|By Business Wire||
|September 18, 2012 07:02 AM EDT||
The TAS Group, the world leader in intelligent sales performance automation, today announced it has launched Dealmaker 8 on salesforce.com's AppExchange, the world’s most popular cloud marketplace for social apps for business. Dealmaker Smart Opportunity Manager is one of the first automated sales methodology apps built natively on the Salesforce Platform and provides Dealmaker customers with exceptional reliability, scalability and tight integration with Salesforce. This enables sales professionals to take advantage of the intelligence and predictive analytics in Dealmaker software, as well as the proven TAS Sales Methodology, integrated with data from Salesforce. The announcement was made today at salesforce.com’s Dreamforce 2012 in San Francisco. The TAS Group will be in booth 1508 in the Dreamforce Expo.
Built on the Salesforce Platform, the world’s leading cloud platform for social and mobile business apps, Dealmaker Smart Opportunity Manager is immediately available for test drive and deployment on the AppExchange at http://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016bYvEAI
Comments on the News
- “Dealmaker delivers unique value from more than 20 years of deep TAS sales methodology expertise, accelerated and consumable through intelligent software applications,” said Donal Daly, Founder and CEO of The TAS Group. “With the release of Dealmaker 8, we are not only delivering intelligent sales effectiveness in the cloud and on mobile devices, but also delivering it directly on the Salesforce Platform, extending the benefits of the leading cloud platform for social and mobile business apps to customers.”
- “Companies around the globe are transforming the way they connect with customers, partners and employees through social and mobile cloud solutions,” said Mike Rosenbaum, senior vice president AppExchange and Force.com operations, salesforce.com. “Partners such as The TAS Group, are leveraging the power of the Salesforce Platform to provide customers with the right tools to accelerate their success in the cloud.”
- “In my experience, just having a good sales methodology is not enough – it must be reinforced in an environment where the methodology is an inherent part of how Sales conducts business on a daily basis,” said Connie Davis, technical program manager, GHX. “The TAS Group has fundamentally changed the conversation about sales effectiveness through their unique combination of embedded sales methodology expertise and intelligent software integrated with Salesforce. The automated smart opportunity and account management capabilities in Dealmaker add real value to our Salesforce deployment and has made a positive impact on our sales processes.” Davis will be featured in a session at Dreamforce 2012: “Finding the Best Fit: Which Sales Methodology is Right for Your Organization?” on September 19, at 3:00-4:00 p.m. in the San Francisco Marriott Marquis, Yerba Buena, Salon 13/14/15.
Dealmaker 8 Key Features
Sales teams can easily collaborate to share tribal knowledge and stay informed of opportunity status:
- Dealmaker facilitates collaboration around deal coaching, deal review and deal strategy planning. Sales reps and managers can collaborate on strengths and weaknesses in opportunity plans to make deal reviews and deal coaching sessions more productive.
- Full Salesforce Chatter integration throughout Dealmaker enables sales reps to share information in the context of an opportunity plan. The embedded intelligence in Dealmaker uses Chatter to automatically advise team members and management of significant changes in the health of each sales opportunity.
- The visual Collaboration Map in Dealmaker enables sales reps and their customers to work together on problem definition and solution visualization.
- The Political Map graphically provides the ability to see relationships within an account, and click to open a Salesforce contact record. This provides quick access to social information about each person including their LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube links, as well as their Klout score.
Dealmaker is designed for today’s mobile sales force:
- Dealmaker is optimized for Apple iPad and all tablets. The app auto-senses when it is on a mobile device and adjusts to replace mouse events with multi-touch swipe, pinch, zoom, and so on.
- The eLearning components are optimized for mobile devices and do not require Adobe Flash. Documents are produced in ePub and MOBI formats to natively display in iBooks on iPad, Amazon Kindle, and many smartphones that support these formats.
- Dealmaker’s included video content is designed for iPad or similar devices, as well as for streaming.
Open architecture ensures compatibility and provides extended value:
- As a 100% native Force.com application, Dealmaker quickly accesses data in Salesforce Sales Cloud and can integrate with other third-party applications and social networks. For example, users can build enhanced dashboards and reports using the combined reporting and dashboard capabilities of Dealmaker and Salesforce.
Embedded Intelligence helps sales professionals sell smarter:
- The patented sales coaching engine in Dealmaker combines context, data and knowledge with an intelligent rules engine to deliver real-time automated deal coaching advice.
- Embedded learning algorithms make Dealmaker smarter over time.
- Answers to critical sales questions are suggested based on information entered by the sales person.
Dreamforce 2012 is the industry’s largest cloud computing and enterprise technology event, welcoming more than 70,000 registered attendees to experience the power of the social revolution. With more than 750 sessions and 350 cloud companies in the expo, attendees can participate in interactive sessions, hands-on training with cutting-edge technology, thousands of live demos and unparalleled networking. In addition, Dreamforce welcomes special guests Sir Richard Branson, Founder of Virgin Group; Jeff Immelt, CEO of General Electric; Gen. Colin Powell, former Secretary of State; Tony Robbins, Entrepreneur, Author & Peak Performance Strategist; and The Red Hot Chili Peppers. Dreamforce 2012 offers attendees everything they need to connect with customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways, under one roof.
- The TAS Group website:www.thetasgroup.com
- Register for Dreamforce: www.dreamforce.com
- Become a fan of Dreamforce on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dreamforce.
- Follow @Dreamforce on Twitter: www.twitter.com/dreamforce
- Follow @thetasgroup on Twitter: www.twitter.com/thetasgroup
- Follow The TAS Group on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/the-tas-group
- Become a fan of The TAS Group on Facebook: www.facebook.com/thetasgroup
- Read the Dealmaker 365 blog: www.dealmaker365.com
About the Salesforce Platform and the AppExchange
The Salesforce Platform is the world’s most trusted and comprehensive cloud platform for building social and mobile cloud apps. It powers Salesforce CRM, more than 2.3 million custom apps built by customers and more than 1,600 apps developed by partners in its ecosystem. Social apps for business built on the Salesforce Platform can be easily distributed and marketed through salesforce.com’s AppExchange.
Salesforce, Dreamforce, AppExchange and others are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc.
About The TAS Group
The TAS Group helps sales professionals sell smarter and manage better using Dealmaker intelligent software and proven sales methodology. Dealmaker sales performance automation software drives revenue growth for businesses worldwide, including market leaders such as Xerox, International Turnkey Systems and Alcatel Lucent.
Dealmaker delivers real-time opportunity and account management, intelligent deal coaching, accurate sales forecasts, smart playbooks, self-paced learning, and predictive analytics, resulting in measurable sales growth. According to the Aberdeen Group, customers of The TAS Group realize 21 percent greater attainment of sales quotas.
Dealmaker is easily integrated with business systems including Salesforce CRM. The TAS Group is based in Seattle with offices in Atlanta, Dublin and Reading UK.
For additional information visit http://www.thetasgroup.com.
We are reaching the end of the beginning with WebRTC, and real systems using this technology have begun to appear. One challenge that faces every WebRTC deployment (in some form or another) is identity management. For example, if you have an existing service – possibly built on a variety of different PaaS/SaaS offerings – and you want to add real-time communications you are faced with a challenge relating to user management, authentication, authorization, and validation. Service providers will want to use their existing identities, but these will have credentials already that are (hopefully) i...
Nov. 26, 2014 08:30 AM EST
The Internet of Things will greatly expand the opportunities for data collection and new business models driven off of that data. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Esmeralda Swartz, CMO of MetraTech, discussed how for this to be effective you not only need to have infrastructure and operational models capable of utilizing this new phenomenon, but increasingly service providers will need to convince a skeptical public to participate. Get ready to show them the money!
Nov. 26, 2014 08:30 AM EST Reads: 176
One of the biggest challenges when developing connected devices is identifying user value and delivering it through successful user experiences. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Mike Kuniavsky, Principal Scientist, Innovation Services at PARC, described an IoT-specific approach to user experience design that combines approaches from interaction design, industrial design and service design to create experiences that go beyond simple connected gadgets to create lasting, multi-device experiences grounded in people's real needs and desires.
Nov. 26, 2014 08:30 AM EST Reads: 196
Scott Jenson leads a project called The Physical Web within the Chrome team at Google. Project members are working to take the scalability and openness of the web and use it to talk to the exponentially exploding range of smart devices. Nearly every company today working on the IoT comes up with the same basic solution: use my server and you'll be fine. But if we really believe there will be trillions of these devices, that just can't scale. We need a system that is open a scalable and by using the URL as a basic building block, we open this up and get the same resilience that the web enjoys.
Nov. 25, 2014 09:30 PM EST Reads: 1,086
The Internet of Things is tied together with a thin strand that is known as time. Coincidentally, at the core of nearly all data analytics is a timestamp. When working with time series data there are a few core principles that everyone should consider, especially across datasets where time is the common boundary. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Scott, Director of Enterprise Strategy & Architecture at MapR Technologies, discussed single-value, geo-spatial, and log time series data. By focusing on enterprise applications and the data center, he will use OpenTSDB as an example t...
Nov. 25, 2014 09:30 PM EST Reads: 1,117
P2P RTC will impact the landscape of communications, shifting from traditional telephony style communications models to OTT (Over-The-Top) cloud assisted & PaaS (Platform as a Service) communication services. The P2P shift will impact many areas of our lives, from mobile communication, human interactive web services, RTC and telephony infrastructure, user federation, security and privacy implications, business costs, and scalability. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robin Raymond, Chief Architect at Hookflash, will walk through the shifting landscape of traditional telephone and voice services ...
Nov. 25, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,349
The Domain Name Service (DNS) is one of the most important components in networking infrastructure, enabling users and services to access applications by translating URLs (names) into IP addresses (numbers). Because every icon and URL and all embedded content on a website requires a DNS lookup loading complex sites necessitates hundreds of DNS queries. In addition, as more internet-enabled ‘Things' get connected, people will rely on DNS to name and find their fridges, toasters and toilets. According to a recent IDG Research Services Survey this rate of traffic will only grow. What's driving t...
Nov. 25, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,200
Enthusiasm for the Internet of Things has reached an all-time high. In 2013 alone, venture capitalists spent more than $1 billion dollars investing in the IoT space. With "smart" appliances and devices, IoT covers wearable smart devices, cloud services to hardware companies. Nest, a Google company, detects temperatures inside homes and automatically adjusts it by tracking its user's habit. These technologies are quickly developing and with it come challenges such as bridging infrastructure gaps, abiding by privacy concerns and making the concept a reality. These challenges can't be addressed w...
Nov. 25, 2014 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,235
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems at Red Hat, described how to revolutioniz...
Nov. 24, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,581
Bit6 today issued a challenge to the technology community implementing Web Real Time Communication (WebRTC). To leap beyond WebRTC’s significant limitations and fully leverage its underlying value to accelerate innovation, application developers need to consider the entire communications ecosystem.
Nov. 24, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,457
The definition of IoT is not new, in fact it’s been around for over a decade. What has changed is the public's awareness that the technology we use on a daily basis has caught up on the vision of an always on, always connected world. If you look into the details of what comprises the IoT, you’ll see that it includes everything from cloud computing, Big Data analytics, “Things,” Web communication, applications, network, storage, etc. It is essentially including everything connected online from hardware to software, or as we like to say, it’s an Internet of many different things. The difference ...
Nov. 24, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,591
Cloud Expo 2014 TV commercials will feature @ThingsExpo, which was launched in June, 2014 at New York City's Javits Center as the largest 'Internet of Things' event in the world.
Nov. 24, 2014 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,606
SYS-CON Events announced today that Windstream, a leading provider of advanced network and cloud communications, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN), a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, phone and digital TV services to consumers primarily in rural areas.
Nov. 23, 2014 07:30 PM EST Reads: 1,795
"There is a natural synchronization between the business models, the IoT is there to support ,” explained Brendan O'Brien, Co-founder and Chief Architect of Aria Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 15th International Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Nov. 23, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,735
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud strategy and programs. In this Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo (http://www.CloudComputingExpo.com), moderated by Ashar Baig, Research Director, Cloud, at Gigaom Research, Nate Gordon, Director of T...
Nov. 23, 2014 07:45 AM EST Reads: 1,751
An entirely new security model is needed for the Internet of Things, or is it? Can we save some old and tested controls for this new and different environment? In his session at @ThingsExpo, New York's at the Javits Center, Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, reviewed hands-on lessons with IoT devices and reveal a new risk balance you might not expect. Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, has more than nineteen years' experience managing global security operations and assessments, including a decade of leading incident response and digital forensics. He is co-author of t...
Nov. 22, 2014 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,498
ARMONK, N.Y., Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it is bringing a greater level of control, security and flexibility to cloud-based application development and delivery with a single-tenant version of Bluemix, IBM's platform-as-a-service. The new platform enables developers to build ap...
Nov. 22, 2014 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,553
The security devil is always in the details of the attack: the ones you've endured, the ones you prepare yourself to fend off, and the ones that, you fear, will catch you completely unaware and defenseless. The Internet of Things (IoT) is nothing if not an endless proliferation of details. It's the vision of a world in which continuous Internet connectivity and addressability is embedded into a growing range of human artifacts, into the natural world, and even into our smartphones, appliances, and physical persons. In the IoT vision, every new "thing" - sensor, actuator, data source, data con...
Nov. 21, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,482
Technology is enabling a new approach to collecting and using data. This approach, commonly referred to as the "Internet of Things" (IoT), enables businesses to use real-time data from all sorts of things including machines, devices and sensors to make better decisions, improve customer service, and lower the risk in the creation of new revenue opportunities. In his General Session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Dave Wagstaff, Vice President and Chief Architect at BSQUARE Corporation, discuss the real benefits to focus on, how to understand the requirements of a successful solution, the flow of ...
Nov. 21, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,558
"BSQUARE is in the business of selling software solutions for smart connected devices. It's obvious that IoT has moved from being a technology to being a fundamental part of business, and in the last 18 months people have said let's figure out how to do it and let's put some focus on it, " explained Dave Wagstaff, VP & Chief Architect, at BSQUARE Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Nov. 21, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,417