|By Marketwired .||
|October 11, 2012 08:01 AM EDT||
REDWOOD CITY, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/11/12 --
Core News Facts:
- Bunchball, the pioneer and market leader in gamification, today welcomed three leading talent management and technology executives to a new Bunchball Advisory Board created to expedite the company's entry into new markets and expansion within existing ones.
- Oracle's Jason Blessing, Atlassian's Jeffrey Diana, and Heidrick & Struggles' Kelly Kay all joined the Bunchball Advisory Board.
- The Bunchball Advisory Board will meet regularly to explore strategies aimed at extending Bunchball's leadership as a provider of gamification solutions for enterprises, media and entertainment companies, and consumer products companies.
- Their efforts augment Bunchball's existing Customer Advisory Board (CAB), whose members help shape product strategy by ensuring future releases of Bunchball solutions meet the ever-changing gamification needs of enterprises and tie into trends in how people work, consume entertainment, and engage with companies.
- Jason Blessing recently joined Oracle when it acquired Taleo. As senior vice president of product development, Blessing oversees the product strategy and development of Oracle's cloud-based talent management applications. At Taleo, Blessing was executive vice president of products and technology, and in that role he managed the company's entire product strategy, development and production. Prior to this position, he was group vice president and general manager of Taleo's small and medium business unit with global responsibility for sales, marketing, services and products. During his tenure, Taleo Business Edition became the most widely adopted talent management platform in the world for SMBs with more than 5,000 customers. Before joining Taleo, Blessing held senior management roles at Price Waterhouse, PeopleSoft, and Oracle. He holds a degree from the University of Michigan.
- Jeffrey Diana is a builder of world class HR organizations. He recently was named chief people officer of development software provider Atlassian. Diana's focus is to enable the Australia-based company to scale its workforce globally. For the past two years, Diana was chief people officer at SuccessFactors, which was acquired by SAP in February. There he built an HR organization from scratch, helping the company triple in size and establish a global footprint. He previously was chief HR officer at online travel giant Expedia and at Safeco Insurance, a $6.5 billion market leader. From 1997 to 2005, he held senior HR management roles at General Electric and Bellsouth. Diana has master's degrees in HR management and sociology from the University of South Carolina and a bachelor's in American studies from Tufts.
- Kelly O. Kay is the global managing partner of the Software Practice at Heidrick & Struggles, the world's first leadership advisory firm. He conducts worldwide searches for technology companies, focusing on board, CEO and sales and marketing officers. Kay also leads the firm's Marketing, Sales & Strategy Officers Practice for technology companies on the West Coast. Previously, Kay was a managing partner with a leading boutique retained executive search firm in Silicon Valley, and was a partner at the Center for Corporate Innovation (CCI), a nationwide CEO and CFO development, strategy and networking organization sponsored by McKinsey & Co. His career has also included successful stints as a senior executive at a variety of management consulting firms, in addition to sales and management roles at IBM. He has a bachelor's degree in marketing from the University of San Francisco and a MBA from the Marshall School of Business at the University of Southern California.
Attributable to Jason Blessing
"We are finally seeing the consumerization of enterprise software after years and years of talking about it. This is having a dramatic impact on the usability of enterprise software, and on the corresponding value that customers are getting from their investments. If anything exemplifies the trend of the consumerization of enterprise software, it's gamification, and it's a privilege for me to be involved with the pioneer of gamification and the market leader."
Attributable to Jeffrey Diana
"Throughout my career, I've focused on building the most productive and engaged workforces in the world. Achieving that requires an understanding of what really drives people to be their best. At its core, this is what gamification is all about, and that's why I'm pleased to serve with Jason and Kelly on the Bunchball Advisory Board. This is an exciting opportunity to reshape how companies in all kinds of industries inspire and motivate people."
Attributable to Kelly Kay
"Bunchball is the clear market leader in gamification, and in this role, Bunchball is changing the art and science of enterprise loyalty and customer engagement. I'm privileged to be associated with Bunchball's community of investors, its Board of Directors, and its management team -- all of whom are highly regarded in their respective fields. I look forward to helping Bunchball explore ways to apply its game-changing best practices to more markets."
Attributable to Jim Scullion, CEO, Bunchball
"In the next two years, 70 percent of Global 2000 organizations will gamify at least one application, according to Gartner.(1) We're delighted to have Jason, Jeff and Kelly serve as strategic advisors as we work to penetrate that 70 percent. Together, these three proven executives have the insights we need to understand how to capture new markets and to drill deeper into those we're already pursuing."
Bunchball is the market leader and visionary in gamification. Powering the Engaged Enterprise, Bunchball enables organizations to improve business performance throughout their ecosystem by creating highly active and loyal customers, employees, and partners. Bunchball's comprehensive suite of innovative cloud-based solutions empowers companies to engage and motivate, leading to improved employee productivity, customer loyalty and ROI. Bunchball's world-class customers include Adobe, HP, Cisco, Warner Bros., Comcast, LiveOps, VMware and Hasbro. Based in Silicon Valley, Bunchball's investors include Granite Ventures, Triangle Peak Partners, Northport Investments, and Correlation Ventures. For more information, visit www.bunchball.com, our blog at www.gamification.com, or follow @bunchball.
(1) Gartner research finding from 2011
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2119506
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2119508
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2119503
Inner Circle Labs
Email: [email protected]
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Dec. 4, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 2,159
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Onalytica. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Dec. 4, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 2,023
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 4, 2016 06:00 PM EST Reads: 1,530
"IoT is going to be a huge industry with a lot of value for end users, for industries, for consumers, for manufacturers. How can we use cloud to effectively manage IoT applications," stated Ian Khan, Innovation & Marketing Manager at Solgeniakhela, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 4, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 4,151
"We're a cybersecurity firm that specializes in engineering security solutions both at the software and hardware level. Security cannot be an after-the-fact afterthought, which is what it's become," stated Richard Blech, Chief Executive Officer at Secure Channels, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 4, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 597
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Dec. 4, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 3,249
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, discussed the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Dec. 4, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 1,993
We are always online. We access our data, our finances, work, and various services on the Internet. But we live in a congested world of information in which the roads were built two decades ago. The quest for better, faster Internet routing has been around for a decade, but nobody solved this problem. We’ve seen band-aid approaches like CDNs that attack a niche's slice of static content part of the Internet, but that’s it. It does not address the dynamic services-based Internet of today. It does...
Dec. 4, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 924
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Dec. 4, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,900
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Dec. 4, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 580
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Dec. 4, 2016 01:45 PM EST Reads: 2,157
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 4, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 1,536
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 4, 2016 12:45 PM EST Reads: 2,125
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 4, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,674
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Dec. 4, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 782
"ReadyTalk is an audio and web video conferencing provider. We've really come to embrace WebRTC as the platform for our future of technology," explained Dan Cunningham, CTO of ReadyTalk, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 4, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 386
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 4, 2016 11:15 AM EST Reads: 907
Major trends and emerging technologies – from virtual reality and IoT, to Big Data and algorithms – are helping organizations innovate in the digital era. However, to create real business value, IT must think beyond the ‘what’ of digital transformation to the ‘how’ to harness emerging trends, innovation and disruption. Architecture is the key that underpins and ties all these efforts together. In the digital age, it’s important to invest in architecture, extend the enterprise footprint to the cl...
Dec. 4, 2016 11:15 AM EST Reads: 2,215
"Dice has been around for the last 20 years. We have been helping tech professionals find new jobs and career opportunities," explained Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 4, 2016 10:45 AM EST Reads: 887
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Dec. 4, 2016 09:45 AM EST Reads: 563