|By Marketwired .||
|April 12, 2012 11:31 AM EDT||
NEWTON, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/12/12 -- Next week the industry's best dealers, resellers, VARs and vendors will be in attendance at ITEX 2012, the largest expo and most comprehensive educational event of the year, taking place April 18 - 19, 2012 at the Mirage Resort in Las Vegas.
- MPS Strategy Forum: Dedicated sessions hosted by today's leading experts on how to launch and reinforce a good MPS program. Experts will share actionable formulas and strategies on how to identify, sell, monitor, measure, train, apply, service, finance and leverage MPS for higher profits.
- Managed Services Strategy Forum: Dedicated sessions by industry experts who have the roadmap on how to effectively navigate growing your business through the Managed Services market.
- Pre-Conference Workshops: Intensive classes taking place on Tuesday, April 17th, 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM providing a deep dive into topics such as Cloud Solutions, Sales, and MPS.
- Perfect Image Awards: Join peers at the Perfect Image Awards Ceremony! Presented by imageSource Magazine on Wednesday, April 18th at 3:00 pm at the imageSource Live Theater, to the dealerships that have categorically proven to provide "best-in-class" office solutions.
- Welcome Reception: Network, mingle and catch up with colleagues following the dynamic Keynote Panel Session on Wednesday, April 18 at 5:00 PM in the Mirage Events Center Rotunda.
- Feature Keynote Panel: on Wednesday, April 18 at 4:00 PM attend "The Converging, Competitive World of IT and Print -- How to Survive and Profit" presented by Jon Reardon, InfoTrends; Todd Thibodeaux, Comp TIA; Randy Dazo, InfoTrends and Trevor Akervik, Marco.
- Expo Floor: Featuring hundreds of companies showcasing new products and services in markets including Office Equipment, IT Services, Sales Support, Leasing, Marketing High Speed Printing and so much more.
- Expo Floor Features & Highlights include:
- imageSource Live Theater (Booth #933): Free education on the Expo Floor from credible resources including executives from MPSA, LMI Solutions, Equipment Brokers Unlimited, Adobe Systems, Print-Rite N.A., Intronis, and NubePrint.
- Great ITEX Giveaway 2.0: Attendees will have the chance to win $1000 in Mirage chips or a Vegas vacation getaway just by visiting the Expo Floor. Details provided at registration. The drawings will be held Wednesday, April 18 at 3:30 PM and Thursday, April 19 at 12:30 PM.
- Managed Services Pavilion: ITEX will be showcasing the industry's leading managed services vendors in an easy-to-find pavilion on the Expo Floor. Participants include: Collabrance, N-Able Technologies, ConnectWise, LabTech Software, Intronis and more!
- Networking Breakfast (Aisle 200): Enjoy breakfast and network with colleagues as your day begins at ITEX. Plus, enter a drawing to win a set of Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones!
- Stay Connected Internet Zone (Booth #339): Great destination for attendees to stay connected and catch-up with the office while at ITEX. There will be Internet stations with free access, as well as outlets to charge up and connect your own device.
- Concurrent Events: leading industry groups, associations and vendors have chosen to co-locate their events with ITEX 2012, including Compass Sales Solutions, National Printer Repair Network, Managed Print Services Association, and IBPI.
Tuesday, April 17 Pre-Conference Workshops: 1:00PM - 5:00 PM Wednesday, April 18 Conference: 9:00 - 9:50 AM, 10:00 - 10:50 AM, 11:00 - 11:50 AM Expo Floor Open: 12:00 PM- 4:00 PM Perfect Image Awards: 3:00 PM Great ITEX Giveaway 2.0: 3:30 PM Keynote Panel: 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM Welcome Reception: 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM Thursday, April 19 Conference: 8:00 - 8:50 AM, 10:00 - 10:50 AM, 1:00 - 2:50 PM Networking Breakfast: 9:00 AM Expo Floor Open: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Great ITEX Giveaway 2.0: 12:30 PM
LOCATION: The Mirage Resort & Casino, Las Vegas
PRODUCED & MANAGED BY:
ITEX 2012 National Expo & Conference, the largest North American trade show in the imaging channel, will be held Wednesday, April 18 and Thursday, April 19, 2012 at The Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas, NV. ITEX National Expo & Conference is produced and managed by Questex Media Group LLC, a global, diversified business-to-business integrated media and information provider, headquartered in Newton, MA. www.itexshow.com
For further information, Contact
The security needs of IoT environments require a strong, proven approach to maintain security, trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vic...
Jan. 24, 2017 04:00 AM EST Reads: 6,670
Who are you? How do you introduce yourself? Do you use a name, or do you greet a friend by the last four digits of his social security number? Assuming you don’t, why are we content to associate our identity with 10 random digits assigned by our phone company? Identity is an issue that affects everyone, but as individuals we don’t spend a lot of time thinking about it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ben Klang, Founder & President of Mojo Lingo, discussed the impact of technology on identity. Sho...
Jan. 24, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 4,264
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet and...
Jan. 24, 2017 02:15 AM EST Reads: 6,712
What are the new priorities for the connected business? First: businesses need to think differently about the types of connections they will need to make – these span well beyond the traditional app to app into more modern forms of integration including SaaS integrations, mobile integrations, APIs, device integration and Big Data integration. It’s important these are unified together vs. doing them all piecemeal. Second, these types of connections need to be simple to design, adapt and configure...
Jan. 24, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 1,912
IoT generates lots of temporal data. But how do you unlock its value? You need to discover patterns that are repeatable in vast quantities of data, understand their meaning, and implement scalable monitoring across multiple data streams in order to monetize the discoveries and insights. Motif discovery and deep learning platforms are emerging to visualize sensor data, to search for patterns and to build application that can monitor real time streams efficiently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, ...
Jan. 24, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 5,625
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jan. 24, 2017 12:30 AM EST Reads: 6,435
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, looked at differ...
Jan. 24, 2017 12:30 AM EST Reads: 5,122
"ReadyTalk is an audio and web video conferencing provider. We've really come to embrace WebRTC as the platform for our future of technology," explained Dan Cunningham, CTO of ReadyTalk, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 24, 2017 12:30 AM EST Reads: 2,380
In his General Session at 16th Cloud Expo, David Shacochis, host of The Hybrid IT Files podcast and Vice President at CenturyLink, investigated three key trends of the “gigabit economy" though the story of a Fortune 500 communications company in transformation. Narrating how multi-modal hybrid IT, service automation, and agile delivery all intersect, he will cover the role of storytelling and empathy in achieving strategic alignment between the enterprise and its information technology.
Jan. 24, 2017 12:15 AM EST Reads: 4,779
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Day 2 Keynote at 17th Cloud Expo, Sandy Ca...
Jan. 24, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 7,971
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Jan. 23, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 3,282
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 23, 2017 08:15 PM EST Reads: 3,911
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Jan. 23, 2017 07:45 PM EST Reads: 3,247
Providing secure, mobile access to sensitive data sets is a critical element in realizing the full potential of cloud computing. However, large data caches remain inaccessible to edge devices for reasons of security, size, format or limited viewing capabilities. Medical imaging, computer aided design and seismic interpretation are just a few examples of industries facing this challenge. Rather than fighting for incremental gains by pulling these datasets to edge devices, we need to embrace the i...
Jan. 23, 2017 06:00 PM EST Reads: 3,771
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 23, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 3,809
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Jan. 23, 2017 03:45 PM EST Reads: 5,129
Things are changing so quickly in IoT that it would take a wizard to predict which ecosystem will gain the most traction. In order for IoT to reach its potential, smart devices must be able to work together. Today, there are a slew of interoperability standards being promoted by big names to make this happen: HomeKit, Brillo and Alljoyn. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Adam Justice, vice president and general manager of Grid Connect, will review what happens when smart devices don’t work togethe...
Jan. 23, 2017 02:45 PM EST Reads: 803
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 23, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 5,890
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 23, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 5,369
In the next five to ten years, millions, if not billions of things will become smarter. This smartness goes beyond connected things in our homes like the fridge, thermostat and fancy lighting, and into heavily regulated industries including aerospace, pharmaceutical/medical devices and energy. “Smartness” will embed itself within individual products that are part of our daily lives. We will engage with smart products - learning from them, informing them, and communicating with them. Smart produc...
Jan. 23, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 1,828