|By Marketwired .||
|October 11, 2012 08:01 AM EDT||
REDWOOD CITY, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/11/12 --
Core News Facts:
- Bunchball, the pioneer and market leader in gamification, today welcomed three leading talent management and technology executives to a new Bunchball Advisory Board created to expedite the company's entry into new markets and expansion within existing ones.
- Oracle's Jason Blessing, Atlassian's Jeffrey Diana, and Heidrick & Struggles' Kelly Kay all joined the Bunchball Advisory Board.
- The Bunchball Advisory Board will meet regularly to explore strategies aimed at extending Bunchball's leadership as a provider of gamification solutions for enterprises, media and entertainment companies, and consumer products companies.
- Their efforts augment Bunchball's existing Customer Advisory Board (CAB), whose members help shape product strategy by ensuring future releases of Bunchball solutions meet the ever-changing gamification needs of enterprises and tie into trends in how people work, consume entertainment, and engage with companies.
- Jason Blessing recently joined Oracle when it acquired Taleo. As senior vice president of product development, Blessing oversees the product strategy and development of Oracle's cloud-based talent management applications. At Taleo, Blessing was executive vice president of products and technology, and in that role he managed the company's entire product strategy, development and production. Prior to this position, he was group vice president and general manager of Taleo's small and medium business unit with global responsibility for sales, marketing, services and products. During his tenure, Taleo Business Edition became the most widely adopted talent management platform in the world for SMBs with more than 5,000 customers. Before joining Taleo, Blessing held senior management roles at Price Waterhouse, PeopleSoft, and Oracle. He holds a degree from the University of Michigan.
- Jeffrey Diana is a builder of world class HR organizations. He recently was named chief people officer of development software provider Atlassian. Diana's focus is to enable the Australia-based company to scale its workforce globally. For the past two years, Diana was chief people officer at SuccessFactors, which was acquired by SAP in February. There he built an HR organization from scratch, helping the company triple in size and establish a global footprint. He previously was chief HR officer at online travel giant Expedia and at Safeco Insurance, a $6.5 billion market leader. From 1997 to 2005, he held senior HR management roles at General Electric and Bellsouth. Diana has master's degrees in HR management and sociology from the University of South Carolina and a bachelor's in American studies from Tufts.
- Kelly O. Kay is the global managing partner of the Software Practice at Heidrick & Struggles, the world's first leadership advisory firm. He conducts worldwide searches for technology companies, focusing on board, CEO and sales and marketing officers. Kay also leads the firm's Marketing, Sales & Strategy Officers Practice for technology companies on the West Coast. Previously, Kay was a managing partner with a leading boutique retained executive search firm in Silicon Valley, and was a partner at the Center for Corporate Innovation (CCI), a nationwide CEO and CFO development, strategy and networking organization sponsored by McKinsey & Co. His career has also included successful stints as a senior executive at a variety of management consulting firms, in addition to sales and management roles at IBM. He has a bachelor's degree in marketing from the University of San Francisco and a MBA from the Marshall School of Business at the University of Southern California.
Attributable to Jason Blessing
"We are finally seeing the consumerization of enterprise software after years and years of talking about it. This is having a dramatic impact on the usability of enterprise software, and on the corresponding value that customers are getting from their investments. If anything exemplifies the trend of the consumerization of enterprise software, it's gamification, and it's a privilege for me to be involved with the pioneer of gamification and the market leader."
Attributable to Jeffrey Diana
"Throughout my career, I've focused on building the most productive and engaged workforces in the world. Achieving that requires an understanding of what really drives people to be their best. At its core, this is what gamification is all about, and that's why I'm pleased to serve with Jason and Kelly on the Bunchball Advisory Board. This is an exciting opportunity to reshape how companies in all kinds of industries inspire and motivate people."
Attributable to Kelly Kay
"Bunchball is the clear market leader in gamification, and in this role, Bunchball is changing the art and science of enterprise loyalty and customer engagement. I'm privileged to be associated with Bunchball's community of investors, its Board of Directors, and its management team -- all of whom are highly regarded in their respective fields. I look forward to helping Bunchball explore ways to apply its game-changing best practices to more markets."
Attributable to Jim Scullion, CEO, Bunchball
"In the next two years, 70 percent of Global 2000 organizations will gamify at least one application, according to Gartner.(1) We're delighted to have Jason, Jeff and Kelly serve as strategic advisors as we work to penetrate that 70 percent. Together, these three proven executives have the insights we need to understand how to capture new markets and to drill deeper into those we're already pursuing."
Bunchball is the market leader and visionary in gamification. Powering the Engaged Enterprise, Bunchball enables organizations to improve business performance throughout their ecosystem by creating highly active and loyal customers, employees, and partners. Bunchball's comprehensive suite of innovative cloud-based solutions empowers companies to engage and motivate, leading to improved employee productivity, customer loyalty and ROI. Bunchball's world-class customers include Adobe, HP, Cisco, Warner Bros., Comcast, LiveOps, VMware and Hasbro. Based in Silicon Valley, Bunchball's investors include Granite Ventures, Triangle Peak Partners, Northport Investments, and Correlation Ventures. For more information, visit www.bunchball.com, our blog at www.gamification.com, or follow @bunchball.
(1) Gartner research finding from 2011
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2119506
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2119508
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2119503
Inner Circle Labs
Email: [email protected]
Things are changing so quickly in IoT that it would take a wizard to predict which ecosystem will gain the most traction. In order for IoT to reach its potential, smart devices must be able to work together. Today, there are a slew of interoperability standards being promoted by big names to make this happen: HomeKit, Brillo and Alljoyn. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Adam Justice, vice president and general manager of Grid Connect, will review what happens when smart devices don’t work togethe...
Jan. 20, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 543
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 20, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 5,720
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 20, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 5,222
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 3,180
Discover top technologies and tools all under one roof at April 24–28, 2017, at the Westin San Diego in San Diego, CA. Explore the Mobile Dev + Test and IoT Dev + Test Expo and enjoy all of these unique opportunities: The latest solutions, technologies, and tools in mobile or IoT software development and testing. Meet one-on-one with representatives from some of today's most innovative organizations
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,640
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 4,343
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and E...
Jan. 20, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 5,827
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 20, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 3,698
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Jan. 20, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 6,081
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Jan. 20, 2017 09:45 AM EST Reads: 2,925
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, introduced the technologies required for implementing these idea...
Jan. 20, 2017 08:30 AM EST Reads: 4,753
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists peeled away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud enviro...
Jan. 20, 2017 08:15 AM EST Reads: 4,943
"A lot of times people will come to us and have a very diverse set of requirements or very customized need and we'll help them to implement it in a fashion that you can't just buy off of the shelf," explained Nick Rose, CTO of Enzu, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 20, 2017 08:15 AM EST Reads: 4,716
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web co...
Jan. 20, 2017 07:15 AM EST Reads: 2,976
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Jan. 20, 2017 07:00 AM EST Reads: 9,078
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Jan. 20, 2017 07:00 AM EST Reads: 6,867
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Jan. 20, 2017 03:00 AM EST Reads: 904
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, looked at differ...
Jan. 20, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 5,035
The security needs of IoT environments require a strong, proven approach to maintain security, trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vic...
Jan. 20, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 6,586
With all the incredible momentum behind the Internet of Things (IoT) industry, it is easy to forget that not a single CEO wakes up and wonders if “my IoT is broken.” What they wonder is if they are making the right decisions to do all they can to increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve customer experience – effectively the same challenges they have always had in growing their business. The exciting thing about the IoT industry is now these decisions can be better, faster, and smarter. Now ...
Jan. 20, 2017 01:45 AM EST Reads: 4,274