|By Marketwired .||
|October 11, 2012 08:01 AM EDT||
REDWOOD CITY, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/11/12 --
Core News Facts:
- Bunchball, the pioneer and market leader in gamification, today welcomed three leading talent management and technology executives to a new Bunchball Advisory Board created to expedite the company's entry into new markets and expansion within existing ones.
- Oracle's Jason Blessing, Atlassian's Jeffrey Diana, and Heidrick & Struggles' Kelly Kay all joined the Bunchball Advisory Board.
- The Bunchball Advisory Board will meet regularly to explore strategies aimed at extending Bunchball's leadership as a provider of gamification solutions for enterprises, media and entertainment companies, and consumer products companies.
- Their efforts augment Bunchball's existing Customer Advisory Board (CAB), whose members help shape product strategy by ensuring future releases of Bunchball solutions meet the ever-changing gamification needs of enterprises and tie into trends in how people work, consume entertainment, and engage with companies.
- Jason Blessing recently joined Oracle when it acquired Taleo. As senior vice president of product development, Blessing oversees the product strategy and development of Oracle's cloud-based talent management applications. At Taleo, Blessing was executive vice president of products and technology, and in that role he managed the company's entire product strategy, development and production. Prior to this position, he was group vice president and general manager of Taleo's small and medium business unit with global responsibility for sales, marketing, services and products. During his tenure, Taleo Business Edition became the most widely adopted talent management platform in the world for SMBs with more than 5,000 customers. Before joining Taleo, Blessing held senior management roles at Price Waterhouse, PeopleSoft, and Oracle. He holds a degree from the University of Michigan.
- Jeffrey Diana is a builder of world class HR organizations. He recently was named chief people officer of development software provider Atlassian. Diana's focus is to enable the Australia-based company to scale its workforce globally. For the past two years, Diana was chief people officer at SuccessFactors, which was acquired by SAP in February. There he built an HR organization from scratch, helping the company triple in size and establish a global footprint. He previously was chief HR officer at online travel giant Expedia and at Safeco Insurance, a $6.5 billion market leader. From 1997 to 2005, he held senior HR management roles at General Electric and Bellsouth. Diana has master's degrees in HR management and sociology from the University of South Carolina and a bachelor's in American studies from Tufts.
- Kelly O. Kay is the global managing partner of the Software Practice at Heidrick & Struggles, the world's first leadership advisory firm. He conducts worldwide searches for technology companies, focusing on board, CEO and sales and marketing officers. Kay also leads the firm's Marketing, Sales & Strategy Officers Practice for technology companies on the West Coast. Previously, Kay was a managing partner with a leading boutique retained executive search firm in Silicon Valley, and was a partner at the Center for Corporate Innovation (CCI), a nationwide CEO and CFO development, strategy and networking organization sponsored by McKinsey & Co. His career has also included successful stints as a senior executive at a variety of management consulting firms, in addition to sales and management roles at IBM. He has a bachelor's degree in marketing from the University of San Francisco and a MBA from the Marshall School of Business at the University of Southern California.
Attributable to Jason Blessing
"We are finally seeing the consumerization of enterprise software after years and years of talking about it. This is having a dramatic impact on the usability of enterprise software, and on the corresponding value that customers are getting from their investments. If anything exemplifies the trend of the consumerization of enterprise software, it's gamification, and it's a privilege for me to be involved with the pioneer of gamification and the market leader."
Attributable to Jeffrey Diana
"Throughout my career, I've focused on building the most productive and engaged workforces in the world. Achieving that requires an understanding of what really drives people to be their best. At its core, this is what gamification is all about, and that's why I'm pleased to serve with Jason and Kelly on the Bunchball Advisory Board. This is an exciting opportunity to reshape how companies in all kinds of industries inspire and motivate people."
Attributable to Kelly Kay
"Bunchball is the clear market leader in gamification, and in this role, Bunchball is changing the art and science of enterprise loyalty and customer engagement. I'm privileged to be associated with Bunchball's community of investors, its Board of Directors, and its management team -- all of whom are highly regarded in their respective fields. I look forward to helping Bunchball explore ways to apply its game-changing best practices to more markets."
Attributable to Jim Scullion, CEO, Bunchball
"In the next two years, 70 percent of Global 2000 organizations will gamify at least one application, according to Gartner.(1) We're delighted to have Jason, Jeff and Kelly serve as strategic advisors as we work to penetrate that 70 percent. Together, these three proven executives have the insights we need to understand how to capture new markets and to drill deeper into those we're already pursuing."
Bunchball is the market leader and visionary in gamification. Powering the Engaged Enterprise, Bunchball enables organizations to improve business performance throughout their ecosystem by creating highly active and loyal customers, employees, and partners. Bunchball's comprehensive suite of innovative cloud-based solutions empowers companies to engage and motivate, leading to improved employee productivity, customer loyalty and ROI. Bunchball's world-class customers include Adobe, HP, Cisco, Warner Bros., Comcast, LiveOps, VMware and Hasbro. Based in Silicon Valley, Bunchball's investors include Granite Ventures, Triangle Peak Partners, Northport Investments, and Correlation Ventures. For more information, visit www.bunchball.com, our blog at www.gamification.com, or follow @bunchball.
(1) Gartner research finding from 2011
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2119506
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2119508
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2119503
Inner Circle Labs
Email: [email protected]
"delaPlex is a software development company. We do team-based outsourcing development," explained Mark Rivers, COO and Co-founder of delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jun. 28, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 415
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effi...
Jun. 28, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 363
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. He cited examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He also highlighted how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable ...
Jun. 28, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 366
There are several IoTs: the Industrial Internet, Consumer Wearables, Wearables and Healthcare, Supply Chains, and the movement toward Smart Grids, Cities, Regions, and Nations. There are competing communications standards every step of the way, a bewildering array of sensors and devices, and an entire world of competing data analytics platforms. To some this appears to be chaos. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate a...
Jun. 28, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 913
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Jun. 28, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,153
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to imp...
Jun. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 838
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jun. 28, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 971
Connected devices and the industrial internet are growing exponentially every year with Cisco expecting 50 billion devices to be in operation by 2020. In this period of growth, location-based insights are becoming invaluable to many businesses as they adopt new connected technologies. Knowing when and where these devices connect from is critical for a number of scenarios in supply chain management, disaster management, emergency response, M2M, location marketing and more. In his session at @Th...
Jun. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,184
Basho Technologies has announced the latest release of Basho Riak TS, version 1.3. Riak TS is an enterprise-grade NoSQL database optimized for Internet of Things (IoT). The open source version enables developers to download the software for free and use it in production as well as make contributions to the code and develop applications around Riak TS. Enhancements to Riak TS make it quick, easy and cost-effective to spin up an instance to test new ideas and build IoT applications. In addition to...
Jun. 28, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 548
When people aren’t talking about VMs and containers, they’re talking about serverless architecture. Serverless is about no maintenance. It means you are not worried about low-level infrastructural and operational details. An event-driven serverless platform is a great use case for IoT. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Animesh Singh, an STSM and Lead for IBM Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, will detail how to build a distributed serverless, polyglot, microservices framework using open source tec...
Jun. 28, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 479
Apixio Inc. has raised $19.3 million in Series D venture capital funding led by SSM Partners with participation from First Analysis, Bain Capital Ventures and Apixio’s largest angel investor. Apixio will dedicate the proceeds toward advancing and scaling products powered by its cognitive computing platform, further enabling insights for optimal patient care. The Series D funding comes as Apixio experiences strong momentum and increasing demand for its HCC Profiler solution, which mines unstruc...
Jun. 28, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 432
IoT offers a value of almost $4 trillion to the manufacturing industry through platforms that can improve margins, optimize operations & drive high performance work teams. By using IoT technologies as a foundation, manufacturing customers are integrating worker safety with manufacturing systems, driving deep collaboration and utilizing analytics to exponentially increased per-unit margins. However, as Benoit Lheureux, the VP for Research at Gartner points out, “IoT project implementers often ...
Jun. 28, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 465
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his Day 2 Keynote at @ThingsExpo, Henrik Kenani Dahlgren, Portfolio Marketing Manager at Ericsson, discussed how to plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change t...
Jun. 28, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,314
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Jun. 28, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,246
Presidio has received the 2015 EMC Partner Services Quality Award from EMC Corporation for achieving outstanding service excellence and customer satisfaction as measured by the EMC Partner Services Quality (PSQ) program. Presidio was also honored as the 2015 EMC Americas Marketing Excellence Partner of the Year and 2015 Mid-Market East Partner of the Year. The EMC PSQ program is a project-specific survey program designed for partners with Service Partner designations to solicit customer feedbac...
Jun. 28, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 499
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Jun. 28, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,367
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Jun. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,360
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Jun. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,273
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Jun. 26, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,327
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Jun. 26, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,410