|By Business Wire||
|November 12, 2012 05:01 PM EST||
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., a market leader and award-winning innovator in consumer electronics, semiconductors and telecommunications, today announced that it won 27 prestigious International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2013 Innovations Awards. CES, the world’s largest consumer technology tradeshow held by the Consumer Electronics Association® (CEA) every year, has honored Samsung with 117 awards in the past four years.
Among the 27 CES awards for 2013, Samsung was recognized with two Best of Innovations awards and four Eco-Design honors. Products entered in the CES Innovations program are judged by a preeminent panel of independent industrial designers, engineers, and members of the media to honor outstanding design and engineering in cutting-edge consumer electronics products across 29 categories.
“Samsung continues to create superior industry-leading products, content and services,” said Y.K. Kim, president and CEO, Samsung Electronics America, Inc. “We are honored that CEA and the industry have recognized this commitment, and we look forward to demonstrating our latest product innovations at the 2013 International CES.”
Samsung Electronics’ award-winners include products in the TV, home theater system, mobile phone, tablet, home appliance, server, software, and computer component categories. All of Samsung's award-winning products will be on display during the 2013 International CES, which runs January 8-11, 2013, in Samsung booth #12004 in the Central Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center. Honorees will also be displayed at CES Unveiled: The Official Press Event of the International CES from 4-7 p.m. on Sunday, January 6 in the South Seas Ballroom C at Mandalay Bay.
Many of the winning products will be first unveiled at Samsung’s CES press conference, scheduled for 2 p.m. on Monday January 7, 2013. The following are additional details for some of the award recipients:
Samsung received two Best of Innovation Awards for its 85-inch UHD TV and Samsung Smart TV Camera.
- Samsung’s 85-inch UHD TV, the world’s largest commercialized UHD LED TV, boasts life-like picture quality in ultra HD resolution with over 8 million pixels, four times the resolution of Full HD displays. Samsung’s UHD TV uses an innovative enhanced dimming technology and a very high contrast ratio to deliver deep, real blacks and pure whites for greater detail and unmatched picture clarity. This new, cutting-edge TV also offers a powerful and dynamic range of sounds.
- Samsung Smart TV Camera supports full HD resolution and enables Smart Interaction features such as Gesture Control and Face Recognition when it is attached to Smart TVs without built-in cameras.
- Samsung’s 2013 Smart LED TV 7500 and 8000 Series, as well as its OLED TV were recognized as 2013 Design and Engineering Award honorees.
- The Samsung EX2F SMART Compact Camera packs enough punch to impress even the most discerning shutterbugs, with premium image quality and performance, full manual control in a strong yet lightweight magnesium body, and robust wireless connectivity
- The Samsung Induction Range with Flex Cookzone makes cooking easier with a flexible cooking surface which accommodates pots or griddles that would not fit on a standard-sized heating surface. It also features a boil sensor which helps eliminate boil-overs by alerting the user or automatically reducing heat to a pre-set level.
- The Samsung Galaxy S III is the third generation of Samsung’s iconic and highly successful Galaxy S line of smartphones.
- The Samsung Galaxy Note™ II revitalizes the large screen smartphone category with a redesigned S Pen, 5.5-inch display, and quad-core Exynos processor for enhanced performance, productivity, and power.
- The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 redefines the tablet experience by offering content creation capabilities with its S-pen, true multitasking with the unique multi-screen capability, and unparalleled performance with a 1.4 Ghz quad-core processor.
- Samsung’s TecTiles™ programmable NFC stickers and the TecTiles™ programming mobile application work together to help consumers integrate NFC technology into their daily lives.
- The Samsung Series 9 Premium Ultrabook combines power and speed with a stunning display and sophisticated design into an unparalleled and amazingly lightweight device.
- The Samsung CLP-365W Laser Color Printer is perfect for personal or small-business use with amazing color and wireless capabilities in a compact ergonomic design.
- The Samsung NL22B LCD Transparent Display is the ultimate retail product showcase with a 22-inch LCD transparent display case in a single, powerful package.
- Samsung’s 2GB LPDDR3 Mobile DRAM Chip is an extremely fast performing memory solution for high-end smartphones, tablets, and other mobile applications. With a data transfer speed of up to 1600 Mbps, it provides optimal overall system performance to mobile device users including supporting full HD video content in real-time.
- Samsung’s 64GB MicroSD Memory Card is designed to meet the security, capacity, performance and environmental requirements of leading-edge audio and video consumer devices. The memory card can record up to 96 hours of HD video, store up to 60,000 photos in a single session and provide up to 50,000 hours of music. Samsung’s 64GB microSD card generates the highest random speeds in the industry (1,800 random read inputs/outputs per second and 500 random write IOPS).
- The Samsung Exynos 5 Dual is the world’s first ARM Cortex A-15 Dual Core application processor. Using 32nm HKMG (High-K Metal Gate) process technology, the 1.7 GHz dual core Exynos 5 Dual brings unmatched performance to leading mobile devices while maintaining low power consumption. Consumers using mobile products with the Exynos 5 Dual will enjoy super fast devices with a beautiful high resolution WQXGA user interface.
As part of Samsung’s PlanetFirst™ initiative, a commitment to become one of the world’s most environmentally friendly companies by 2013, Samsung has a dedicated goal to develop environmentally friendly products and building green manufacturing sites. In its latest effort to support that commitment Samsung received four Eco-Design awards which include:
- The Samsung Green DDR3 64GB LRDIMM - a highly advanced memory module designed for server systems used to support the infrastructure of a wide variety of server applications. It delivers the highest memory performance available today for servers (1333 Mbps) and at its highest density enables extremely high capacity (3TB) memory configurations for four-way server systems. Operating with a voltage of 1.35V, according to Samsung tests it provides an average 70% power savings (per unit density) over a 50nm class equivalent, 1.5V DDR3-based RDIMM.
About the CES 2013 Innovation Awards
Sponsored by the CEA, the prestigious Innovations Design and Engineering Awards have been recognizing achievements in product design and engineering since 1976. The CES Innovation entries are judged based on the following criteria:
- Engineering qualities, based on technical specs and materials used
- Aesthetic and design qualities, using photos provided
- The product’s intended use/function and user value
- Unique/novel features that consumers would find attractive
- How the design and innovation of the product compares to other products in the marketplace
Products chosen as Innovations Honorees reflect innovative design and engineering of the entries. Examples may include the first time various technologies are combined in a single product or dramatic enhancements to previous product designs.
Innovations 2013 Design and Engineering honoree products are featured on http://cesweb.org/Awards/CES-Innovations-Awards.aspx, which lists product categories, as well as each product name, manufacturer information, designer, description, photo and URL.
About Samsung Electronics North America
Samsung Electronics North America (NAHQ), based in Ridgefield Park, NJ, is an arm of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. The company markets a broad range of award-winning consumer electronics, information systems, and home appliance products, as well as oversees all of Samsung’s North American brand management including Samsung Electronics America, Inc., Samsung Telecommunications America, LP, Samsung Electronics Canada, Inc., and Samsung Electronics Mexico, Inc. As a result of its commitment to innovation and unique design, Samsung is one of the most decorated brands in the electronics industry. The company was ranked #9 in Interbrand’s “Best Global Brands” report and named as one of Fast Company’s “Top 10” Consumer Electronics Companies of 2012. For more information, please visit www.samsung.com. You can also Fan Samsung onwww.facebook.com/SamsungUSA or follow Samsung via Twitter @SamsungTweets.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in semiconductor, telecommunication, digital media and digital convergence technologies with 2010 consolidated sales of US$135.8 billion. Employing approximately 190,500 people in 206 offices across 68 countries, the company consists of nine independently operated business units: Visual Display, Mobile Communications, Telecommunication Systems, Digital Appliances, IT Solutions, Digital Imaging, Memory, System LSI and LCD. Recognized as one of the fastest growing global brands, Samsung Electronics is a leading producer of digital TVs, semiconductor chips, mobile phones and TFT-LCDs. For more information, please visit www.samsung.com.
The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) unites 2,200 companies within the consumer technology industry. Members tap into valuable and innovative members-only resources: unparalleled market research, networking opportunities with business advocates and leaders, up-to-date educational programs and technical training, exposure in extensive promotional programs, and representation from the voice of the industry, CEA, promoting and advancing member needs and interests. Find CEA online at www.CE.org.
Donna Yasay, President of HomeGrid Forum, today discussed with a panel of technology peers how certification programs are at the forefront of interoperability, and the answer for vendors looking to keep up with today's growing industry for smart home innovation. "To ensure multi-vendor interoperability, accredited industry certification programs should be used for every product to provide credibility and quality assurance for retail and carrier based customers looking to add ever increasing num...
Oct. 27, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 750
In the next forty months – just over three years – businesses will undergo extraordinary changes. The exponential growth of digitization and machine learning will see a step function change in how businesses create value, satisfy customers, and outperform their competition. In the next forty months companies will take the actions that will see them get to the next level of the game called Capitalism. Or they won’t – game over. The winners of today and tomorrow think differently, follow different...
Oct. 27, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,110
“Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CloudBerry Backup is a leading cross-platform cloud backup and disaster recovery solution integrated with major public cloud services, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
Oct. 27, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,505
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, will discuss how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team a...
Oct. 27, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 719
The security needs of IoT environments require a strong, proven approach to maintain security, trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vic...
Oct. 27, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,830
What are the successful IoT innovations from emerging markets? What are the unique challenges and opportunities from these markets? How did the constraints in connectivity among others lead to groundbreaking insights? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Carmen Feliciano, a Principal at AMDG, will answer all these questions and share how you can apply IoT best practices and frameworks from the emerging markets to your own business.
Oct. 27, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,689
Big Data has been changing the world. IoT fuels the further transformation recently. How are Big Data and IoT related? In his session at @BigDataExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will explore the interplay of Big Data and IoT. He will anatomize Big Data and IoT separately in terms of what, which, why, where, when, who, how and how much. He will then analyze the relationship between IoT and Big Data, specifically the drilldown of how the 4Vs of Big Data (Volume, Variety,...
Oct. 27, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,591
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftNet Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SoftNet Solutions specializes in Enterprise Solutions for Hadoop and Big Data. It offers customers the most open, robust, and value-conscious portfolio of solutions, services, and tools for the shortest route to success with Big Data. The unique differentiator is the ability to architect and ...
Oct. 27, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,125
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Oct. 27, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,257
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm ...
Oct. 27, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,963
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Oct. 27, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,145
A completely new computing platform is on the horizon. They’re called Microservers by some, ARM Servers by others, and sometimes even ARM-based Servers. No matter what you call them, Microservers will have a huge impact on the data center and on server computing in general. Although few people are familiar with Microservers today, their impact will be felt very soon. This is a new category of computing platform that is available today and is predicted to have triple-digit growth rates for some ...
Oct. 27, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 34,301
Almost everyone sees the potential of Internet of Things but how can businesses truly unlock that potential. The key will be in the ability to discover business insight in the midst of an ocean of Big Data generated from billions of embedded devices via Systems of Discover. Businesses will also need to ensure that they can sustain that insight by leveraging the cloud for global reach, scale and elasticity.
Oct. 27, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 11,133
In past @ThingsExpo presentations, Joseph di Paolantonio has explored how various Internet of Things (IoT) and data management and analytics (DMA) solution spaces will come together as sensor analytics ecosystems. This year, in his session at @ThingsExpo, Joseph di Paolantonio from DataArchon, will be adding the numerous Transportation areas, from autonomous vehicles to “Uber for containers.” While IoT data in any one area of Transportation will have a huge impact in that area, combining sensor...
Oct. 27, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,120
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Oct. 26, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 9,760
Most people haven’t heard the word, “gamification,” even though they probably, and perhaps unwittingly, participate in it every day. Gamification is “the process of adding games or game-like elements to something (as a task) so as to encourage participation.” Further, gamification is about bringing game mechanics – rules, constructs, processes, and methods – into the real world in an effort to engage people. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robert Endo, owner and engagement manager of Intrepid D...
Oct. 26, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 9,916
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Oct. 26, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,926
SYS-CON Events announced today that CDS Global Cloud, an Infrastructure as a Service provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CDS Global Cloud is an IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) provider specializing in solutions for e-commerce, internet gaming, online education and other internet applications. With a growing number of data centers and network points around the world, ...
Oct. 26, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,671
Established in 1998, Calsoft is a leading software product engineering Services Company specializing in Storage, Networking, Virtualization and Cloud business verticals. Calsoft provides End-to-End Product Development, Quality Assurance Sustenance, Solution Engineering and Professional Services expertise to assist customers in achieving their product development and business goals. The company's deep domain knowledge of Storage, Virtualization, Networking and Cloud verticals helps in delivering ...
Oct. 26, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,142
SYS-CON Events announced today that Transparent Cloud Computing (T-Cloud) Consortium will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The Transparent Cloud Computing Consortium (T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data proces...
Oct. 26, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,482