|By Pat Romanski||
|October 25, 2010 02:07 AM EDT||
Adobe on Monday announced the availability of Adobe® LiveCycle® Enterprise Suite 2.5 (ES2.5), expanding the company’s set of solutions for delivering superior customer experiences. New capabilities in LiveCycle ES2.5 include enterprise mobility for improved multiscreen delivery of applications, an enhanced framework for building enterprise rich Internet applications (RIAs), and real-time collaboration to empower organizations to interact with customers and citizens in more meaningful, personal ways. Adobe is also announcing three next-generation Solution Accelerators to reduce development time and increase quality of enterprise applications.
LiveCycle Mobile ES2 Client (Photo: Business Wire)
Improving Customer Experience One Customer at a Time
For organizations with complex multi-channel or multi-device customer contact requirements, IT systems are challenged to keep pace with mobile and social customer adoption and meet customer experience expectations. When customers encounter a negative experience, it undermines brand loyalty. When citizens encounter a negative experience, it impacts an agency’s ability to assist someone in need. Adobe LiveCycle ES2.5 enables organizations to provide their customers with consistent and contextual experiences across channels and devices according to their customers own preference.
- Adobe LiveCycle Mobile ES2, new to the LiveCycle ES2.5 family, extends process management, data capture, and content services to mobile devices, providing true enterprise mobility. LiveCycle Mobile ES2 easily integrates with back-end systems and enables intuitive mobile experiences for Android, Blackberry, iPhone and Windows Mobile devices.
- Organizations can also provide more social experiences by creating user-centric RIAs that embed real-time collaboration including chat, voice, video, screen and application sharing to their customers. For the developer, LiveCycle ES2.5 provides a standard toolset and methodology for design, modeling and development of user-centric enterprise RIAs.
- LiveCycle ES2.5 enhances company’s ability to improve customer service and operational efficiency by extending existing business processes to the point of customer interaction by leveraging the ubiquitous Adobe® Flash® Platform and Adobe® Reader®.
Expediting Time to Value for a Customer Experience Strategy
Adobe is releasing its next generation of Solution Accelerators for organizations that want to improve customer experience quickly. Built on LiveCycle ES2.5, Solution Accelerators kick-start project planning, decrease development time for production applications, and reduce risk with a supportable and upgradable framework. Solution Accelerators provide best practice methodologies, solution templates, and building blocks to extend LiveCycle ES2.5. The three Solution Accelerators are:
- Correspondence Management Solution Accelerator: Enable business users to dynamically create personalized communications using pre-approved layouts and content to provide consistent, high quality customer correspondence such as creating a customized claims letter.
- Interactive Statements Solution Accelerator: Engage customers through communications that embed the power of personalized RIAs in secure PDF formats, including credit card statements, telecommunications bills and electronic invoices.
- Managed Review & Approval Solution Accelerator: Enable multi-party participation in content review processes.
Pioneering Solutions for Social Web Content Management, Measurement Optimization and Visualization
Additional enhancements to Adobe’s solutions for customer experience management are planned through Adobe’s intent to acquire Day Software, a leader in Web experience management for the enterprise. The company expects to add dynamic and social Web content management solutions, as well as measurement, analytics and visualization tools into future versions of LiveCycle, providing a platform to create, deliver and optimize customer experiences. Organizations will be able to easily track and analyze customer behavior and process metrics, enabling them to continually hone and improve applications and processes. Ultimately, Day Software’s leading Web solutions, combined with Adobe’s existing enterprise portfolio, will enable customers to better integrate their Web presence and business applications and unlock the value of multichannel communications across marketing, sales and services.
Rob Tarkoff, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Digital Enterprise Solutions Business Unit, Adobe Systems Incorporated
- “Many enterprise systems were not designed to deliver fluid, intuitive experiences online. Businesses are losing productivity among customer facing employees and customers are frustrated with accessing services. Customers expect to interact with business applications or services in the same way they do when shopping, connecting with colleagues and friends, or booking a vacation. Further, the ability to begin a personalized experience at the desktop and seamlessly continue the task on our mobile devices is imperative. Forward thinking organizations recognize that delivering these consistent experiences across screens to customers is a competitive advantage. With the introduction of LiveCycle ES 2.5 and new solution accelerators, Adobe is enabling businesses to deliver these intuitive experiences that transform the Web into a true online interaction hub for customer acquisition, service and communication.”
Tim Hickernell, Lead Analyst, Info-Tech Research Group
- “Utilities and financial services firms have been developing e-statements and analytical portals for customers since the dawn of the Internet. But the dominant interface for users is both a statement and a separate portal for analysis. Adobe’s new interactive statement solution accelerator will enable suppliers to merge these user interfaces into one interactive statement presented as a traditional business document, but with the analytics contextually embedded right with the statement data. Users will no longer have to go to two separate interfaces to manage and optimize their accounts. In addition to increasing consumer convenience, this convergence will also increase adoption of e-statements by consumers.”
Christopher Belford, Chief Information Officer, Interfile for the South African Revenue Service
- “The South African Revenue Service has a well-known social contract with the public that stipulates we must respond quickly to citizen requests. Using Adobe’s solutions, we developed a customer experience that can be used across multiple channels, from print and Web portal, to branch/on-demand print and offline. The system makes completing and processing taxes faster and easier. We have not only modernized our processes but have created an intuitive, engaging experience that matches the needs of South African citizens and positions the agency as a leader in tax and revenue collection worldwide.”
Markus Humberg, CEO, impuls Systems GmbH
- “The German financial services market is extremely competitive. Only by exceeding our customers’ expectations in every interaction is impuls able to keep its position as the market leader. Using Adobe solutions, we were able to implement a fully digital enrollment system that allows agents to meet with potential clients online and guide them through the entire process; customers are able to sign and submit contracts digitally from the comfort of their own homes or from their mobile devices while on the go. The solution has yielded terrific results – our online sales meetings have a 90 percent closure rate and are two to three times more effective than in-person meetings. impuls will continue to rely on Adobe solutions to deliver superior customer experiences across screens and devices and streamline our complex processes in order to maintain a competitive edge.”
- Adobe in the Enterprise
- Adobe LiveCycle ES2.5
- Experience Delivers
- Adobe CEM on Twitter
- Day Software
- Forrester Survey: Poor Online Customer Experience Creates Disloyal Customers
- LiveCycle ES2.5 Vision Demo
- Interactive Statement
- Customer Experience Management Q&A with Steven Webster, Director of Technology and Experience, Adobe
Pricing and Availability
Adobe LiveCycle ES2.5 is available now. For pricing and more information about LiveCycle ES2.5, please visit www.adobe.com/livecycle.
About Adobe Systems Incorporated
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit www.adobe.com.
© 2010 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved. Adobe, the Adobe logo, LiveCycle, Flash and Reader are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6480701&lang=en
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermi...
Oct. 13, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 273
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Oct. 13, 2015 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 182
Who are you? How do you introduce yourself? Do you use a name, or do you greet a friend by the last four digits of his social security number? Assuming you don’t, why are we content to associate our identity with 10 random digits assigned by our phone company? Identity is an issue that affects everyone, but as individuals we don’t spend a lot of time thinking about it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ben Klang, Founder & President of Mojo Lingo, will discuss the impact of technology on identity. Should we federate, or not? How should identity be secured? Who owns the identity? How is identity ...
Oct. 13, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 504
This week, the team assembled in NYC for @Cloud Expo 2015 and @ThingsExpo 2015. For the past four years, this has been a must-attend event for MetraTech. We were happy to once again join industry visionaries, colleagues, customers and even competitors to share and explore the ways in which the Internet of Things (IoT) will impact our industry. Over the course of the show, we discussed the types of challenges we will collectively need to solve to capitalize on the opportunity IoT presents.
Oct. 13, 2015 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 167
Today’s connected world is moving from devices towards things, what this means is that by using increasingly low cost sensors embedded in devices we can create many new use cases. These span across use cases in cities, vehicles, home, offices, factories, retail environments, worksites, health, logistics, and health. These use cases rely on ubiquitous connectivity and generate massive amounts of data at scale. These technologies enable new business opportunities, ways to optimize and automate, along with new ways to engage with users.
Oct. 13, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 287
WebRTC converts the entire network into a ubiquitous communications cloud thereby connecting anytime, anywhere through any point. In his session at WebRTC Summit,, Mark Castleman, EIR at Bell Labs and Head of Future X Labs, will discuss how the transformational nature of communications is achieved through the democratizing force of WebRTC. WebRTC is doing for voice what HTML did for web content.
Oct. 13, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,505
Through WebRTC, audio and video communications are being embedded more easily than ever into applications, helping carriers, enterprises and independent software vendors deliver greater functionality to their end users. With today’s business world increasingly focused on outcomes, users’ growing calls for ease of use, and businesses craving smarter, tighter integration, what’s the next step in delivering a richer, more immersive experience? That richer, more fully integrated experience comes about through a Communications Platform as a Service which allows for messaging, screen sharing, video...
Oct. 13, 2015 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,234
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dyn, the worldwide leader in Internet Performance, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Dyn is a cloud-based Internet Performance company. Dyn helps companies monitor, control, and optimize online infrastructure for an exceptional end-user experience. Through a world-class network and unrivaled, objective intelligence into Internet conditions, Dyn ensures traffic gets delivered faster, safer, and more reliably than ever.
Oct. 13, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 730
SYS-CON Events announced today that Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, will keynote at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 13, 2015 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 260
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data shows "less than 10 percent of IoT developers are making enough to support a reasonably sized team....
Oct. 13, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 348
The IoT market is on track to hit $7.1 trillion in 2020. The reality is that only a handful of companies are ready for this massive demand. There are a lot of barriers, paint points, traps, and hidden roadblocks. How can we deal with these issues and challenges? The paradigm has changed. Old-style ad-hoc trial-and-error ways will certainly lead you to the dead end. What is mandatory is an overarching and adaptive approach to effectively handle the rapid changes and exponential growth.
Oct. 13, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 340
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal an...
Oct. 13, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 230
The IoT is upon us, but today’s databases, built on 30-year-old math, require multiple platforms to create a single solution. Data demands of the IoT require Big Data systems that can handle ingest, transactions and analytics concurrently adapting to varied situations as they occur, with speed at scale. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chad Jones, chief strategy officer at Deep Information Sciences, will look differently at IoT data so enterprises can fully leverage their IoT potential. He’ll share tips on how to speed up business initiatives, harness Big Data and remain one step ahead by apply...
Oct. 13, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 749
There will be 20 billion IoT devices connected to the Internet soon. What if we could control these devices with our voice, mind, or gestures? What if we could teach these devices how to talk to each other? What if these devices could learn how to interact with us (and each other) to make our lives better? What if Jarvis was real? How can I gain these super powers? In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, will show you!
Oct. 13, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 311
Developing software for the Internet of Things (IoT) comes with its own set of challenges. Security, privacy, and unified standards are a few key issues. In addition, each IoT product is comprised of at least three separate application components: the software embedded in the device, the backend big-data service, and the mobile application for the end user's controls. Each component is developed by a different team, using different technologies and practices, and deployed to a different stack/target - this makes the integration of these separate pipelines and the coordination of software upd...
Oct. 13, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 414
As a company adopts a DevOps approach to software development, what are key things that both the Dev and Ops side of the business must keep in mind to ensure effective continuous delivery? In his session at DevOps Summit, Mark Hydar, Head of DevOps, Ericsson TV Platforms, will share best practices and provide helpful tips for Ops teams to adopt an open line of communication with the development side of the house to ensure success between the two sides.
Oct. 13, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 695
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi's VP Business Development and Engineering, will explore the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving this change including privacy controls, data transparency and integration of real time context w...
Oct. 13, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 306
The Internet of Everything is re-shaping technology trends–moving away from “request/response” architecture to an “always-on” Streaming Web where data is in constant motion and secure, reliable communication is an absolute necessity. As more and more THINGS go online, the challenges that developers will need to address will only increase exponentially. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Todd Greene, Founder & CEO of PubNub, will explore the current state of IoT connectivity and review key trends and technology requirements that will drive the Internet of Things from hype to reality.
Oct. 13, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 323
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 13, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,014
Nowadays, a large number of sensors and devices are connected to the network. Leading-edge IoT technologies integrate various types of sensor data to create a new value for several business decision scenarios. The transparent cloud is a model of a new IoT emergence service platform. Many service providers store and access various types of sensor data in order to create and find out new business values by integrating such data.
Oct. 13, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 684