Software, focused on desi...
Dec. 17, 2014 11:15 PM EST Reads: 1,394
"At our booth we are showing how to provide trust in the Internet of Things. Trust is where everything starts to become secure and trustworthy. Now with the scaling of the Internet of Things it becomes an interesting question – I've heard numbers from 200 billion devices next year up to a trillion in the next 10 to 15 years," explained Johannes Lintzen, Vice President of Sales at Utimaco, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 17, 2014 11:00 PM EST Reads: 1,446
"For over 25 years we have been working with a lot of enterprise customers and we have seen how companies create applications. And now that we have moved to cloud computing, mobile, social and the Internet of Things, we see that the market needs a new way of creating applications," stated Jesse Shiah, CEO, President and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 17, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,435
SYS-CON Events announced today that Gridstore™, the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built to optimize Microsoft workloads, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Gridstore™ is the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built for Microsoft workloads and designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Gridstore’s hyper-converged infrastructure is the industry’s first all flash version of HyperConverged Appliances that include both compute and storag...
Dec. 17, 2014 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,356
Today’s enterprise is being driven by disruptive competitive and human capital requirements to provide enterprise application access through not only desktops, but also mobile devices. To retrofit existing programs across all these devices using traditional programming methods is very costly and time consuming – often prohibitively so. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO, President, and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., discussed how you can create applications that run on all mobile devices as well as laptops and desktops using a visual drag-and-drop application – and eForms-buildi...
Dec. 17, 2014 11:45 AM EST Reads: 1,552
We certainly live in interesting technological times. And no more interesting than the current competing IoT standards for connectivity. Various standards bodies, approaches, and ecosystems are vying for mindshare and positioning for a competitive edge. It is clear that when the dust settles, we will have new protocols, evolved protocols, that will change the way we interact with devices and infrastructure. We will also have evolved web protocols, like HTTP/2, that will be changing the very core of our infrastructures. At the same time, we have old approaches made new again like micro-services...
Dec. 16, 2014 11:45 PM EST Reads: 1,385
Code Halos - aka "digital fingerprints" - are the key organizing principle to understand a) how dumb things become smart and b) how to monetize this dynamic. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robert Brown, AVP, Center for the Future of Work at Cognizant Technology Solutions, outlined research, analysis and recommendations from his recently published book on this phenomena on the way leading edge organizations like GE and Disney are unlocking the Internet of Things opportunity and what steps your organization should be taking to position itself for the next platform of digital competition.
Dec. 15, 2014 11:45 PM EST Reads: 1,740
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Dec. 15, 2014 10:30 AM EST Reads: 6,914
As the Internet of Things unfolds, mobile and wearable devices are blurring the line between physical and digital, integrating ever more closely with our interests, our routines, our daily lives. Contextual computing and smart, sensor-equipped spaces bring the potential to walk through a world that recognizes us and responds accordingly. We become continuous transmitters and receivers of data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Bolwell, Director of Innovation for HP's Printing and Personal Systems Group, discussed how key attributes of mobile technology – touch input, sensors, social, and ...
Dec. 15, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,986