|By Yakov Fain||
|February 22, 2011 12:02 AM EST||
During the MAX 2010 conference, it was clear that Adobe was shifting its focus from Flash Player to HTML producing tools. At that conference, the announcement about the acquisition of Day Software was made without much fanfare. Oh well, it’s just another Content Management System (CMS). But after seeing an impressive demo of the release today of CQ5 (a part of Customer Experience Management Platform), I can attest - this is not yet another CMS. It really puts the marketing department of your organization in the driver’s seat when it comes to creating a Web site for promoting your products.
All modification made by the marketing people are saved in a NO SQL database and software developers supporting this Web site use another tool giving them a different view and editing tools for the content of this Web site.
Many times I’ve heard that with “this visual tool” the end users will be able to minimize the involvement of IT department. This applies not only to the UX tools, but to BPM’s as well. If Adobe’s Flash Catalyst is more of a prototyping tool for Flash-based applications or widgets, CQ5 will get you further. Non-programmers should be able to create multi-page Web sites of mixed HTML/Flash content. Besides adding text boxes or images to the Web page, you can easily add membership-based user forums and publish events for your marketing campaign.
Being closely familiar with Wordpress – a popular, simple, and powerful tool for bloggers - I’d say that CQ5 can become a Wordpress for Enterprises. This tool is also cloud-ready. With Wordpress, bloggers have a choice – either host blogs at wordpress.org or download and install the Wordpress on their servers. The cloud model can work for businesses using CQ5 to bring the cost of ownership down.
Another useful feature of CQ5 is its ability to test (and adjust) the newly created Web site on a variety of emulators of mobile devices as shown below.
I believe that with CQ5 Adobe found the middle ground between the completely automated and manual tools - the end users will play an active role in improving their own Web experience.
Omniture is also hooked up to CQ5 to give the end users valuable analytical information about the Web site users and their behavioral patterns.
I’m not easily impressed, but it seems that CQ5 can become Adobe’s most interesting product of 2011.
The official text of the CQ5 press release is below.
Press/ Analyst Contacts
Adobe Systems Incorporated
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Adobe Transforms Customer Experience with New Solution for the Digital Enterprise
New Web Experience Management Solution Enables Businesses to Deliver Targeted Digital Experiences and Optimized Marketing Campaigns Across E-mail, Web, Mobile and Print
SAN JOSE, Calif. — Feb. 22, 2011 — Adobe Systems Incorporated (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced the immediate availability of its new Web experience management solution, a significant milestone in delivering a Customer Experience Management (CEM) platform that powers immersive, multi-channel experiences, transforming how enterprises engage, sell and service their customers. The launch is evidence of rapid integration of the Day Software acquisition and highlights strong momentum in delivering fully unified solutions that enable customers to better integrate their Web presence with business applications and unlock the value of multi-channel communications.
A key component of the CEM platform, the Web experience management solution from Adobe enables businesses to leverage new mobile devices and social communities to extend marketing reach, drive brand engagement, and increase conversion rates of today’s digital consumer. It incorporates new product enhancements to CQ5 from Adobe, including new modules for mobile and marketing campaign management as well as new integration with Adobe® Online Marketing Suite.
Pioneering Customer Experience with New Solutions for the Mobile, Social Web
CQ5 is the only unified suite of content management tools including Web content management (WCM), mobile, social collaboration, marketing campaign management (MCM) and digital asset management (DAM) applications. CQ5 adds the capabilities of Online Marketing Suite, allowing businesses to deliver more targeted content to identified segments and transform a website from a general communications platform into a focused vehicle for lead generation and revenue acceleration.
New CQ5 modules:
• CQ5 Mobile – extends the capabilities of CQ5 WCM and lets businesses easily customize and repurpose existing content for optimal display across screens and devices. In addition to Web application development, CQ5 Mobile is currently the only solution in the market that allows marketers to easily edit content for native applications. Businesses can seamlessly integrate mobile into multi-channel marketing efforts, reduce costs, connect with “on-the-go” customers and increase revenue.
• CQ5 Marketing Campaign Management (MCM) – a unified marketing automation system that allows marketers to effectively plan and roll out multi-channel marketing campaigns by orchestrating campaigns across Web, mobile, mobile apps, social communities, social media and more. By ensuring brand consistency and campaign effectiveness, CQ5 MCM helps increase sales via better conversion rates and brand loyalty.
Updated CQ5 modules:
• CQ5 Social Collaboration – provides online marketers with new tools to build media-rich, interactive online communities that increase site repeat visits, build customer brand identification and loyalty, and facilitate greater customer insight for continuous optimization of new campaigns. With a new Forums capability, users can also exchange
Adobe Transforms Customer Experience with New Solution for the Digital Enterprise and connect information within and beyond the organization to employees, vendors, customers, prospects and other stakeholders.
• CQ Targeting – a seamless unification of CQ5 and Online Marketing Suite empowers organizations to gain real-time marketing agility to drive higher rates of customer acquisition and return on campaign spend.
o Pre-built integration with Adobe SiteCatalyst®, powered by Omniture® enables digital marketers to measure and analyze customer interactions across channels for real-time updates to targeting rules to drive greater relevancy and brand engagement for outbound marketing efforts.
o Pre-built integration with Adobe Test&Target™, powered by Omniture allows digital marketers to analyze customer interactions and behavioral observations across channels to boost online conversion rates and drive increases in sales pipeline and company revenue.
Adobe continues to push product integration and innovation to deliver the most comprehensive Web experience management solution in the market.
Rob Tarkoff, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Digital Enterprise Solutions, Adobe
• “The pressure is high for businesses to become more social, personalized and interactive while maintaining greater revenue at a lower cost. This careful balancing act of effectiveness, improved customer experiences, and multi-channel optimization can only be achieved through an end-to-end Web experience management solution. CQ5 from Adobe, combined with the capabilities of Adobe Online Marketing Suite, gives business leaders unrivaled intelligence and agility to bolster their company brand and incite greater customer loyalty.”
Melissa Webster, Program Vice President, Content & Digital Media Technologies, IDC
• “With the dramatic growth of smartphones, tablets and other connected devices, and the huge adoption of social networks, online marketers must be able to engage their customers across very diverse channels, including Web, mobile and social. Marketers need an integrated platform that lets them create and deliver a compelling and relevant experience – one that's tailored to the particular customer in the context of their interaction. IDC believes it will be critical for customer experience vendors to provide an integrated suite of tools that is designed to deliver specific content to specific customers in context – at any time, on any device – and that provides actionable insight to help marketers optimize that content.”
Hal L. Danziger, Chief Technology Officer, New York Media
• “As consumers use an increasing variety of devices, platforms and channels to access mobile content, it becomes more challenging to deliver a consistently high-quality experience for every user. The rollout of CQ5 from Adobe will make it much easier to create and maintain mobile Web presences and apps that reflect the full richness of our website, with an optimized mobile experience no matter how readers choose to access our content. In this way, we can help meet the needs and preferences of every reader and leverage our strong customer relationships to compete against other media companies across all platforms. We’ve seen from Adobe a continual evolution in the way businesses can create, manage and use content, from simple features like annotation to the ability to publish video without having to worry about formats. It shows an ongoing commitment by the company to provide customers like us with more feature-rich tools for developing content across every platform our readers use.”
Dan Barnicle, Vice President, Content Management and Collaboration, SapientNitro
• “With the continued explosion of mobile devices and increased adoption of social media, marketers need to deliver campaigns that reach today’s savvy, on-the-go consumer in a way that is both authentic and adaptable. SapientNitro and Adobe share a vision for providing marketers, businesses and IT professionals with the tools for delivering more collaborative and dynamic customer experiences to organizations across industries and devices. Today’s launch of CQ5 from Adobe raises the bar on Customer Experience Management for deploying optimized multi-channel campaigns across mobile and social collaboration platforms.”
Andy Peebler, Senior Vice President, Acquity Group
• “Most of our clients, CMOs and technology organizations inside Global 1000 brands, have already invested in their Web, social, mobile and campaign infrastructures, and face a real challenge today maintaining consistency across all these different customer touch-points. Historically, maintaining that consistency has meant a lot of systems integration work to focus on the plumbing of customer experience management versus the time spent understanding customer needs and developing actual content and campaigns. Adobe’s new CQ5 release will allow us as an agency to spend less time on the plumbing and more time listening to customer needs and developing compelling user experiences and campaigns to optimize our clients’ relationships with their customers.”
• Q&A with Kevin Cochrane, Vice President, Enterprise Marketing, Adobe
• Adobe Experience Delivers Blog
• Adobe Enterprise
• Day Software Online Documentation Portal
• Day Software Developer Center
• Introducing Web Experience Management Solution Webinar
The Web experience management solution is immediately available worldwide.
About Adobe Systems Incorporated
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit www.adobe.com.
© 2010 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved. Adobe, the Adobe logo, Day Software, CQ5 from Adobe, Adobe Online Marketing Suite, SiteCatalyst, Omniture and Test&Target, are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, Chief Architect at CTS, will explore the synergy of Big Data and IoT. First he will take a closer look at the Internet of Things and Big Data individually, in terms of what, which, why, where, when, who, how and how much. Then he will explore the relationship between IoT and Big Data. Specifically, he will drill down to how the 4Vs aspects intersect with IoT: Volume, Variety, Velocity and Value. In turn, Tony will analyze how the key components of IoT influence Big Data: Device, Connectivity, Context, and Intelligence. He will dive deep to the matrix...
Oct. 6, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 305
When it comes to IoT in the enterprise, namely the commercial building and hospitality markets, a benefit not getting the attention it deserves is energy efficiency, and IoT’s direct impact on a cleaner, greener environment when installed in smart buildings. Until now clean technology was offered piecemeal and led with point solutions that require significant systems integration to orchestrate and deploy. There didn't exist a 'top down' approach that can manage and monitor the way a Smart Building actually breathes - immediately flagging overheating in a closet or over cooling in unoccupied ho...
Oct. 6, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 248
Scott Guthrie's keynote presentation "Journey to the intelligent cloud" is a must view video. This is from AzureCon 2015, September 29, 2015 I have reproduced some screen shots in case you are unable to view this long video for one reason or another. One of the highlights is 3 datacenters coming on line in India.
Oct. 6, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 229
“The Internet of Things transforms the way organizations leverage machine data and gain insights from it,” noted Splunk’s CTO Snehal Antani, as Splunk announced accelerated momentum in Industrial Data and the IoT. The trend is driven by Splunk’s continued investment in its products and partner ecosystem as well as the creativity of customers and the flexibility to deploy Splunk IoT solutions as software, cloud services or in a hybrid environment. Customers are using Splunk® solutions to collect and correlate data from control systems, sensors, mobile devices and IT systems for a variety of Ind...
Oct. 6, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 583
SYS-CON Events announced today that ProfitBricks, the provider of painless cloud infrastructure, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ProfitBricks is the IaaS provider that offers a painless cloud experience for all IT users, with no learning curve. ProfitBricks boasts flexible cloud servers and networking, an integrated Data Center Designer tool for visual control over the cloud and the best price/performance value available. ProfitBricks was named one of the coolest Clo...
Oct. 6, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 740
You have your devices and your data, but what about the rest of your Internet of Things story? Two popular classes of technologies that nicely handle the Big Data analytics for Internet of Things are Apache Hadoop and NoSQL. Hadoop is designed for parallelizing analytical work across many servers and is ideal for the massive data volumes you create with IoT devices. NoSQL databases such as Apache HBase are ideal for storing and retrieving IoT data as “time series data.”
Oct. 6, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 459
Clearly the way forward is to move to cloud be it bare metal, VMs or containers. One aspect of the current public clouds that is slowing this cloud migration is cloud lock-in. Every cloud vendor is trying to make it very difficult to move out once a customer has chosen their cloud. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Naveen Nimmu, CEO of Clouber, Inc., will advocate that making the inter-cloud migration as simple as changing airlines would help the entire industry to quickly adopt the cloud without worrying about any lock-in fears. In fact by having standard APIs for IaaS would help PaaS expl...
Oct. 6, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 581
Organizations already struggle with the simple collection of data resulting from the proliferation of IoT, lacking the right infrastructure to manage it. They can't only rely on the cloud to collect and utilize this data because many applications still require dedicated infrastructure for security, redundancy, performance, etc. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Emil Sayegh, CEO of Codero Hosting, will discuss how in order to resolve the inherent issues, companies need to combine dedicated and cloud solutions through hybrid hosting – a sustainable solution for the data required to manage I...
Oct. 6, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 441
Apps and devices shouldn't stop working when there's limited or no network connectivity. Learn how to bring data stored in a cloud database to the edge of the network (and back again) whenever an Internet connection is available. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate at IBM Cloud Data Services, will demonstrate techniques for replicating cloud databases with devices in order to build offline-first mobile or Internet of Things (IoT) apps that can provide a better, faster user experience, both offline and online. The focus of this talk will be on IBM Cloudant, Apa...
Oct. 6, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 454
Mobile messaging has been a popular communication channel for more than 20 years. Finnish engineer Matti Makkonen invented the idea for SMS (Short Message Service) in 1984, making his vision a reality on December 3, 1992 by sending the first message ("Happy Christmas") from a PC to a cell phone. Since then, the technology has evolved immensely, from both a technology standpoint, and in our everyday uses for it. Originally used for person-to-person (P2P) communication, i.e., Sally sends a text message to Betty – mobile messaging now offers tremendous value to businesses for customer and empl...
Oct. 6, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 166
As more and more data is generated from a variety of connected devices, the need to get insights from this data and predict future behavior and trends is increasingly essential for businesses. Real-time stream processing is needed in a variety of different industries such as Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Automobile, Finance, Online Retail, Smart Grids, and Healthcare. Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed distributed stream computation service that provides low latency, scalable processing of streaming data in the cloud with an enterprise grade SLA. It features built-in integration with Azur...
Oct. 6, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 735
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Oct. 6, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 571
The enterprise is being consumerized, and the consumer is being enterprised. Moore's Law does not matter anymore, the future belongs to business virtualization powered by invisible service architecture, powered by hyperscale and hyperconvergence, and facilitated by vertical streaming and horizontal scaling and consolidation. Both buyers and sellers want instant results, and from paperwork to paperless to mindless is the ultimate goal for any seamless transaction. The sweetest sweet spot in innovation is automation. The most painful pain point for any business is the mismatch between supplies a...
Oct. 6, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 139
The broad selection of hardware, the rapid evolution of operating systems and the time-to-market for mobile apps has been so rapid that new challenges for developers and engineers arise every day. Security, testing, hosting, and other metrics have to be considered through the process. In his session at Big Data Expo, Walter Maguire, Chief Field Technologist, HP Big Data Group, at Hewlett-Packard, will discuss the challenges faced by developers and a composite Big Data applications builder, focusing on how to help solve the problems that developers are continuously battling.
Oct. 6, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 412
SYS-CON Events announced today that IBM Cloud Data Services has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IBM Cloud Data Services offers a portfolio of integrated, best-of-breed cloud data services for developers focused on mobile computing and analytics use cases.
Oct. 5, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 619
As enterprises capture more and more data of all types – structured, semi-structured, and unstructured – data discovery requirements for business intelligence (BI), Big Data, and predictive analytics initiatives grow more complex. A company’s ability to become data-driven and compete on analytics depends on the speed with which it can provision their analytics applications with all relevant information. The task of finding data has traditionally resided with IT, but now organizations increasingly turn towards data source discovery tools to find the right data, in context, for business users, d...
Oct. 5, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 381
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobile software company with over 150 developers, designers, quality assurance engineers, project manage...
Oct. 5, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 738
Learn how IoT, cloud, social networks and last but not least, humans, can be integrated into a seamless integration of cooperative organisms both cybernetic and biological. This has been enabled by recent advances in IoT device capabilities, messaging frameworks, presence and collaboration services, where devices can share information and make independent and human assisted decisions based upon social status from other entities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Heydt, founder of Seamless Thingies, will discuss and demonstrate how devices and humans can be integrated from a simple clust...
Oct. 4, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 631
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloud Raxak has been named “Media & Session Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Raxak Protect automates security compliance across private and public clouds. Using the SaaS tool or managed service, developers can deploy cloud apps quickly, cost-effectively, and without error.
Oct. 3, 2015 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 627
Who are you? How do you introduce yourself? Do you use a name, or do you greet a friend by the last four digits of his social security number? Assuming you don’t, why are we content to associate our identity with 10 random digits assigned by our phone company? Identity is an issue that affects everyone, but as individuals we don’t spend a lot of time thinking about it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ben Klang, Founder & President of Mojo Lingo, will discuss the impact of technology on identity. Should we federate, or not? How should identity be secured? Who owns the identity? How is identity ...
Oct. 3, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 421