|By Business Wire||
|November 12, 2012 05:01 PM EST||
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., a market leader and award-winning innovator in consumer electronics, semiconductors and telecommunications, today announced that it won 27 prestigious International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2013 Innovations Awards. CES, the world’s largest consumer technology tradeshow held by the Consumer Electronics Association® (CEA) every year, has honored Samsung with 117 awards in the past four years.
Among the 27 CES awards for 2013, Samsung was recognized with two Best of Innovations awards and four Eco-Design honors. Products entered in the CES Innovations program are judged by a preeminent panel of independent industrial designers, engineers, and members of the media to honor outstanding design and engineering in cutting-edge consumer electronics products across 29 categories.
“Samsung continues to create superior industry-leading products, content and services,” said Y.K. Kim, president and CEO, Samsung Electronics America, Inc. “We are honored that CEA and the industry have recognized this commitment, and we look forward to demonstrating our latest product innovations at the 2013 International CES.”
Samsung Electronics’ award-winners include products in the TV, home theater system, mobile phone, tablet, home appliance, server, software, and computer component categories. All of Samsung's award-winning products will be on display during the 2013 International CES, which runs January 8-11, 2013, in Samsung booth #12004 in the Central Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center. Honorees will also be displayed at CES Unveiled: The Official Press Event of the International CES from 4-7 p.m. on Sunday, January 6 in the South Seas Ballroom C at Mandalay Bay.
Many of the winning products will be first unveiled at Samsung’s CES press conference, scheduled for 2 p.m. on Monday January 7, 2013. The following are additional details for some of the award recipients:
Samsung received two Best of Innovation Awards for its 85-inch UHD TV and Samsung Smart TV Camera.
- Samsung’s 85-inch UHD TV, the world’s largest commercialized UHD LED TV, boasts life-like picture quality in ultra HD resolution with over 8 million pixels, four times the resolution of Full HD displays. Samsung’s UHD TV uses an innovative enhanced dimming technology and a very high contrast ratio to deliver deep, real blacks and pure whites for greater detail and unmatched picture clarity. This new, cutting-edge TV also offers a powerful and dynamic range of sounds.
- Samsung Smart TV Camera supports full HD resolution and enables Smart Interaction features such as Gesture Control and Face Recognition when it is attached to Smart TVs without built-in cameras.
- Samsung’s 2013 Smart LED TV 7500 and 8000 Series, as well as its OLED TV were recognized as 2013 Design and Engineering Award honorees.
- The Samsung EX2F SMART Compact Camera packs enough punch to impress even the most discerning shutterbugs, with premium image quality and performance, full manual control in a strong yet lightweight magnesium body, and robust wireless connectivity
- The Samsung Induction Range with Flex Cookzone makes cooking easier with a flexible cooking surface which accommodates pots or griddles that would not fit on a standard-sized heating surface. It also features a boil sensor which helps eliminate boil-overs by alerting the user or automatically reducing heat to a pre-set level.
- The Samsung Galaxy S III is the third generation of Samsung’s iconic and highly successful Galaxy S line of smartphones.
- The Samsung Galaxy Note™ II revitalizes the large screen smartphone category with a redesigned S Pen, 5.5-inch display, and quad-core Exynos processor for enhanced performance, productivity, and power.
- The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 redefines the tablet experience by offering content creation capabilities with its S-pen, true multitasking with the unique multi-screen capability, and unparalleled performance with a 1.4 Ghz quad-core processor.
- Samsung’s TecTiles™ programmable NFC stickers and the TecTiles™ programming mobile application work together to help consumers integrate NFC technology into their daily lives.
- The Samsung Series 9 Premium Ultrabook combines power and speed with a stunning display and sophisticated design into an unparalleled and amazingly lightweight device.
- The Samsung CLP-365W Laser Color Printer is perfect for personal or small-business use with amazing color and wireless capabilities in a compact ergonomic design.
- The Samsung NL22B LCD Transparent Display is the ultimate retail product showcase with a 22-inch LCD transparent display case in a single, powerful package.
- Samsung’s 2GB LPDDR3 Mobile DRAM Chip is an extremely fast performing memory solution for high-end smartphones, tablets, and other mobile applications. With a data transfer speed of up to 1600 Mbps, it provides optimal overall system performance to mobile device users including supporting full HD video content in real-time.
- Samsung’s 64GB MicroSD Memory Card is designed to meet the security, capacity, performance and environmental requirements of leading-edge audio and video consumer devices. The memory card can record up to 96 hours of HD video, store up to 60,000 photos in a single session and provide up to 50,000 hours of music. Samsung’s 64GB microSD card generates the highest random speeds in the industry (1,800 random read inputs/outputs per second and 500 random write IOPS).
- The Samsung Exynos 5 Dual is the world’s first ARM Cortex A-15 Dual Core application processor. Using 32nm HKMG (High-K Metal Gate) process technology, the 1.7 GHz dual core Exynos 5 Dual brings unmatched performance to leading mobile devices while maintaining low power consumption. Consumers using mobile products with the Exynos 5 Dual will enjoy super fast devices with a beautiful high resolution WQXGA user interface.
As part of Samsung’s PlanetFirst™ initiative, a commitment to become one of the world’s most environmentally friendly companies by 2013, Samsung has a dedicated goal to develop environmentally friendly products and building green manufacturing sites. In its latest effort to support that commitment Samsung received four Eco-Design awards which include:
- The Samsung Green DDR3 64GB LRDIMM - a highly advanced memory module designed for server systems used to support the infrastructure of a wide variety of server applications. It delivers the highest memory performance available today for servers (1333 Mbps) and at its highest density enables extremely high capacity (3TB) memory configurations for four-way server systems. Operating with a voltage of 1.35V, according to Samsung tests it provides an average 70% power savings (per unit density) over a 50nm class equivalent, 1.5V DDR3-based RDIMM.
About the CES 2013 Innovation Awards
Sponsored by the CEA, the prestigious Innovations Design and Engineering Awards have been recognizing achievements in product design and engineering since 1976. The CES Innovation entries are judged based on the following criteria:
- Engineering qualities, based on technical specs and materials used
- Aesthetic and design qualities, using photos provided
- The product’s intended use/function and user value
- Unique/novel features that consumers would find attractive
- How the design and innovation of the product compares to other products in the marketplace
Products chosen as Innovations Honorees reflect innovative design and engineering of the entries. Examples may include the first time various technologies are combined in a single product or dramatic enhancements to previous product designs.
Innovations 2013 Design and Engineering honoree products are featured on http://cesweb.org/Awards/CES-Innovations-Awards.aspx, which lists product categories, as well as each product name, manufacturer information, designer, description, photo and URL.
About Samsung Electronics North America
Samsung Electronics North America (NAHQ), based in Ridgefield Park, NJ, is an arm of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. The company markets a broad range of award-winning consumer electronics, information systems, and home appliance products, as well as oversees all of Samsung’s North American brand management including Samsung Electronics America, Inc., Samsung Telecommunications America, LP, Samsung Electronics Canada, Inc., and Samsung Electronics Mexico, Inc. As a result of its commitment to innovation and unique design, Samsung is one of the most decorated brands in the electronics industry. The company was ranked #9 in Interbrand’s “Best Global Brands” report and named as one of Fast Company’s “Top 10” Consumer Electronics Companies of 2012. For more information, please visit www.samsung.com. You can also Fan Samsung onwww.facebook.com/SamsungUSA or follow Samsung via Twitter @SamsungTweets.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in semiconductor, telecommunication, digital media and digital convergence technologies with 2010 consolidated sales of US$135.8 billion. Employing approximately 190,500 people in 206 offices across 68 countries, the company consists of nine independently operated business units: Visual Display, Mobile Communications, Telecommunication Systems, Digital Appliances, IT Solutions, Digital Imaging, Memory, System LSI and LCD. Recognized as one of the fastest growing global brands, Samsung Electronics is a leading producer of digital TVs, semiconductor chips, mobile phones and TFT-LCDs. For more information, please visit www.samsung.com.
The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) unites 2,200 companies within the consumer technology industry. Members tap into valuable and innovative members-only resources: unparalleled market research, networking opportunities with business advocates and leaders, up-to-date educational programs and technical training, exposure in extensive promotional programs, and representation from the voice of the industry, CEA, promoting and advancing member needs and interests. Find CEA online at www.CE.org.
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Sep. 24, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,631
SYS-CON Events announced today the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp, being held November 1-2, 2016, in conjunction with 19th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp is not just based on presentations but with hands-on demos and detailed walkthroughs. We will introduce you to a variety of real world use cases prototyped using Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Spark, and Intel Edison. Y...
Sep. 24, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,761
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Sep. 24, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,457
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at EMC, will introduce a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organizati...
Sep. 24, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,572
If you’re responsible for an application that depends on the data or functionality of various IoT endpoints – either sensors or devices – your brand reputation depends on the security, reliability, and compliance of its many integrated parts. If your application fails to deliver the expected business results, your customers and partners won't care if that failure stems from the code you developed or from a component that you integrated. What can you do to ensure that the endpoints work as expect...
Sep. 24, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,493
The vision of a connected smart home is becoming reality with the application of integrated wireless technologies in devices and appliances. The use of standardized and TCP/IP networked wireless technologies in line-powered and battery operated sensors and controls has led to the adoption of radios in the 2.4GHz band, including Wi-Fi, BT/BLE and 802.15.4 applied ZigBee and Thread. This is driving the need for robust wireless coexistence for multiple radios to ensure throughput performance and th...
Sep. 24, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,419
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Sep. 24, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,015
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Sep. 24, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,181
SYS-CON Events announced today that China Unicom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. China United Network Communications Group Co. Ltd ("China Unicom") was officially established in 2009 on the basis of the merger of former China Netcom and former China Unicom. China Unicom mainly operates a full range of telecommunications services including mobile broadband (GSM, WCDMA, LTE F...
Sep. 24, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,671
Enterprise IT has been in the era of Hybrid Cloud for some time now. But it seems most conversations about Hybrid are focused on integrating AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google ECM into existing on-premises systems. Where is all the Private Cloud? What do technology providers need to do to make their offerings more compelling? How should enterprise IT executives and buyers define their focus, needs, and roadmap, and communicate that clearly to the providers?
Sep. 24, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,472
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Sep. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 747
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace.
Sep. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 734
Digital innovation is the next big wave of business transformation based on digital technologies of which IoT and Big Data are key components, For example: Business boundary innovation is a challenge to excavate third-party business value using IoT and BigData, like Nest Business structure innovation may propose re-building business structure from scratch, as Uber does in the taxicab industry The social model innovation is also a big challenge to the new social architecture with the design fr...
Sep. 24, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,017
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pulzze Systems will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Pulzze Systems, Inc. provides infrastructure products for the Internet of Things to enable any connected device and system to carry out matched operations without programming. For more information, visit http://www.pulzzesystems.com.
Sep. 24, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,716
IoT is fundamentally transforming the auto industry, turning the vehicle into a hub for connected services, including safety, infotainment and usage-based insurance. Auto manufacturers – and businesses across all verticals – have built an entire ecosystem around the Connected Car, creating new customer touch points and revenue streams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Macario Namie, Head of IoT Strategy at Cisco Jasper, will share real-world examples of how IoT transforms the car from a static p...
Sep. 24, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,466
Big Data has been changing the world. IoT fuels the further transformation recently. How are Big Data and IoT related? In his session at @BigDataExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will explore the interplay of Big Data and IoT. He will anatomize Big Data and IoT separately in terms of what, which, why, where, when, who, how and how much. He will then analyze the relationship between IoT and Big Data, specifically the drilldown of how the 4Vs of Big Data (Volume, Variety,...
Sep. 24, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 896
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the protocols that communicate data and the emerging data analy...
Sep. 24, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,516
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, will discuss how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your...
Sep. 24, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 754
WebRTC adoption has generated a wave of creative uses of communications and collaboration through websites, sales apps, customer care and business applications. As WebRTC has become more mainstream it has evolved to use cases beyond the original peer-to-peer case, which has led to a repeating requirement for interoperability with existing infrastructures. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Graham Holt, Executive Vice President of Daitan Group, will cover implementation examples that have enabled ea...
Sep. 24, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,466
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Sep. 24, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,313