|By Marketwired .||
|October 11, 2012 08:01 AM EDT||
REDWOOD CITY, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/11/12 --
Core News Facts:
- Bunchball, the pioneer and market leader in gamification, today welcomed three leading talent management and technology executives to a new Bunchball Advisory Board created to expedite the company's entry into new markets and expansion within existing ones.
- Oracle's Jason Blessing, Atlassian's Jeffrey Diana, and Heidrick & Struggles' Kelly Kay all joined the Bunchball Advisory Board.
- The Bunchball Advisory Board will meet regularly to explore strategies aimed at extending Bunchball's leadership as a provider of gamification solutions for enterprises, media and entertainment companies, and consumer products companies.
- Their efforts augment Bunchball's existing Customer Advisory Board (CAB), whose members help shape product strategy by ensuring future releases of Bunchball solutions meet the ever-changing gamification needs of enterprises and tie into trends in how people work, consume entertainment, and engage with companies.
- Jason Blessing recently joined Oracle when it acquired Taleo. As senior vice president of product development, Blessing oversees the product strategy and development of Oracle's cloud-based talent management applications. At Taleo, Blessing was executive vice president of products and technology, and in that role he managed the company's entire product strategy, development and production. Prior to this position, he was group vice president and general manager of Taleo's small and medium business unit with global responsibility for sales, marketing, services and products. During his tenure, Taleo Business Edition became the most widely adopted talent management platform in the world for SMBs with more than 5,000 customers. Before joining Taleo, Blessing held senior management roles at Price Waterhouse, PeopleSoft, and Oracle. He holds a degree from the University of Michigan.
- Jeffrey Diana is a builder of world class HR organizations. He recently was named chief people officer of development software provider Atlassian. Diana's focus is to enable the Australia-based company to scale its workforce globally. For the past two years, Diana was chief people officer at SuccessFactors, which was acquired by SAP in February. There he built an HR organization from scratch, helping the company triple in size and establish a global footprint. He previously was chief HR officer at online travel giant Expedia and at Safeco Insurance, a $6.5 billion market leader. From 1997 to 2005, he held senior HR management roles at General Electric and Bellsouth. Diana has master's degrees in HR management and sociology from the University of South Carolina and a bachelor's in American studies from Tufts.
- Kelly O. Kay is the global managing partner of the Software Practice at Heidrick & Struggles, the world's first leadership advisory firm. He conducts worldwide searches for technology companies, focusing on board, CEO and sales and marketing officers. Kay also leads the firm's Marketing, Sales & Strategy Officers Practice for technology companies on the West Coast. Previously, Kay was a managing partner with a leading boutique retained executive search firm in Silicon Valley, and was a partner at the Center for Corporate Innovation (CCI), a nationwide CEO and CFO development, strategy and networking organization sponsored by McKinsey & Co. His career has also included successful stints as a senior executive at a variety of management consulting firms, in addition to sales and management roles at IBM. He has a bachelor's degree in marketing from the University of San Francisco and a MBA from the Marshall School of Business at the University of Southern California.
Attributable to Jason Blessing
"We are finally seeing the consumerization of enterprise software after years and years of talking about it. This is having a dramatic impact on the usability of enterprise software, and on the corresponding value that customers are getting from their investments. If anything exemplifies the trend of the consumerization of enterprise software, it's gamification, and it's a privilege for me to be involved with the pioneer of gamification and the market leader."
Attributable to Jeffrey Diana
"Throughout my career, I've focused on building the most productive and engaged workforces in the world. Achieving that requires an understanding of what really drives people to be their best. At its core, this is what gamification is all about, and that's why I'm pleased to serve with Jason and Kelly on the Bunchball Advisory Board. This is an exciting opportunity to reshape how companies in all kinds of industries inspire and motivate people."
Attributable to Kelly Kay
"Bunchball is the clear market leader in gamification, and in this role, Bunchball is changing the art and science of enterprise loyalty and customer engagement. I'm privileged to be associated with Bunchball's community of investors, its Board of Directors, and its management team -- all of whom are highly regarded in their respective fields. I look forward to helping Bunchball explore ways to apply its game-changing best practices to more markets."
Attributable to Jim Scullion, CEO, Bunchball
"In the next two years, 70 percent of Global 2000 organizations will gamify at least one application, according to Gartner.(1) We're delighted to have Jason, Jeff and Kelly serve as strategic advisors as we work to penetrate that 70 percent. Together, these three proven executives have the insights we need to understand how to capture new markets and to drill deeper into those we're already pursuing."
Bunchball is the market leader and visionary in gamification. Powering the Engaged Enterprise, Bunchball enables organizations to improve business performance throughout their ecosystem by creating highly active and loyal customers, employees, and partners. Bunchball's comprehensive suite of innovative cloud-based solutions empowers companies to engage and motivate, leading to improved employee productivity, customer loyalty and ROI. Bunchball's world-class customers include Adobe, HP, Cisco, Warner Bros., Comcast, LiveOps, VMware and Hasbro. Based in Silicon Valley, Bunchball's investors include Granite Ventures, Triangle Peak Partners, Northport Investments, and Correlation Ventures. For more information, visit www.bunchball.com, our blog at www.gamification.com, or follow @bunchball.
(1) Gartner research finding from 2011
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2119506
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2119508
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2119503
Inner Circle Labs
Email: [email protected]
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, explained how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
Jul. 31, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,212
In today's uber-connected, consumer-centric, cloud-enabled, insights-driven, multi-device, global world, the focus of solutions has shifted from the product that is sold to the person who is buying the product or service. Enterprises have rebranded their business around the consumers of their products. The buyer is the person and the focus is not on the offering. The person is connected through multiple devices, wearables, at home, on the road, and in multiple locations, sometimes simultaneously...
Jul. 31, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,010
Basho Technologies has announced the latest release of Basho Riak TS, version 1.3. Riak TS is an enterprise-grade NoSQL database optimized for Internet of Things (IoT). The open source version enables developers to download the software for free and use it in production as well as make contributions to the code and develop applications around Riak TS. Enhancements to Riak TS make it quick, easy and cost-effective to spin up an instance to test new ideas and build IoT applications. In addition to...
Jul. 31, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,043
Identity is in everything and customers are looking to their providers to ensure the security of their identities, transactions and data. With the increased reliance on cloud-based services, service providers must build security and trust into their offerings, adding value to customers and improving the user experience. Making identity, security and privacy easy for customers provides a unique advantage over the competition.
Jul. 30, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,347
CenturyLink has announced that application server solutions from GENBAND are now available as part of CenturyLink’s Networx contracts. The General Services Administration (GSA)’s Networx program includes the largest telecommunications contract vehicles ever awarded by the federal government. CenturyLink recently secured an extension through spring 2020 of its offerings available to federal government agencies via GSA’s Networx Universal and Enterprise contracts. GENBAND’s EXPERiUS™ Application...
Jul. 30, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,947
"We've discovered that after shows 80% if leads that people get, 80% of the conversations end up on the show floor, meaning people forget about it, people forget who they talk to, people forget that there are actual business opportunities to be had here so we try to help out and keep the conversations going," explained Jeff Mesnik, Founder and President of ContentMX, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 30, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,502
I wanted to gather all of my Internet of Things (IOT) blogs into a single blog (that I could later use with my University of San Francisco (USF) Big Data “MBA” course). However as I started to pull these blogs together, I realized that my IOT discussion lacked a vision; it lacked an end point towards which an organization could drive their IOT envisioning, proof of value, app dev, data engineering and data science efforts. And I think that the IOT end point is really quite simple…
Jul. 30, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,323
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jul. 30, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,778
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jul. 30, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,312
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Jul. 30, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,129
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 30, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,284
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Jul. 30, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 992
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Jul. 30, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,418
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Jul. 30, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,135
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Jul. 30, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,533
ReadyTalk has expanded the capabilities of the FoxDen collaboration platform announced late last year to include FoxDen Connect, an in-room video collaboration experience that launches with a single touch. With FoxDen Connect, users can now not only engage in HD video conferencing between iOS and Android mobile devices or Chrome browsers, but also set up in-person meeting rooms for video interactions. A host’s mobile device automatically recognizes the presence of a meeting room via beacon tech...
Jul. 30, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 571
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jul. 30, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,193
It’s 2016: buildings are smart, connected and the IoT is fundamentally altering how control and operating systems work and speak to each other. Platforms across the enterprise are networked via inexpensive sensors to collect massive amounts of data for analytics, information management, and insights that can be used to continuously improve operations. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Chemel, Co-Founder and CTO of Digital Lumens, will explore: The benefits sensor-networked systems bring to ...
Jul. 30, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,670
On Dice.com, the number of job postings asking for skill in Amazon Web Services increased 76 percent between June 2015 and June 2016. Salesforce.com saw its own skill mentions increase 37 percent, while DevOps and Cloud rose 35 percent and 28 percent, respectively. Even as they expand their presence in the cloud, companies are also looking for tech professionals who can manage projects, crunch data, and figure out how to make systems run more autonomously. Mentions of ‘data science’ as a skill ...
Jul. 30, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 653
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet a...
Jul. 30, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 808